Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switch to let SCCM install applications in OSD via admin account instead of trusted user

SCCM is great for deploying OS's, and MDT is great for customizing those images. I'm asking for a switch that allows SCCM to act like MDT when it comes to installing and customizing a reference image.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
    Noted  ·  sangeev responded

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

2. Duplicate Windows Update for Business policies

It would be useful to be able to copy or duplicate WUfB policies within the ConfigMgr console. Generally, most organisations would have more than one policy and often they would be the same but with a different deferral value. A straight duplicate would save having to go through the options again and risk making a mistake.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. content distribution settings groups

Like many things in SCCM you can create groups/collections to manage settings for several objects at once.

It would be useful to be able to create 'content distribution settings groups' that would allow you to specify the distribution settings for a group of applications.

For example, being able to group together applications/packages that run in a task sequence and using the group to set distribution settings to 'High' to ensure content is distributed quicker.

Or being able to group Update Deployment Packages together.

By default everything could be added to a 'default' group with 'Medium' settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Microsoft Systems Management Server and Clustered Server Environments

The SMS initial design did not include support for any form of clustered server; therefore services such as the SMS_Executive service were not written to handle the failure of a clustered system. For this reason, Microsoft does not support any version of SMS in a cluster server environment.

In SMS versions 1.x, clustered drives caused problems to several services on a site server, many of which were sub-threads of the SMS_Executive service. For this reason, SMS version 1.x was not supported on clustered servers. SMS version 1.x was designed to be able to recover on its own from certain failures.ā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Show Ethernet connection speed before start OSD task sequence

Sometimes the users just don't know their computer is actually connected LAN at 100 Mbps instead of 1Gbps due to network port issue or network cable issue. It will take almost 5 times longer time to complete the OSD task sequence. It just messes up the things. I hope the network connection speed info is visible in WinPE or give user a warning before kicking off the OSD task sequence.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Set Security Scopes for MAM Policy

Application Management Policies can't be scoped by Security Scopes in RBA. There's multiple team that manage MAM policies and we don't want to show all MAM policies to both teams. Having the ability to set security scopes will restrict the chance of major consequences and security issue.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Role Based Access & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Software Center Updates Node - (re)enable sorting

In older versions of SCCM, you could sort on "Status", "Publisher" and "Name" in the Updates node of Software Center.

This was very helpful when installing updates - being able to sort on status in particular ("pending verification", "restart pending", "installing", etc.)

Please bring this functionality back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. WinPE vlan tagging support

winpe vlan tagging support

During the build of physical servers with OSD, WinPE is (obviously) required. WinPE does not currently support VLAN tagging. This requires special switch configuration to assign default/native VLAN. This is not manageable. And with DVR growing, native/default will be going entirely away.

We need the option to do VLAN tagging / Layer 3 from WinPE.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Task Sequence (Windows 10 1903) fails to install application with error "NotifyProgress received: 16 (Application failed to evaluate )"

Existing task sequence which was previously used to deploy Windows 10 version 1809,1803 & 1709, is not failing with version 1903.

Task Sequence fails while trying to install applications, none of the application gets installed. We are getting error "NotifyProgress received: 16 (Application failed to evaluate )".

If I change the install.wim from 1903 to 1809 or any previous version, it works absolutely fine.

Seems like bug with version 1903 only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Run Scripts: Prevent Script feature from sending all (i.e. optional) parameters

What I've noticed when using the new "Scripts" feature is that SCCM runs scripts with a very specific command format/syntax when calling a PowerShell script. Part of that is explicitly specifying every individual script parameter, regardless of whether it is mandatory.

I suppose that normally, this shouldn't be a problem, but besides being unnecessary and against the spirit of optional parameters, I've also been running into what I assume is a bug, where SCCM fails to properly pass all parameters. There seems to be a parameter limit, or more likely, a character limit to the command line SCCM runs onā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the Mac SCCM client boundary aware

Currently the SCCM client on the Mac randomly selects a Management Point. I would like to see the capability where the SCCM client on the Mac selects the Management Point for the Boundary that the Mac is located in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Linux/Unix  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. DEPLOY SOFTWARE UPDATES WIZARD FUNCTION WHEN STARTED TO DOWNLOAD THERE IS NO ABILITY TO STOP

DEPLOY SOFTWARE UPDATES WIZARD FUNCTION WHEN STARTED TO DOWNLOAD THERE IS NO ABILITY TO STOP ..
    IN MY SITUATION I STARTED AND FOUND THAT I STARTED ON ALOT OF UPDATES AND NEED TO EDIT
    BUT I CANT

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide information on syntax errors for WQL queries

If you attempt to write a WQL query that has a syntax error, then try to save it, you get a very vague "syntax error" message from SCCM.

Please provide at least some information on WHY the syntax was flagged.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SDK and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow additional settings on phased deployments.

I would really like to be able to change the settings for a phased deployment. I mostly manage servers and I would love to use phased deployments to push to servers say when I have to push out a new agent. The problem is there isnā€™t the ability to say ignore maintenance window nor can I set the deployment to not be visible in software center.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Restrict restarts to Maintenance windows or outside defined business hours.

Restrict restarts to Maintenance windows or outside defined business hours.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. In app approval for new deployments, let us have templates based on roles in the Org.

In app approval for new deployments, let us have templates based on roles in the Org. like CIO, CEO, CTO etc or AD/Office 365 groups where multiple people can approve where this can be can be reported in Teams etc. This way it will be easier to deploy apps an attach approval.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Devices as Active Directory View / Integrate AD Users & Computers

Given the account had proper permissions, maybe integrate Active Directory Users & Computers into the Devices view? Allow for dragging machines/users around in OUs/Containers from within the console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Update and remove old software references in the canned reports

The canned reports for Asset Intelligence are great, but they are out of date.
    I don't see any updates or references to Windows 10, and I see Windows XP still listed, as well as many out of date, unsupported softwares.

For an upcoming upgrade, a refresh of all those canned reports would be fantastic.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. honnor / discard work hours for client upgrade

Please provide an option to honor or disregard the (maintenance windows) working hours set locally. In some scenarios client does not update to the latest CU level when client only operates in the work hours and is shut down.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Leave Filtering on Collections when you leave the collection.

When you filter a collection (example: Device Online Status), then move off of that collection to look at something else in the console, when you go back to that collection the filter is removed. I would like the filter to stay on the collection until I decide to remove it. That way I don't have to wait for a collection to load just to filter it again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base