Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Behaviour when deleting a deployment

When deleting a deployment from the packages pane, we seem to be bounced to the deployment monitoring page.

This makes no sense to me, especially when 9 times out of 10 I'm just going to head back to the package to re-create a deployment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Inform a user when an application has been closed by an installing package

Running 1906 with hotfix.
    When using the option to "Automatically close any running executables you specified..." while deploying a product which needs an application closed, when the deadline is reached the applications are closed, but there is no notification to the user as to why. If in front of their machine, the user will then invariably re-open the application (especially if this is Outlook) which will cause the installation to fail.
    I would suggest that when the application is automatically close, a message box is shown informing the user what's happened which stays on screen until the installation is complete,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add 'are you sure' logic to buttons in the ribbon

Would be great to have a prompt for certain buttons in the ribbon to verify you clicked the correct button. Many, many times I want to click 'refresh' on a collection only to accidentally click 'copy'. Not a huge issue, but an annoyance where I have to them delete the unwanted collection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include User OU membership as a field

Add a field to the Users that shows what AD Site they are members of. This is similar to the AD Site view for Computers, just also apply the same type of visibility to the Users so we can easily determine where those users are across the Enterprise. This would help with validating theat their priary devices are in the correct device AD OU for management.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Approval process on DCM - Configuration Items

As it is with the Scripting Node, there are some that may utilize the feature that Scripts need to be Approved; would like to see a mechanism on DCM on the Configuration Item that requires review/approval before it can be attached and deployed in a baseline. The goal is to keep operators from skirting the scripting approval process by using a DCM Object to perform the actions they want to execute that they could not do via Scripting due to lack of approval.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Orchestration Group membership

I have a few collections that use queries for membership. I would like to be able to have a query run once a week to check membership for Orchestration Groups instead of going through and creating a static list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. compliance badge for client

When a user wants to know if their PC is 'compliant' then the Software Center 'compliance' tab confusingly doesn't relate to their actual compliance with software updates, its for an unused conditional access feature (or am I wrong and the only one confused by this.) users go to the compliance tab and think they are up to date. how can users know if they are patch 'compliant/?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DCR: Provide Application content identifiers in the task sequence environment.

This will allow Alternate Content Providers to perform pre-flight content availability checks and download content not cached locally before the content is required. At the moment. smsappinstall.exe only obtains the content identifier when executed using the ScopeId_...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow 'Automatically upgrade any superseded version of this application' to be configurable for required deployments

Allow 'Automatically upgrade any superseded version of this application' to be configurable for required deployments. Just like what was done for Available deployments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Issues after upgrading to 1706

I’ve updates to 1706 in my lab. There are a few things that they don’t work appropriate way.
    1) Log compmon.log said that “Can not get the current execution state for component CONFIGURATIONMANAGERUPDATE since it is not installed or completed installing.”. That is not true.The update process is finished. The console said all tasks were completed.
    2) Configuration Manager Service Manager does not communicate with most of components. I have no idea why because they work

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reporting for File Replication (under Hierarchy Configuration)

It would be nice to have File Replication reporting for large sites. This way you can see all of Site to Site connection information and policies. Thus avoiding having to open and check each one for Rate Limits and Schedules. Maybe also tie in the Rate Limits from the DPs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable columns customization to ease identify importance

In "Identify Importance" step there are no “Type”, “Virtualized” or “Support Statement” columns in the apps view, present in the global assets view.
    These three columns will be very useful when drilling through thousands of apps in a Deployment Plan, to simply filter “Modern” or those with “Support Statement=Yes” and flag them as “Not important” and “Ready”.
    Adding or removing additional available columns will also improve other workflows or perspectives on data as needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include AdapterSerialNumber in the default class available for MSFT_PhysicalDisk

Please include AdapterSerialNumber in the default inventory for MSFT_PhysicalDisk. According to some internal sources of people who have to monitor and track actual physical hard drives, that is the serial number of the disk, and not the attribute of "SerialNumber".

Get-CimInstance -Namespace "root/Microsoft/windows/storage" -ClassName MSFT_PhysicalDisk | Select-Object -Property *

AdapterSerialNumber is listed, but it's not within the default choices. I know from previous painful experience, that if I were to "just import a mof" to add that additional attribute, or browse in the console and have it added--upon an upgrade my cheat attempt was wiped out and replaced with the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to export the application's compatibility from the deployment plan

Option to export the application's compatibility from the deployment plan

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. numbers in windows serviceing not the same as a query

pie chart shows 20 and a query shows 19 why the difference?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a "superseding update deployed" column to the Software Updates node(s)

When a software update has a superseded = yes, it would be useful to also be able to see if the superseding update is deployed, to verify it is safe to remove from a given software update group.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set printing default settings to "one page"

Default settings for printing to "one page".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a right click or ribbon option for Update Pack Installation Status dialog

A simple addition in theory (I hope) which seems logical.
    The scenario is - when viewing the Updates and Servicing node, I generally run a pre-req check first. When my pre-req check has warnings I want to see them. Currently I have to go to show status (bottom right) which takes me into the monitoring workspace, then show status again from the ribbon. Could we have that "Update Pack Installation Status" dialog directly from a right click or ribbon from the Servicing node?
    This would also be useful for checking installation status when running the upgrade without opening the CMUpdate.log…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. change

1. Phased deployment should be extended to all deployments [application, package, patch] and not limited to only TS

2. real-time monitoring of OS migration and upgrade

3. Extend the feature that is available in 1802 for dashboards to displays a list of relevant devices when graph sections are selected for all dashboards

4. Reboot management - need better control and customization. Enterprise look at giving more options to users. Similar to allowing IT admin customize the software center, reboot option should also be allowed for customization by IT.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ON-OFF switch for the encryption function

Make an adjustment in the system settings to allow - or disallow the encryption of the harddisk. That way ransomware couldn't do any damage to user data anymore

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base