Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include sw packages installed for client in sccm database

Include sw packages installed for any client in the database to make collections with specific sw installed or not installed, I think may be very usefull to know the status of a deployment in two or more phases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Distribution point configuration status - reset alerts

When looking at the status of my DPs in Distribution point configuration status there is a yellow alert that won't go away due to some error that occurred during dp migration, there is no package ID associated with it so I am unable to use any sql tricks or tools to make it go away. I suggest making an option via gui to "clear alerts" like I can do via Site status. please add this feature

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Folder Redirection Improvements to Permit OneDrive

Currently the folder redirection feature in SCCM doesn't take an environmental variable as a good path; it requires \SERVER\SHARE.

With OneDrive being common place in Office 365, please allow us to enter a command such as:

%userprofile%<SyncFolder>

where Sync folder is the name of your organization's onedrive folder.

as documented by the Office team.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/redirect-known-folders-to-onedrive-for-business-e1b3963c-7c6c-4694-9f2f-fb8005d9ef12

So that we can use SCCM to manage this.

Thanks! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Quick & Easy way to find all collections with server group setting enabled

In my environment somehow one of our collections had the checkbox for "All devices are part of the same server group" checked (this may be a bug altogether). It was on a workstation collection which prevented those machines from getting updates due to a "Wait on Lock" status. I had to manually click through the collections to find which collection had this setting enabled to clear the lock. It would be helpful to have a quick way to query all collections that have this setting enabled, just in case the admin doesn't know which collection had it enabled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Publishing 3rd Party updates on SUG

Currently we can publish third party updates from "All Software Updates" before adding them to a SUG. It would be great if we get a feature which will allow is to publish selected 3rd party updates in SUG on a whole and not individual or multiple selections.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. SMS_SITE_SYSTEM_STATUS_SUMMARIZER

It would be nice if there would be an entry when the SMSSITESYSTEMSTATUSSUMMARIZER with the Reason why the Component Status changed?

For Example 'Component X changed to Warning because of reaching the defined Information Threshold'

The masterpiece would be to generate an Alert for this Events

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Devices compliance status

Software Updates Dashboard - Devices Compliance Status: When adjusting Compliance Status Filters, save the chosen settings.
    Preferrably save the settings per user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Report to include memory under 4GB in a specific model

In this section of SCCM: \Monitoring\Overview\Reporting\Reports\Hardware - Memory, it would be great to be able to see all computers that have less than 4GB of RAM, based on model. For example, I want to know how many of the Dell 3440s have 2GB so I can order more RAM for them.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. available time

In the console we used to be able see what the available time and deadline time was when adding a deployment to ADR's. Since updating some hotfixes with 1706 we no longer see this option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Real Time Monitor for Deployment or Any Task

Hello,

we need Real-time Monitoring for any task for example

When you deployed Software update it is not showing real-time process

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to see some kind of exception tab for Software installs based on user device or user device affinity.

I would like to a have an exception tab so I can put certain users or certain devices in this tab. This tab would be available after creating an application in the console and can be accessed from properties of the application the software library. This allows for those user or devices in which we have certain rollout of software or application that could be rolled out to most devices of a company but not install for something like a manufacturing device that needs to stay on an older version of software or not have the software installed at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Support Powershell as an application type for Application Deployment Types

Please consider adding deployment type of 'Powershell Script' for application deployments.

SCCM has the ability to adjust the Powershell Execution Policy for it's scripts only. This allows powershell to be used for things like detection methods.

However, if you want to actually install something using powershell there is no mechanism to allow this to happen. The only type of installation that you can used to run powershell is 'Script'. Since this isn't known to SCCm as powershell, it does not obey the client configured Execution Policy.

This causes problem when attempting to deploy applications like the new Edge based onā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. In-Depth Information needed on Changes witin Reporting done by any CU

No information is provided whether and what has changed within the reporting. I am particularly interested in very technical information, like stored procedures or changes that include the RBA model. Some of the changes might affect individually created reports, if they use the same methodology like the MS reports. Proactively apply those changes would suit me much better than waiting for an incident to be reported on a specific report -> detailed technical information on changes should be provided with each update (sp, used fn, ...)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. SCCM Maintenance mode

SCCM would benefit to have a setting to put the SCCM infrastructure into a "maintenance mode" to avoid needless errors being reported.

For example, when OS patching of Infrastructure servers occurs, we get errors such as (among others):

Message ID 515 - Could not connect to registry hive HKEYLOCALMACHINE\Software\Microsoft\SMS on computer XXXX

Message ID 1037 - Site Component Manager could not access site system "\xxxxxx"

Message ID 600 - Failed to get a SQL Server connection. Either the SQL Server is not running, or all connections have been used.

etc.

I would like to see an time likeā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Windows 10 Servicing Page on

Please add Windows 10 1809 to the OS pie chart on the SCCM Windows 10 Servicing section. Right now it is appearing as "Other" even in the SCCM 1810 console which should be latest and greatest.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Software Center sometimes looks for old application revisions

Sometimes when updating applications I notice that Software Center will still look for an old revision of the application. Application is deployed to a user collection, and even after running the user action in the client on the machine, it still looks for the old revision. If I delete that revision from the console and try to install again, it will just immediately fail because it can't find that revision. I end up having to run all the user actions and wait a few minutes in order to fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate the Desktop Analytics Logs Collector

When you need to troubleshoot desktop analytics you can use DesktopAnalyticsLogsCollector.ps1 but then you have collect the log files or have remote access to the clients.

Can you integrate the Desktop Analytics Logs Collector into the Client Diagnostics work being taken as part of TP 1912).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. download wim directly from SCCM console

Allow to download windows wim file from SCCM console. Windows 10 is available from online publicly using media creator tool. So adding this option will make it easier to download in one place

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Change verbiage of alert state

In the ConfigMan alerts pane, resolved alerts should have an alert state of Resolved, rather than Canceled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SCCM 2012 CU 5 - urgent requirements

Requirements:

1.  Collection:

-You are creating a collection with a Query based rule
    -The query statement is about adding 2000+ machines to the collection
    -But in the show Query design window, if we copy the query which is containing 2000+ systems, its unable to accommodate that
    -You are able to add around 1800 systems in CM 2007, in the same way, but not in CM 2012

1.  Program:

-In CM 2007, you create a package
    -Create couple of programs a.Disable b. Enable
    -In Advertisement, you first select the Disable program
    -After your QA team validates it, they will just change the programā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Role Based Access & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base