Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. scrolling

Any time I am deploying an application or package and I click on a folder to find the collection to deploy to, the focus does not remain on the folder I clicked on. The screen jumps back to the top and I have to scroll down to see the contents of the folder. It doesn't behave this way when you are navigating normally, just when you are deploying software.
    Please fix it so it retains the focus on the folder you clicked on like it is in VIRTUALLY ALL OTHER applications. Navigation should be consistent no matter what you areā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Content management and monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Add description as an item in the "Servers and site system Roles" window it's nor currently available to add to the view

the Description field is not available to Add to the view in the Servers and site system Roles window.
    Our site servers have Numbers as names so to ease identification if we could add the description field to the view window we could put in a more obvious name.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Application description text locale changing.

We add two localisationed descriptions to ours apps in software center. And When you click install button localisation suddenly chaging and stay. Seems to be some how connected to default language option of localisation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Admin user control

I am looked out of administrator control.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Complete and Robust Control of System Reboots

There are many suggestions about reboots, but really, generally, there needs to be a robust and completely customize-able way to configure EVERYTHING about system restarts in ALL circumstances. Ideally this would be in a dedicated module, with the ability to create multiple definitions that can be applied to maintenance windows, application and update deployments, OSD, etc..

That means everything.....what kinds of prompts the users sees, what their options are in terms of postponing, conditional rules based on whether a user is logged on or not, EVERYTHING.

The VAST majority of my user complaints about system maintenance are related to systemsā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Inconsistent feature support in different wizards

By introducing new features or capabilities into CM not all wizards have been updated. That creates an inconsistent behavior. I tried to address that as bugs but was told this would be feature requests and must go to user voice.

Software Update Group Deployment & Automatic Deployment Rules
    Software Update Groups can be deployed as available (we use this e.g. for the newest driver updates), but ADRs can only create Required deployments.

Provisioned appx
    You can set on appx based applications ā€˜Provision this application for all users on the deviceā€™ and ā€˜Allow that application to be installed from the Installā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In software centre add a select all button when using multi-select mode in applications

In software centre add a select all button when using multi-select mode in applications

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show Ethernet connection speed before start OSD task sequence

Sometimes the users just don't know their computer is actually connected LAN at 100 Mbps instead of 1Gbps due to network port issue or network cable issue. It will take almost 5 times longer time to complete the OSD task sequence. It just messes up the things. I hope the network connection speed info is visible in WinPE or give user a warning before kicking off the OSD task sequence.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Operating system deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Set default option for the warning for a large number of results

I would like to set a default selection for the Warning about a large number of results.... Click OK .
    Our system does not have that many devices and I would like a default setting to never see this warning again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Open Deployments "In New Tab"

It would be nice to see the Deployments Node in the Monitoring Workspace have an option to open a deployment without losing my search results. Maybe something similar to "Open in New Tab" you see in a browser. When I am looking at multiple deployments, I don't like having to go back and forth between the search results and the deployment status I am monitoring. I would like to be able to open multiple and then view after I've selected the ones I want to see.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content management and monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Show Client Version in HELP-ABOUT from ConfigMgr console

While working with boot images, I need to click UPDATE DISTRIBUTION POINTS and see if the client within the boot image is the same as the client on the site server. It would be nice if I can see the current (latest) ConfigMgr agent shown in HELP-ABOUT from ConfigMgr console as a all-in-one screen so I would spare some time checking and updating the boot images

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client deployment and discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Updating status to noted.

Thanks for your feedback.

Not sure what I’m missing here…
    The ‘About Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager’ shows ‘Site version:5.0.9012.1000’ – that’s an example from our 2006 release. The same is shown in the Boot Images view, the Client version column.

The update Distribution Points wizard shows the current ADK version, the current production client version and in the table below the reload option we show the OS version of the boot image and the version of the client binaries.

Could you let me what I’m missing? The information present in the wizard covers everything you’d need to know – in my opinion anyway.

Thanks

12. Support for customization of notification text in 'Required software changesā€¦' dialog

The current 'Required software changesā€¦' dialog only informs the user that 'The change will be applied after <deadline date> at <deadline time>, or you can apply the changes:ā€¦'. It would more empower the user for making a smarter decision when choosing to apply changes 'Right now (recommended)', 'Outside my business hours', or 'Snooze and remind me:' if the following additional information is provided on a per deployment basis:
    1. Estimated install time
    2. Indication of what apps will close
    3. Indication if a restart is expected
    4. Customization of notification text (i.e. ability for administrator to specify exact wording)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dynamic button change based on selection for when changes are applied in 'Required software changesā€¦' dialog

To verify for the user that the option they have chosen for when changes will be applied to their system ('Right now (recommended)', 'Outside my business hours', or 'Snooze and remind me:'), customization of the confirmation button would be ideal, for example:
    ā€¢ If 'Right now (recommended)' is selected, the button text would read 'Install'
    ā€¢ If 'Outside my business hours' is selected, the button text would read 'After Hours'
    ā€¢ If ''Snooze and remind me:' is selected, the button text would read 'Snooze'
    ā€¢ If 'Restart my computer automatically if selected, the button color changes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Extend information options on error dialog

It would be nice to have a button for extra information which shows a list of all the steps in a T.S with a Green tick for success, yellow for skipped, Orange for failed but continued, and Red for failed and ended the TS, along with exit codes.
    Having the option to export logs automatically to either a network drive or USB key would make troubleshooting remote deployments so much easier.

Similar to https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/13880781-task-sequence-error-dialog-box-needs-to-show-step,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating system deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Search Criteria to include Architecture

More extensive search criteria for software updates
    Architecture
    OS Build version

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. v_gs_environment AND variablevalue0

SCCM SQL View vGSEnvironment.VariableValue0 is a 255 length nvarchar.

We inventory PATH variables with this. 255 is not long enough to grab the entire value. Can this be increased?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add new column in application with license or non-license info.

Add new tab or option to bring license or non-license information and if the application is license the cost tab required.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow pre-download content for packages/applications being deployed

Allow pre-download content for packages/applications being deployed, this would be useful for large deployments that are also scheduled to run at a later time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow usage of Deployment Tookit to remain cache durind OSD Deployment

On SCCM/MDT integration OSD deployment the MDT Deployment Toolkit its downloaded for gathering information among other tasks, but because of multiple reboots during OSD the deployment toolkit is downloaded multiple times which causes delays during OSD, it will be great if we could download and cache the Deployment Toolkit during the OSD build to be re-use to improve deployment overall time. This way the Task Sequence knows the package is local and there is no need to re-download the files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating system deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide package content download progress in log file

When deploying a software update, the UpdateDeployment log gives you a regular progress update on the content deployment to the client, using the PercentComplete value. Please can we have something similar for monitoring progress when a client is downloading content for a package or application.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base