Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Asset Intelligence on applications

Asset Intelligente and Applikation Management should to Married.
    Is it possible to Combine an Applikation with an Asset int. Information so we can get real license Information? and push the cycle on Client to send all Information ( cycle fort Asset Information)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Place the client Version and Client status (Active or Inactive) in Software Center

Placing the clients version and status in Software center would help to see if the client is having issues (Active or Inactive) and also see if the version needs updating instead of going into the applet in control panel.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Option to throttle content to computers without a local DP at the site

I love a way throttle content delivery to any computers that do not have a local DP at their site.

I can setup client policies but if the computer moves from site to site, this doesn't work. As one site may have a local DP and the other does not.

If there is a DP at the site, they will receive content quickly without consuming bandwidth. So there is no reason to throttle. However, if they're at a site without a local DP, we have it going to our main sccm server at our datacenter. The delivery can consume quite…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • [RFH] Computer restart requirement parameters in powershell are swapped

While setting Computer restart settings in the console requires the notification dialog box display value (for example 1440) must be greater than the countown dialog box value (for example 120), in Powershell it is swapped and the following fails:

Set-CMClientSetting -Name "Default Client Agent Settings" -ComputerRestart -RebootLogoffNotificationFinalWindowMins 1440 -RebootLogoffNotificationCountdownMins 120

This way in Powershell it is not possible to set the correct values except if you swap the parameters:

Set-CMClientSetting -Name "Default Client Agent Settings" -ComputerRestart -RebootLogoffNotificationFinalWindowMins 120 -RebootLogoffNotificationCountdownMins 1440

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • "retry this step if computer unexpectedly restarts"

Add the "Retry this step if computer unexpectedly restarts" option on the 'Options' tab for the Run Package, Run Command Line & Run PowerShell Script task sequence steps.

This is somewhat similar to this request: https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/8482756-osd-task-sequence-option-to-ignore-unexpected-reb

I'd prefer a per-step option versus a blanket setting.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Please fix CCM_Client and CCM_DiscoveryData Discovery on Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Messaging.dll

We use Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Messaging.dll in Version 5.1706.1034.1000. The Discover() Method from "Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Messaging.Messages.ConfigMgrDataDiscoveryRecordMessage" return wrong results on CCM_Client (InstanceDataXml : <CCM_Client><ClientId>GUID:4D440652-FEC7-4709-B84C-1EC844F910FD</ClientId><ClientIdChangeDate>09/20/2017 14:50:30</ClientIdChangeDate><ClientVersion>5.00.8325.0000</ClientVersion><PreviousClientId>Unknown</PreviousClientId></CCM_Client>, We use current Version SCCM1702) and on CCM_DiscoveryData, the OS is Microsoft Windows NT Server 10.0 on a Windows 10 1703 Client (InstanceDataXml : <CCM_DiscoveryData><PlatformID>Microsoft Windows NT Server 10.0</PlatformID></CCM_DiscoveryData>)

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  SDK and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Software Center: Include "Description" under Operating System menu

Include "description" under Operations Systems menu in Software Center instead of Publisher as mostly we deploy Windows OS from Microsoft.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Move inboxes

inboxes\despoolr.box\receive
                  Get full depending on the size of the deployments.

Being able to move this to another drive so that the isntallation drive doesn't get filled up.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Order by Date - not always working (Enduser Experience)

Hey, it would be great if ordering by date would actually order by date and not 'alphabetically'. (Software Center/Installed Apps,

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Package & Application Path in Hierarchy after searching for the packages

Package & Application Path in Hierarchy after searching for the packages to know the location of the package/application instead of searching through all the folders/subfolders

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Improve monitoring in "Upgrades and Servicing"

Improve the interface with SCCM administrators to allow better monitoring of the update stream (perhaps allowing the update to be launched from the console of the server that will be updated instead of only from the center console - which would allow greater interaction with the operating system in SCCM server to be updated - also making the process more flexible). Also experiencing greater confidence and visibility for administrators who perform it.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Enable "Servicing Screen", similar to W7 Thin PC for large upgrades to prevent PC use...

Enable a "Service Screen" (similar to W7 Thin PC) for Software Updates, OSD, large-chained deployments to prevent PC use. Make it optional for the Admin to select to use it and basically reboot into "maintenance mode", run all tasks/Adverts and re-enable the standard UI again on the last reboot of the sequence. Enable the OS to get around this mode in safe boot, if necessary...

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            Noted  ·  sangeev responded

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

• Block reimage/ wipe when machine is flagged for eDiscovery

When machine (mobile or desktop) is marked for ediscovery, block a wipe or reimage. Online and offline image. This tag could be a special file on the un-encrypted partition, hard disk serial number or some other flag.

Task seq should notify user that reimage cannot be applied, console should notify if deployment is added to this machine. Same would happen if wipe is sent.

Override would require Yes/No only by eDiscovery user role.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Allow single systems to exclude single patches from an update group.

We would like the capability to exclude a single patch from a specific computer. Right now, we have to exclude a server from all patches, manually patch it, or create a totally new deployment because a 3rd party vendor requires patch exclusions for their product to function. It would be a whole lot easier if there was a way to exclude a group of specific patches from singular systems or collections.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • OSD - task sequence media - network

the task sequence media has been created for offline scenarios, so the data does not get copied to the sccm. it would be great to have a task sequence media that is online, so all information is also sent and the checks also happen, like a boot image does, the only difference would be instead of downloading the software from the DP it would use the local usb/dvd disk

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Increase default Max run time for Cumulative updates

Default max runtime always set to 5 mins for Cumulative update, this should be increased to 30 like it is for Service Packs

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Include all Pre-Reqs on Media Installtion Disk

Include all Pre-Req files needed for new install or upgrade from supported platforms
                                    Many of us are on secure networks with no internet connectivity. Getting the pre-req files to the system is nearly if not impossible with the current installation method. Some customers such as myself are not allowed to transfer files from the secure network to an internet facing system, negating the setup downloader method

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Create “master-applications” and download user specific settings as a deployment type.

I would like to see the option to have one deployment type as a base for all our customers and then add customer specific settings an other deployment type.

Example 1:
                                      Adobe Acrobat XI Pro would be the default deployment type and the MST-transform file, containing user customizations and license information, downloaded based on OU-Membership or some other variable and applied during the installation.
                                      Example 2:
                                      Office 2013 ProPlus as the default deployment type and the “MSP”, containing user customizations and license information, downloaded based on OU-Membership or some other variable.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Increase Technical Preview client limit from 10

Currently SCCM technical preview only has limited client support of 10. This is inadequate amount for any mid to large company. We cannot accurately ***** the new features on how they will respond to our network and OS configurations.

It should be 20+ for technical preview. Otherwise we cannot mimic our actual environment very well at all.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Have more than one post a year on the team blog.

One post in 2015.
                                          2 posts in 2016.
                                          None in 2017.
                                          Last post over 12 months ago.
                                          Not a Blog...

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base