Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deploy multiple selected Software Update Groups at once.

When multiple Software Update Groups are selected we cannot deploy them at once to a new collection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Client Uninstall in console

I'd like client uninstall option by right click. Which will be helpful to remove unwanted machines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. "select all"

With 1606 we can multi-select updates thankfully however on newly imaged machines there may be 80 or more updates to select.
    It would be really nice to have the ability to Select All security updates with one click.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Create the abilty to WOL individual or multiple selections and selected device collections.

WOL should be a basic function in SCCM. You should have the ability to select a single device as well as multiple devices or collections to Wake a system to perform some task like software installation, image deployment, or even establishing a remote session. We are currently evaluating SCCM 1806 and find it discouraging that WOL abilities are not there. Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Power Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Pass Return Code Across Dependent Applications

When installing an Application with dependencies, the ability to capture the dependent Apps return code and then perform a set of actions (run a custom script, additional child dependency, etc.) or have a series of extra settings that can be configured (wait until reboot/logon/additional action complete), would be very helpful.

For example: AppA has a dependency that will require a reboot but it must be initiated by the user. The ability for the primary App to get that return code and then "Hold until reboot" would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ALL reg key types as options in Task Sequence conditions

In the conditions for Task Sequence steps, the only reg key type you can use the 'exists' or 'not exists' options for is REG_SZ. I would like to see the others REG_MULTI_SZ, REG_EXPAND_SZ, REG_DWORD, REG_QWORD, REG_BINARY. Similarly, when you choose 'equals' or any of the other operators, the only options are REG_SZ, REG_EXPAND_SZ, and REG_DWORD. The other options should be available there as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. CMCH should be included

I really canā€™t understand why CMCH isnā€™t bundled with SCCM... does microsoft give us some other proper solutions to remediate client health? https://secureinfra.blog/2019/01/17/system-center-configuration-manager-client-health-toolset-to-identify-and-remediate-client-issues/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. If we can have a tab for each computer in which we can write comments, for example, which person that computer belongs to etc.

If we can have a tab for each computer in which we can write comments, for example, which person that computer belongs to etc.
    Or when it was last updated, application deployed, installation of

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Push client

To add the possibility to select a specific "Client push installation account" from a list in the client push wizzard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Desired Configuration - Remediation Client Log

Currently, there is no client logging when a Configuration Item is remediated. This is all that there is:

1) An entry in CIAgent.log:
    "Invocation succeeded for policy platform job <GUID>"

2) 2 entries in %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Policy Platform\PolicyPlatformClient.log:
    "Starting job [<GUID>] with the following parameters"
    "Mode = Remediate, JobPriority = Foreground, PrincipalId = [SYSTEM], ScopeFilters = # filter[s]"

The other other place that there's evidence of remediation are in the Baseline reports on the client and the SSRS reports on the server.

None of these locations show any detail about when _individual_ configuration items were remediated. I recently had to troubleshootā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Management Point Health Alert

When adding an MP, the box "Generate alert when MP is not health" is never checked by default. Should be checked by default, and why is this even an option? I don't see a scenario where an Admin wouldn't want to know the MP isn't health.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. deployment under software update groups

I wish the deployments under Software Groups would show percent compliance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Should be able to see who last replicated a package

I would like an easy way to see who last replicated a package in the console in the drop down list options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Change the sort view behaviour

When sorting any area alphabetically (or using any other criteria), the view automatically jumps to the top (or bottom). This defeats the purpose of reversing a sort. For example, if I have 2000 objects in the view, and the object I am looking for starts with a "U", it makes sense to reverse the name sort to reverse-alphabetical, however, when I do that it dumps me at the bottom, meaning now I have to scroll *up* through 1800 objects instead of down. Please change this so that when a sort order is called for, the view stays in the sameā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like to have color letter in the name of the softwave package.

So I won't get confused with many packages name that I created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to check if application is running before installing

Same as we have with the application deployment toolkit in powershell.

It will be grate to have a check if application is running before installing.

For ex: We want to update application A.0 . If the application is running user will be asked to close it before installing update A.1 or if not open it will install the update silenty. If the user try to open the application A.0 during the upgrade a pop-up notification will said that the application cannot be open while SCCM is upgrading it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. More robust control of system restart

Now we have only two parameters for Restart behavior: time to show the first warning and time to show the 'always on top' notification. It would be better if we can configure some user-controllable options. E.g. possibility to postpone a reboot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to disable alerts on 3rd party products like TrueSight Operations Management

The ability to disable MOM/SCOM alerting during deployments is nice but having the ability to disable alerting on 3rd party products (like TrueSight Operations Management) would be extremely helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SDK and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base