Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create Program Wizard Dialogs should be stretchable so that they can be taller.

Specifically the Requirements dialog in the wizard under platform requirements can vary in the number of Platforms displayed, if the dialog was expandable by dragging the corner or bottom down we could see more platforms AND is should remember the stretch so we don't have to do it every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • be able to add an update to an "Exempt" Software update group so that it won't be able by accident.

So that and update won't be deployed by accident (multi admin environment). the update is placed in a Software group which is exempted fully and won't be able to get deployed until removed.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Mass deleting applications and other conifguration manager objects

Mass deleting applications and other conifguration manager objects would be a time saver.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • UEFI to BIOS conversion

understand that in sccm 1609 that is a function to convert bios to uefi in OSD task sequence. will there be a function to convert uefi to bios as well?

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • After 1702 upgrade Asset Intelligence reports no longer work. There is an error in XML document (1, 46648).

After 1702 upgrade Asset Intelligence reports no longer work. There is an error in XML document (1, 46648).

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • real-time

Display real-time installation status on a per machine or per collection basis within the SCCM console. For instance, if installing 20 software updates to a single client, one has to log into the client, launch Software Center, and view the installation status for each update. This status could be installing, waiting to install, reboot required, etc. Rolling this up into the console to say installing 1 of 20, 5% complete, installing application X, 25% complete, running task sequence step 4 of 10, 40% complete, rebooting, back online, etc. would be valuable on a per server or per collection basis. This…

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • MDT features in ConfigMgr

Per Adam Meltzer's request:

Instead of having MDT installed by default with CM, have the option to include some of MDT's features into CM.

"Maybe a better request here would be to have some more feature parity between MDT and Configuration Manager. In other words, at minimum Configuration Manager should have all of the functionality MDT has."

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Apply Group Policy during OS deployment

Many customers asking me the same question: Is it possible to apply Group Policy during or at end of OS deployment? My answer is as always: No, this isn't possible, because Microsoft doesn't allow it. It may or will break you task sequence deployment. Therefore some steps needs to be applied to get the job done.

Trick is you need to logon first, apply group policy, and logoff or shutdown again. It is possible, but needs a lot of custom configuration to make it happen. Hope that Microsoft can apply some changes, where Group Policy can be applied during OS…

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Remote Control send Wake-On-Lan Magic Packet upon initiation

Some issues can only be resolved after the user is no longer in the building. Often times users turn computers off and walk away. It doesn't appear that there is an easy way to just send a WOL packet from the SCCM Console to boot the machine back up.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Remote Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Ability to Control/Limit Wake-Up Proxy Candidates

The nomination for Wake-Up proxies is fully automated.
                      From testing, up to three devices per subnet will remain switched on (or in some cases start back up if a user shuts them down). This is not appropriate in cases where a small office may contain only 4 or 5 machines.
                      Additionally, if a server is located at a particular site (DP for example), this should be the sole wake up candidate, due to the fact that the likelihood of that device shutting down is minimal.
                      I propose changes to achieve the following:
                      1) The ability to designate specific Wake-Up proxies …

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Advanced Security Audit and User Affinity

Please update SCCM to support the audit events generated using Advanced Security Audit instead of just the classic audit settings. SCCM should automatically detect the audit regime in use and look for the appropriate audit entries. SCCM should be able to manage user affinity for both Advanced audit and classic audit scenarios. Also remember that in many companies or projects, the people managing SCCM is not the same people managing GPOs.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Allow periods in SUG Names

This is rather annoying when you are trying to deploy updates that have a period in their name or version number

Can this be looked at for future builds so we can create SUGs with names like "SUG - .NET Framework 4.6.1" and not "SUG - DOTNET Framework 4-6-1"?

:)

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • 1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. That message is shown when there’s no Applications added to the step and is expected.

You need to create an Application with a deployment type that installs as System, then you can browse to select in the Install Application step. More details here – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/osd/understand/task-sequence-steps#a-namebkmkinstallapplicationa-install-application

Hope this helps answer your question? If not, please let me know.

• Unable to store DEVICE_GUARD_DATA coming from client HW inventory in SCCM database

After extending the hardware inventory to collect DEVICE_GUARD_DATA clients are sending the inventory but its failing to process on the SCCM server. It fails with error: Compilation failed~syntax error on line 8345, token ',' SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER 10/26/2016 2:54:48 PM 19308 (0x4B6C)

Got the MIF file from the customer and checked it. Its failing on below section on "AvailableSecurityProperties":

*******************************************************************
                              Start Group
                              Name = "Device Guard"
                              ID = 817
                              Class = "MICROSOFT|DEVICE_GUARD|1.0"
                              Pragma = "SMS:ADD"
                              Key = 2
                              Start Attribute Name = "AvailableSecurityProperties" ID = 1 Type = Integer Value = End Attribute
                              Start Attribute Name = "InstanceIdentifier" ID = 2 Type…

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Issues with Import-ClientConfiguration

Import-CMComputerInformation is not allowing me the same access via Powershell as the console itself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SCCM/comments/6dipv2/permissions_to_importcmcomputerinformation/

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Document application catalog certificate change process

There are several cases when a certificate change on a Application Catalog will need the role to be reinstalled (or switched from https to http and back). It is noted in the bolg https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2012/07/05/tips-and-tricks-for-deploying-the-application-catalog-in-system-center-2012-configuration-manager/ but should be within the docs to minimize application deployment outtages.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • To remove Driver update classification from SUP on SCCM

To remove the Driver Updates classification from Products and Classification on SUP from SCCM 2012 onwards.

Driver Updates Product was removed however Classification for the following still remain:
                                    Windows 10 and later drivers,
                                    Windows 10 and later upgrade & servicing drivers
                                    Windows 8.1 Drivers
                                    Windows 8,Windows 8.1 and later drivers

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Bootstrap: Remediate failures encountered with previously binaries modules (product IDs)

Adjust the bootstrapping for himself, which already identifies previously installed modules and conflict (and shown in the logs identified by their respective ProdIDs), remove them safely and then properly install the correct modules;

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Automatically populate Product Code field in Deployment Type when importing MSI Application

When create an Application and import and MSI it will automatically populate the Detection Method with the Product Mode GUID. However, you still have to manually fill in the Product Code field on the Programs tab. This field is almost always a good idea if using an MSI with the application so that you can repair from Programs and Features.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • I would like to request for an downloadable link to the latest SCEP Installer

I would like to request for an downloadable link to the latest SCEP Installer. I have a restricted environment that is not managed by config manager. We have SCEP running on over 200k clients, configured by GPO. These machines are deployed using images. To ensure the client is not required to download SCEP+SP1+definition updates, the intent is to pre-load the updated VHD/WIM with the latest version of SCEP, so that the server is not taxed with having to download those updates from WSUS.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base