Updating status to Started.
Our 1901 Technical Preview addresses improvements for optimizing the image
@Taylor do you have your script on GitHub, or Gallery? Would like to leverage it.
With SCM be deprecated, this would be nice to see. The ability to create CI/CB with GPO settings, instead of custom scripts for each GPO setting right now.
Thanks for the feedback. We’re looking at moving the functionality of the Check Readiness step to the task sequence properties and this is one of the additions were considering. Please note this is not scheduled work yet.
Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD
This is already an option, we do this in our SCC m2012 SP1 environment. Check that its plugged in if laptop.
Phase 1 of these feature is in 1602 production
• Branch Distribution Point Maintenance Task
• Discovery Data Collection Cycle
• Hardware Inventory Cycle
• Machine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle
• Software Inventory Cycle
• Software Metering Usage Report Cycle
• Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle
• Software Updates Scan Cycle
• Windows Installer Source List Update Cycle
• Restart SMS Agent Host Service
• Generate new SCCM GUID
• Rerun Advertisement
• Open Client Log File Folder
• Open Client Installation Log File Folder
• Assign Client to Another Site
• Change Cache Size
• Uninstall SCCM Client
• Manage Computer
• Ping System
• Wake On LAN
• RDP to Console
• System Info
• Show Collections
• Running Processes
• Computer Management
• Connect to C$
• Interactive Command Prompt
• Reboot System
• Schedule Reboot
• AD Groups PC is a member of
• Interactive PowerShell
• Group Policy Update
• Open Regedit
145 votesNoted · 5 comments · Ideas » Setup and Server Infrastructure · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
100% agree with this, SCCM and SQL should match what a CM RAP or SQL RAP would tell us to do and make the system perform better, multiple Temp DB's, Auto Growth on Temp DB, Optimize AD HOC queries, indexing, corruption check, DBCC, etc....
149 votesstarted · AdminMark Silvey - ConfigMgr Product Team (Admin, System Center Configuration Manager) responded
First iteration is available in 1901 technical preview.