Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a repeating schedule for OSD

Allow OSD to be scheduled on a repeating basis to allow for repeated reimaging in lab environments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Wrong OS version when capturing Windows 10 LTSB 1607 (with current patch)

We detected a little bug in the capture process:

When capturing a Windows 10 LTSB 1607 system and creating an OS image with the captured WIM in the ConfigMgr console, a wrong OS Version is reported. The installed OS shows e.g. 14393.2430 (August) or 14393.2485 (September) as OS version, but the captured WIM in both cases 14393.2214. I assume the capture process calculates a "wrong" OS version, producing at least a misleading result. We recognized this with the OS version mentioned above, but this might be a general problem.

It would be interesting to know if this is indeed aā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Group views into folder in SSMS

Group views into folder in SSMS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SDK and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Defer application download until maintenance period

When deploying software to device collections that have a maintenance period the software downloads then waits for the maintenance period to begin installing. It would be great to have the option to defer the downloading process until either the maintenance period or a set amount of time before the maintenance period. This would allow IT departments to defer large software deployments to a time when network traffic is low.

Optionally, provide a new option in the maintenance period settings for when application downloads are allowed to happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Manage updates types in ADR

Add a possibility to easily choose or exclude cumulative / non-cumulative updates in ADR's search text

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve package and task sequence export to include deployment information

We often export packages from QA to production, but the export does not include the deployments. Also, collections are not included so we have to 1. export collections, 2. Export TS or package, 3. Manually recreate the deployments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a "Enable Branchcache" box for the SUP Role.

I was having trouble with BranchCache not deploying any updates. My SUP is on a standalone server and after some light digging I discovered that you have to enable that feature separately. It would be nice if the SUP properties section had "Enable BranchCache" option like the Distribution Point Role.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Make moving steps in the task sequence

For the task sequence steps make it easier to arrange the steps. Constantly have issues moving a step up the the chain steps to the top level group.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. CMTrace Toggle in Software Center

The ability to toggle split pane cmtrace in Software Centre. I like to see whatā€™s going on when Iā€™m patching, the ability to toggle a CMTrace pane showing tabs for the relevant client logs during patching e.g wuhandler.log, updateshandler.log, statemessage.log

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. O365 Delta and Seperated Patch for Security/Non Security

O365 updates should have the capability of having just delta and also non security and security should be separated. This is a big need for the Organisations as Updates frequently get superseded and the size of the patch for O365 is in Gb's while as machines just need some Mb's to update. Moreover if is security then these can be applied monthly and all feature updates six monthly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow for an advanced filter under 'Run only on..' in task sequence

Allow for a WMI filter or alternative in the advanced tab of a task sequence so we can run only on that hardware type. For example I have an OSD task sequence that I need to advertise to unknown however I actually only want to run on Model XYZ. This should be evaluated at the WinPE stage and then drop out of the TS if no match is found. This could equally be used similar to the existing format with a TS advertised in the software center.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  sangeev responded

Thanks for the feedback. We’re looking at moving the functionality of the Check Readiness step to the task sequence properties and this is one of the additions were considering. Please note this is not scheduled work yet.

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

12. SCCM software with approval request

Allow the administrator the ability to change the list of approvers on software that is requires and admin approval. Currently you have to redeploy in order to change who can approve a software deployment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Interactive logon Acceptence Agreement

I would like to have a user acceptance with custom text every time an admin opens up the SCCM Admin Console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Packages that are larger than the Cache size should have a feature to increase the cache size as part of the package and automatically reduc

Application Packages that are larger than the Cache size on the computer should have a feature to increase the cache size as part of the package and automatically reduce the size when the package is installed. E.X. Cache size of the computer is 10240MB, Adobe Creative Cloud is 18000MB packaged in SCCM. SCCM should have an option or the ability to tell the computer cache to increase for this application so that it can install when pushed, then once it is installed reduce it back to the 10240MB size.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Dynamic Deadlines on Deployments

I would love to be able to configure deadlines that are based on how long a device/user has been in the collection. This way, the deployment will be "available" for, say 7 days, and then will become required. This would allow the use of 1 collection and deployment to be used over time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Open Deployments "In New Tab"

It would be nice to see the Deployments Node in the Monitoring Workspace have an option to open a deployment without losing my search results. Maybe something similar to "Open in New Tab" you see in a browser. When I am looking at multiple deployments, I don't like having to go back and forth between the search results and the deployment status I am monitoring. I would like to be able to open multiple and then view after I've selected the ones I want to see.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. SCCM/WSUS missing updates

Sometimes systems will pickup updates, where SCCM/WSUS was not able to. Not a good thing when you have to double check your monthly deployments. Get it fixed. See case#118041918036415.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. user notifications - task sequences

Install behaviour and inplace upgrade task sequences user notifications could benefit with some improvements.

If users don't meet the set criteria, i.e. have the open application or don't meet the upgrade readiness check, the message to the user shows failure and reports as failure. This is not accurate, it should request the user close affected programs and if it doesn't meet the requirements for upgrade i.e. low disk space, not enough memory, it should display a user friendly message explaining the issue to the customer. A new category, failed readiness check should record this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disable Delta Content in the Task Sequence

Disable ā€œAllow clients to download delta content when availableā€ during the OSD, this is not working and breaks software updates.

If activated Software updates stuck on 0%.

Maybe is anyway a good idea to turn of all these caching options during OSD (P2P, DO, BranchCache).

_See closed Premier Case: #:19378176

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. edit custom requirements

Once you create a custom requirement, you can then not edit the custom requirement under the Create Deployment Wizard type. We should have an edit button to edit the custom requirement you created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base