Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the ? button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adjust ZTIApplication to return error codes during installation

Currently, if an application fails to install due to a typo or error during install, the task sequence just continues on. It would be preferable to at least have an option for the task sequence to fail if an application did not get installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      Noted  ·  sangeev responded

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

• option to create folders and collections within deployment window

Add the option to create folders and collections when within the deployment window or applications, packages or task sequences.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Easier to implement other Custom OSD menus

Easier to implement other Custom OSD menus. I have written a new front end (We deploy offline to classified systems with specific configurations). There is very little information on how to implement your own custom OSD. I built one in PowerShell Studio but have yet to implement. Still trying to figure how to do it. Current GUI is limited.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Different detection methods for install and uninstall

We need to be able to have different detection methods for install and uninstall. For large software we need to know that files x, y & z need to exist, shortcuts in the start menu and uninstall entry in the registry. That will be the install detection. All of this needs to be true. But for uninstall we need to know if any of those are still there. The differens is "and" (for install) and "or" (for uninstall).

Detection should also be possible by a ps1-file in the source folder.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add-CMScriptDeploymentType -AddDetectionClause "OR" functionality

It would be helpful to have the ability to select OR as a Connector Value (which only has 2 states AND, OR) for the AddDetectionClause of Add-CMScriptDeploymentType
            The best example of this is when trying to create a ConfigMgr Client Update application. The client has a different GUID depending on whether it is x86 or x64.

Why am I making a separate application deployment for the client upgrade as opposed to the built in one? The built in one will not use the files local to itself and pull the entire content accross the WAN again. So building an application…

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              started  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Visual for Task Sequence

Can we get a visual indicator for task sequences, displaying the distribution status of all dependencies/applications?

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • SMS Agent Host Startup Type - Client Setting

There should be an option in the Client Settings to select the Startup Type for the SMS Agent Host. It takes a couple minutes for the agent to start by default since it's set to Automatic (Delayed Start).

While I think that this should remain the default, it should be an option in client settings to switch this to a regular Automatic startup type.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Move "ERROR" Flagged Deployments to In-Progress for "Application not detected" after installation.

Move "ERROR" Flagged Deployments to In-Progress for "Application not detected" after installation. Currently, many deployments install as expected but are not detected after installation. Soon after the detection succeeds and subsequently resolves to "Success".

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Ability to customize SoftwareCenter icon size and views

I realize there are already some request for custom icons, but please make the icons smaller or better yet: make the default views customizable.
                    The List view still wastes too much space. Also you should be able to sort by klicking on the row headers.

I am still using the old SW center because it is much easier to view, especially for the updates.
                    Speaking of the updates view, the install all button is good, but when you switch to selecting there is no select all. Which would be very helpful if you just want to skip ONE single update…

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Custom Client Settings Configuration Deployable to a User-Based Collection

At present, there is no option for deploying a custom client settings configuration to a user-based collection. Can you make this available? Afterall, a user-based collection is really a workstation based collection based on the particular users involved. I've needed to set custom restart deferral configs for a particular app deployment that i'd like to target users with, but I don't have this option as a custom client settings config can only target workstation based collections.... whats up with that? :)

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Provide more easily found lists of status codes

Hey Microsoft,
                        Why is it so bloody difficult to find lists of things like, I don't know, Status Codes, Detailed Status or whatever you want to call it. You have all sorts of "codes" listed in different locations but nothing easily located to identify what each of those mean. I shouldn't have to waste a day Googling just to try and find an answer for something like "What is requested status of 105 mean?". It should just be there. COMPLETELY leaving alone having a completely different data header in SQL versus what you display via the console, how's about knocking…

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • I would like not to have to sign in every single day multiple times I would like my thing set per minute I have the same password the same e

Do you think that you can bring it back to the way it was so I don't have to sign in multiple times a day and I keep getting an era I never had to do this before and it's driving me crazy you have my email address you have my phone number and my password I should not have to be signing in every day multiple times

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • report to show which compliance item is non compliant for a compliance baseline

report to show which compliance item is non compliant for a compliance baseline

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • maintenance window and computer restart notification time preventing reboots

It seems that if you set a client notification time in Computer Restart client policy that exceeds the maintenance window on a collection then the devices in that collection will never force a reboot with a user logged on.

It would be nice if it gave the user the notification window but when the maintenance window comes around for the 2nd time and a reboot has not been done then the installation would happen at the start of that maintenance window.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Flowchart : Pre-download content for a task sequence" (client side)

Hi,

If possible, please provide flowchart for this scenario --> Pre-download content for a task sequence" (client side)

(My issue is --> BITS error during TS predownload content, after cleaning bits jobs, predownload will never restart)

Maybe this flowchart will help us ?

Actually in Configmgr 1806

Thank you !

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Switching Connection Type should be easier

As far as I know, the only way to change a clients connection type to "Always Internet", "Always Intranet" or to a switching Connection Type (Currently Intranet/Currently Internet), is by re-installing the client. How nice would it be if we could control this setting without having to re-install the client.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Enable Clipboard functionality in SCCM General Device Properties

Enable Clipboard functionality in SCCM General Device Properties

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allowing the windows installer file to be elsewhere in the sources subdirectory

Actually the MSI is located in the root of the source file then SCCM will be able to detect it only at the root of the source file. But if the msi is Under another directory why not be able to set that localtion?

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • better driver and driver pack updates

Consider this scenario: you have 2 hardware models (eg. Lenovo X1 Yoga and Lenovo X1 Carbon); you download the SCCM driver pack for both models and import them into SCCM.
                                        When you import a driver pack you add a category to identify the model that belongs to.
                                        After you complete the import process for both driver packs you recognize that some drivers are in use by both models.
                                        So at the end you will have:
                                        - drivers used by model A only
                                        - drivers used by model B only
                                        - drivers used by both model A and B

The main…

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • See software update download date in Console

is it possible to see the Software update download date in console?

i mean when a KB is revisited or bug fixed but keep the same name it's good to know if i donwloaded the previous version or the revisited one.

then i can see if i need to redownload the kb or not

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base