Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easier to implement other Custom OSD menus

Easier to implement other Custom OSD menus. I have written a new front end (We deploy offline to classified systems with specific configurations). There is very little information on how to implement your own custom OSD. I built one in PowerShell Studio but have yet to implement. Still trying to figure how to do it. Current GUI is limited.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. OSD - Mutiple Hard Drives Dynamic Selection

To have a task step that would enable you to dynamically select the drive to be used as the Operating System during deployment.

This would enable hardware with multiple hard drives to make a dynamic selection...such as selecting the fastest, smallest hard drive for the OS

Deployment guide and script can be found at https://github.com/Drakey2000/PowershellScripts/tree/master/OSDReport

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Detection by script should evaluate by True/False

Currently script detection only returns detected if something is written to STDOUT, nothing is written to STDERR and the exit code is 0. The STRERR stream and exit code requirements aren't necessarily an issue, but requiring something in STDOUT seems strange. Returning True/False is more intuitive, and would be more consistent with the built-in detection methods.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Application description text locale changing.

We add two localisationed descriptions to ours apps in software center. And When you click install button localisation suddenly chaging and stay. Seems to be some how connected to default language option of localisation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Create applications or Package to Uninstall Apps

Que desde la opciĆ³n de Inventoried Software, se puedan crear paquetes o aplicaciones para desinstalar El software instalado, presionando click derecho y este pueda ser desplegado o utilizado en secuencias de tareas o en despliegues sencillos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Device Supersede

Copy associated device collections of one device to another.

I'll explain

Computer A is old and needs to be replaced. It is slated to be replaced with Computer B.

Currently at this point I need to manually remove Computer A from all the Device collections manually. And then Manually add Computer B to those same collections.

It would be lovely if I could supersede a device. So right click on device , and have option to supersede. Then dialogue box pops up and asks for a device. Much like the current "Add Resource" search box.

Then Computer A is removedā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Closing the MECM console after minutes of inactivity

Closing the MECM console after minutes of inactivity

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SMS Agent Host Startup Type - Client Setting

There should be an option in the Client Settings to select the Startup Type for the SMS Agent Host. It takes a couple minutes for the agent to start by default since it's set to Automatic (Delayed Start).

While I think that this should remain the default, it should be an option in client settings to switch this to a regular Automatic startup type.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would be nice if column selection was sticky.

Would be nice if column selection was sticky. I always want to see the co-managed and OS build columns as they are relevant to current projects. I have to select them every time I launch the console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move "ERROR" Flagged Deployments to In-Progress for "Application not detected" after installation.

Move "ERROR" Flagged Deployments to In-Progress for "Application not detected" after installation. Currently, many deployments install as expected but are not detected after installation. Soon after the detection succeeds and subsequently resolves to "Success".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to customize SoftwareCenter icon size and views

I realize there are already some request for custom icons, but please make the icons smaller or better yet: make the default views customizable.
    The List view still wastes too much space. Also you should be able to sort by klicking on the row headers.

I am still using the old SW center because it is much easier to view, especially for the updates.
    Speaking of the updates view, the install all button is good, but when you switch to selecting there is no select all. Which would be very helpful if you just want to skip ONE single updateā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom Client Settings Configuration Deployable to a User-Based Collection

At present, there is no option for deploying a custom client settings configuration to a user-based collection. Can you make this available? Afterall, a user-based collection is really a workstation based collection based on the particular users involved. I've needed to set custom restart deferral configs for a particular app deployment that i'd like to target users with, but I don't have this option as a custom client settings config can only target workstation based collections.... whats up with that? :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide more easily found lists of status codes

Hey Microsoft,
    Why is it so bloody difficult to find lists of things like, I don't know, Status Codes, Detailed Status or whatever you want to call it. You have all sorts of "codes" listed in different locations but nothing easily located to identify what each of those mean. I shouldn't have to waste a day Googling just to try and find an answer for something like "What is requested status of 105 mean?". It should just be there. COMPLETELY leaving alone having a completely different data header in SQL versus what you display via the console, how's about knockingā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. I would like not to have to sign in every single day multiple times I would like my thing set per minute I have the same password the same e

Do you think that you can bring it back to the way it was so I don't have to sign in multiple times a day and I keep getting an era I never had to do this before and it's driving me crazy you have my email address you have my phone number and my password I should not have to be signing in every day multiple times

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. report to show which compliance item is non compliant for a compliance baseline

report to show which compliance item is non compliant for a compliance baseline

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. maintenance window and computer restart notification time preventing reboots

It seems that if you set a client notification time in Computer Restart client policy that exceeds the maintenance window on a collection then the devices in that collection will never force a reboot with a user logged on.

It would be nice if it gave the user the notification window but when the maintenance window comes around for the 2nd time and a reboot has not been done then the installation would happen at the start of that maintenance window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Flowchart : Pre-download content for a task sequence" (client side)

Hi,

If possible, please provide flowchart for this scenario --> Pre-download content for a task sequence" (client side)

(My issue is --> BITS error during TS predownload content, after cleaning bits jobs, predownload will never restart)

Maybe this flowchart will help us ?

Actually in Configmgr 1806

Thank you !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Switching Connection Type should be easier

As far as I know, the only way to change a clients connection type to "Always Internet", "Always Intranet" or to a switching Connection Type (Currently Intranet/Currently Internet), is by re-installing the client. How nice would it be if we could control this setting without having to re-install the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice to see the total space needed for a task sequence before it is created

It would be nice to see the total space required for a standalone task sequence media creation before the process starts. It doesn't help to try and create media when I don't know if it will fail due to the size of the flash drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base