Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SCCM Reports: Add capability to search for compliance by IAVM

Request SCCM enhancement to search for compliance by IAVM# (IAVA, IAVB) for either Enterprise-level or individual site under SCCM reports. A single IAVM may have several KB #'s (ex: MS patches) or there are very limited search capabilities for most 3rd party applications. Capability to capability to search SCCM reports by IAVM# will reduce amount of time in searching/compiling compliance metrics and will allow for quicker reporting of overall compliance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Phased deployments - Parent/Limiting and Child Collections

When creating a phased deployment, I would like to define a parent collection (for example, “All Win7” workstations) that will serve as a limiting collection for the collections defined on each phase. This would allow me to create collections for each phase (like rings; for example: Canary, Pilot, Production) that could be used across various phased deployments.

That way, if I target a Windows 10 Upgrade TS to my “All Win7” collection, with phases targeting the Canary, Pilot, and Production collections, it would go like this:
    - PCs in the Canary collection that are also in All Win7
    - PCs…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Performance Counters for all Components

Expose Performance Counters for all ConfigMgr Components, and extend beyond the basic performance counter-set on offer today.

This will allow us to implement solutions around monitoring the product in finer detail, as well as provide a rich backdrop for troubleshooting analysis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Application Controling

Ability to create a Rules for allowing Or denying applications to be Run or installed/ Ability to create a List of Approved software's for Usage and Deny the Rest "Same Idea Like App Locker but applied through SCCM"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. IN CMPivot, cached data from DB should still be listed for systems that report failure due to unsupported PS version

Scenario: using CMPivot to query a collection 'All servers' to report on compliance for this months bundled updates, based on KB article ID.

Some systems report an unsupported version of PowerShell and so they don't show up in the results. However, some of these WOULD report as compliant if the cached data from the SCCM DB would be displayed, as is the case for offline systems for which the cached data is displayed in light grey.

I suggest that the PS version be displayed as a warning/failure, yet still to display the cached information if any.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bigger fonts in compliance / remediation scripting window

When writing scripts for compliance/remediation rules, the font size is tiny, with no way to adjust it. This makes finding critical marks such as closed quotes, very difficult. I realize copy and paste is available, but for quick one or two line powershell scripts, I really should be able to see what I am doing-- or at least have an option to resize the font.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Collection removes members after some time specified automatically

Clients stored in a (temporarily) collection by a direct rule remain there until someone takes care if this is still needed. In my case this is done for packages which fix some issues and need to run only once on each defined client. Yes, this can be done by compliance settings or a query but it is easier for support staff picking a client and place it into a collection that fixes something a user is complaining about in a service ticket.
    So the wish is, that the collection clears (not deletes) itself after a specified time.

You may have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Monitoring > Deployments - start typing to find a deployment

Click on a deployment, then start typing to bring you to the deployment you are looking for. When you have hundreds of deployments, it would be nice to type "G" and go to the first deployment that starts with "G".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Co-management get non-compliant information in ConfigMgr console

Co-management: get non-compliant information in ConfigMgr console when using Intune so you do not have to switch between ConfigMgr and Intune. Should be in both places. (Logging, Reporting, Information). Came from SCUGno Oktober Meeting 2018

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Co-Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SMSAdminUI should log the username which launched the console.

SMSAdminUI should log the user name which launched the console.

Currently SMSAdminUI does not log who launches the SCCM console instead reporting
    ------
    [1, PID:4364][03/06/2019 16:49:13] :**************** Console: Trace started ****************
    [4, PID:4364][03/06/2019 16:49:15] :Connecting using the current user's credentials
    ----

If this user does not have permissions in SCCM the following error is returned:
    -----
    [4, PID:4364][03/06/2019 16:49:18] :Transport error; failed to connect, message: 'The user account running the Configuration Manager console has insufficient permissions to read information from the Configuration Manager site database. The account must belong to a security role in Configuration Manager. The account must also…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move the duplicate hardware id's option to a more appropriate location

Hierarchy settings does not seem to be the most appropriate location for this, engineers in the field would be adding dongle MAC addresses quite often.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add User-Groups and Device Groups to Admin Console (Under "Assets and Compliance" - "Overview" )

In the Admin Console at "Assets and Compliance" - "Overview", please add 2 Points: User-Groups and Device-Groups. Remove the User-Group-Resource Type from the "Users".

in our environment, sometimes we have to "delegate" admin-doings trough Device- or Usergroups from Active Directroy.

Tank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. TS Menu

I currently have 3 task sequences. I want to combine all three into one task sequence and present the user with a wizard to ask, which SOE they want to install.

the way around it I have to create a powershell gui script to prompt the user and set the TS variable, then assign that variable to each group in the in task sequence. it gets messy.

I explorerd HTAs, MDT Wizards but these are difficult to adopt and implement in a timely manner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I would like to see more Compliance assisting tools like Nithins SCCM Client Tool incorporated into SCCM.

Nithins tool allows you to turn on server services, fix wmi, run actions and fix issues, uninstall/reinstall client, ping devices, rerun advertisments, on several devices at once. Combines all of the tools you need for Compliance. Would be nice to not have to download other tolls for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SCCM Package Export Features

Need to include the Software Package Export features for transferring package configuration to new site servers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. User centric application deployment with dependencies requiring elevation

If we talk about modern management, we deploy applications to user collections. In that case detection method PowerShell scripts are executed in user context and not System. This behavior is inherited to dependencies, but the dependencies may require elevation.
    E.g., if you want to deploy a Microsoft Store based Linux distribution via CM to users, you need to install the Microsoft Windows Subsystem Linux first. The detection for WSL in PowerShell is “(Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux).State”, but it requires Elevation.
    In you create an appx-based Linux Distribution application with the WSL application as Dependency it fails if it is deployed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Randomization Delay for Policy Retrieval configurable

The configured Policy retrieval interval is delayed by up to 60 minutes which is way too much for some scenarios, e.g. a user waiting for a software to be deployed or an installation of a new ConfigMgr agent on a machine with more than one client settings object deployed to it (leading to either only default settings applied or all of them, no consistent results). There should be an option to switch on/off the randomization or configure the value (preferably a percentage of the configured interval, not a fixed number of minutes).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support wake up clients via wireless networks (WoWLAN)

It would be great if ConfigMgr would support waking up clients which are connected to wireless networks and support wake on WLAN (WoWLAN) (in all scenarios where ConfigMgr todays supports already WoLAN). I heard rumors that this works already today (?) because the same kind of wake up packages are used by WoLAN and WoWLAN (?) but this scenario is at least still documented as unsupported, see

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/deploy/plan/plan-wake-up-clients

I would appreciate a hint if this might work really already today. My customer would love to evaluate/use it today.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Possibility to reduce SMSbackup database size

Is it possible to provide another option to back up SCCM database during SMSBackup so that the database size can be reduced?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base