1 voteRichard Lefaive commented
Better suggestion \ idea:
- Include Windows update ( to internet) command line switch options for :
A) drivers only
B) Patches only
C) AV def's only
D) each combo variation of the above, including ALL.
- Include SCCM built in OSD and App TS options for executing a windows update action, with any of these options.
- The "Drivers only" option would then be able to be executed and provision JUST the latest drivers your machine needs during any OSD or OS upgrade task sequence.
- This would leave you NEVER having to manage any drivers other than the root \ core ; NIC and storage drivers DISM'd into your master boot images which are required for basic OSD to function. ALl other hardware drivers would be provisioned over the internet , just in time.
- Bonus points to MS for including the option to run this WUA function ( drivers only ) as part of an SCCM PATH MANAGMENT driven OS upgrade ( e.g. including support for a post WIN10 upgrade windows update with ta "driver only" switch in the WIN10 Setup.exe) !
679 votesRichard Lefaive commented
can't support this idea enough. A LOT of the higher upvoted items on the overall list are "propeller head" improvements that are NOT as important as this one.
If admins had more control and options over the reboot notification text, final reminders, and experience ... the issues with business hours for corporate clients ( whereby optional period notices \ nags are not delivered \ seen ) that make it a complete abortion would be irrelevant and disappear ( admins could notify users just prior to actual interruption via reboot dialoguing and options ).Richard Lefaive supported this idea ·
4 votesRichard Lefaive shared this idea ·