Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add cleanup of deprecated Application Catalog roles as a Management Insight

Management Insights are great! As a consultant, I often train customers to check these on a regular basis and act on them to improve Site performance and to have a supported configuration.

Application Catalog roles have been deprecated. It would be a nice-to-have addition to the Insights panel, in my opinion, to instruct on removing the application catalog website and application catalog web service roles, and to review the default and any custom client settings to ensure Default Application Catalog website point is set to (none).

(taken from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/apps/plan-design/plan-for-and-configure-application-management#bkmk_remove-appcat)

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Application management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Run Script Needs Better Logging on the Server Side

The scripts.log on the client is great, but I have seen where the console never gets results. I've waited 10 minutes and it just sits there showing the green progress bar. The script itself runs in less than 2 seconds. The MPRelayMsgMgr.log and SMSMessageProcessingEngine.log on the server don't show the machine name, and the information they do show is limited. Makes troubleshooting really difficult when the script that needs to run allows you to remote into a machine (remoting is blocked by company policy and a PowerShell script is needed to run in order to enableā€¦

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable/Disable Rules in Membership Rules on a Collection

Lets say you have one to many Query rules built in a collection but you don't need it a specific time or you are troubleshooting something.
    You want to be able to stop using the Query statement without having to remove it from the collection or Build a new collection. A way to keep it documented without having to remember how you last created a rule.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Application supersedence for user deployments

At the moment application supersedence is only working with machine deployments. Please make this work for user deployments.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto-size Columns when looking a tabs in a deployment?

While in MEMCM 'Console', when I go to troubleshoot a deployment on the 'Error' tab, I auto-size the columns for my view so I can see info. Can this be the default?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Community hub: Add rating option and list view

The Community Hub is really cool but it's difficult to keep the overview. A list view with filter option and the possibility to rate solutions would be great.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Task Sequence variable during Apply Driver Package

Inside the Apply Driver Package step, it would be useful to be able to insert a variable in order to allow the driver to be applied dynamically based on the vendor or model.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Operating system deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. In-place upgrade Task sequence should check if actual OS upgrade has completed

Scenario:
    1) We are performing in-place upgrade from 1709 to 1903,1909, 20H2.
    2) We have created In-place upgrade task sequence and deploying OS upgrade package using CB 2010.
    3) Client machine is getting the TS and executing.
    4) It reboots the system to upgrade the OS.
    5) After reboot while OS is still upgrading, due to any driver issue or any other reason, window rolls back the upgrade.
    6) We login to the system again and see it on older version 1709 , as expected.

7) We check the status of task sequence on Software Center and it shows asā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating system deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. allow manually configured phases for applications

There seems no logical reason why it isn't possible to manually configure phases for application deployments the way they can be for updates - changing the way maintenance windows are handled for example, or setting phases to be manually moved on to.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integrate ola hallengren sql maintenance into configmgr console as the de facto standard

Integrate ola hallengren sql maintenance into configmgr console as the de facto standard as a built in mecm maintenance task which seems to be the wildly preferred solution to the current built in re-indexing Maintenon task.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site deployment and infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. script

Add option for "Run Script" to be able to see the machine on which the script didn't run. Example I run a signed script on a collection, some of the machine do miss the sign-script certificate. To identify those machines, I need to create another collection with machines on which script did run and exclude from original one. Which is annoying and time consuming.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SDK, PowerShell, and tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. CurrentlyLogedonUser shows only 1 User

Hi,
    we manage Servers with SCCM CB and it came to my Attention that i can filter on Currently Logged on User, which on a Client is definetly 1 User but on a Server could be more than 1 user.

So i did a few selects on the SCCM DB to see if there is a view that would help me

select Name,CurrentLogonUser,* from dbo.v_CombinedDeviceResources CDR
    where CDR.Name = ā€˜HOSTNAMEā€™

but there is only 1 ROW returned even if more users are logged on.

Maybe this view and the appropriate tables could be modified?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change the default action upon closing a required deployment notification

When the SCCM toast notification for a required deployment appears, the default option is "install now". If the user clicks the "X" to close the window without making any changes, the install will begin immediately. This behavior should be changed as it is not the intended action.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the AppDT Id (modelname) to the console

Sometimes all you have as an Application identifier in a log is the AppDT Id.

For example in the AppDiscovery.log in the form of "AppDT Id: ScopeIdxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx/DeploymentTypexxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx.
    At the moment you need an SQL Query to find the Deployment Type and the Application (via modelname).

There is already a "Model name" column for the Deployment in the console. It would be nice to have "Model name" for the Deployment Type also, so we can identify it inside the console.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a button in ConfigMgr to remove expired secret keys

Currently the only way to get rid of expired secret keys in ConfigMgr (At least what i told by a MS Supporter) is to delete them with following SQL query:
    Delete from AADApplicationEx where ClientID=""

To make things easier it should be possible to do this through a button in the ConfigMgr Console.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show logged on users under asset details when looking at deployments

When looking at a deployment status, under the Asset details it would be really nice to show the last logged on user. There is a "user" column that never seems to work for me.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content management and monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
1 2 220 221 222 224 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base