Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make installing sccm as easy as choosing a system role

Setting up a new sccm site server is much more complicated than it should be. We fork out licensing costs and then have to bring in consultants... An installer similar to the vcenter vsphere setup would be awesome, or better yet choose the role and off we go. We just need to provide a naked 2012 or 2016 server and the installer does the rest using the best practices for configuring sql.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Automatic refresh/update after you do "Update distribution point"

When updating a package over "Update distribution point" we always have to click outside of the section/folder in order to get an updated status of the package we are updating. It would be nice to have it automatically refreshed only for that particular software.

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Display Security Scopes and Collections columns by default under Administrative Users

Many organizations struggle a lot with the concepts in Role Based Administration. One of the things I see that helps them immensely to see how they've misapplied security is to simply turn on the Scopes and Collections column views under Administrative Users. While the Roles are shown by default, without the Scopes and Collections, there isn't enough context for them to understand what is actually set up.

Please display the Security Scopes and Collections columns by default under the Administrative Users view in the ConfigMgr console. This will help people understand RBA at a glance much more easily.

Thanks for…

0 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • CB1606 Hardware Inventory - Client Events - Show friendly names

A new class popped up in CB1606 Hardware Inventory called Client Events. It includes an Event Name (GUID) and a count. Please also include a friendly name for the events.

0 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Client Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add tab for Antimalware Policies on Collection view similar to Device view

Although AM Policies are deployed to Collections just like Custom Client Settings, there isn't a tab to show you deployed AM Policies on collection console views.

Bonus points: Look at Device view and Collection view tabs, and make the names congruent ("Custom Client Settings" vs. "Client Settings")

Super Bonus Points: Resultant Set of Antimalware Polies view which has been suggested elsewhere for a long time (https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/10237263-add-a-view-for-resultant-set-of-policy-for-anti-ma
            and
            https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/8398638-policy-resultant-for-scep-policy-like-clients-sett)

Super Extra Bonus Points: Resultant Set of Client Settings and Resultant Set of Antimalware Policies should clearly show what pages were set by what policy. (https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/14855388-resultant-set-of-client-settings-should-show-what)

Thanks!

0 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Last Discovery Time in Console

Under Administration / Hierarchy Configuration / Discovery Methods, please add a column in the table view to show "Last Discovery Cycle" or "Last Discovery Time"?

0 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Client Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Create a client option to clear the Application Catalog history.

We get occasional complaints from our end users that software they once installed from the Application Catalog (e.g. MS Access 2013) still keeps showing up in their Software Center as "Available" once they have either uninstalled it or have been upgraded to e.g. Office 2016.

It would be nice to have an option in the SCCM client to clear the history and make it forget about the previously requested applications from the Application Catalog.

0 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • MSI feature management

It would be great if the Deployment Types had a feature to manage MSI features.

Currently I have a need for it for Microsoft LAPS.
                  All our machines need the CSE feature and select employees need the Management and Management.UI features.

Using the default detection method making two different applications with the same MSI, installing different features, will result in the second application to run to evaluate as installed before it runs.
                  Making detection methods for the different features of an MSI can be difficult work.

An ability to manage the features in an MSI via Deployment Types and Detection…

0 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Make Progress Status messages descriptive

The Create Task Sequence Media Wizard reports very basic information during the creation, eg. Processsing 0% or 14 % etc but what is it progressing? As you cannot see this information and the processing status resets to 0% multiple times.

Would be helpful to know what it is doing!

0 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Maintenance window start date regression in 1606 - year 1970

We have a 5-minute, non-recurring maintenance window starting 1/1/1970 1:00 AM configured on several critical device collections to prevent reboots due to accidentally-configured deployments - and this worked as of SCCM 1511. In 1606 though, when I try to edit that maintenance window, I receive an un-handled ArgumentOutOfRangeException (Value should be between 'MinDate' and 'MaxDate').

Creating a new maintenance window starting 1/1/1971 1:00 AM (the UI won't even allow you to set 1970, it'll just flip it back to the previous value) and deleting the older one works, but this is certainly a bug. I don't know yet if other…

0 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Asset Intelligence for hardware requirements

Under Asset Intelligence for hardware requirements can you add TPM? with Cred Guard, Device Guard, BitLocker and other new features coming from Microsoft this would be a nice check to have built-in.

0 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • collection with a deployment

Run download computer policy automatically when a computer is added to a collection with a deployment.

0 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          1 2 72 73 74 76 Next →
                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base