Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add folder support in Endpoint Protection - Antimalware Policies

We manage desktops and servers in the same SCCM infrastructure but by different teams. When we create antimalware policies, we have resorted to prefixing every entry with either desktop - ... or server - ... This would be great to support a folder structure to keep this clean. We have 45 policies so far and that list will probably swell to 75 or 100. RBA per folder would be a bonus.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. I would be nice if in the Devices view there was an option to display the currently logged on user and the IP of the device

I would be nice if in the Devices view there was an option to display the currently logged on user and the IP of the device so that I would not have to run a query all the time to get that information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Report which updates were installed in Tasksequence easily

Report which updates were installed in Tasksequence easily

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve reliability and performance of Pull Distribution Points

Pull DP's are a great idea, however they are quite error prone and often just stop working. Search in any Configuration Manager forum for Pull DP's and you will see the same thing over and over, which is they often get stuck at "downloading content" and the only way to rectify it is to uninstall/reinstall the pull DP.

As I said, I really like the idea of Pull DP's. But I would like to see the product team spend some more time on them to really get them working as efficiently and effectively as possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Role Based Access & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Software Update Point and last Software Scan Time to Client Activity within Devices on the Summary Tab

On the Client Activity column of a device details on the Summary tab in the console please add two items.

1) Last Software Update Scan / Evaluation
    2) Software Update Point

This provides parity with the already existing Management Point information and last HINV and SINV scan times that are displayed. As a bonus maybe even throw in how many Missing Updates the device needs. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Updates and servicing should honor file replication schedule

With 1702 was a 1gb download, secondary sites over a sat link were congested beyond their transfer windows. It would great if the next distribution used both binary differencing as well as honoring the replication schedule

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. under software updates a custom column to set a flag if update is flawed

nice to have a self-defined column under SoftwareLibary-SoftwareUpdates-all Software Updates to mark for yourself whether an update is flawed or not. for example, set a flag (red, yellow, green)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add "color" (i.e. error level) filtering to cmtrace

I open cmtrace for one reason: to find the red lines. Just thinking about opening a log file and dragging the scroll bar around triggers my carpal tunnel.

Please add a button to quickly toggle between showing "all", "only errors (red)", and "only warnings and errors (yellow and red)".

The logic (however rudimentary it may be) is already there. This is really only a (huge quality of life) GUI/view change.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Windows 10 Build Updates - Use standardized terminology please

Why are the Windows 10 build upgrades under the UPGRADES classification, but called "Feature UPDATES" and listed in the "All Windows 10 UPDATES"?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Community Hub - Documentation - Introduce multiple browser tabs

Can you make the TP's Community Hub > Documentation Panel show browser tabs. It is currently disabled.

We tend to have multiple web pages open within the documentation library.

Bonus points if the currently open page\tabs can be retained between Console sessions for each user, and re-opened when the panel is re-visited.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Install software update step fails during OSD with timeout error when clients connect from slowly bandwidth sites when SUP is remote

Customer has large number of remote sites close to 1000 sites with slow bandwidth, they have local DP's to keep content transfer local and they are also okay with download SUP catalog over the WAN for a regular client .. however same design does not work for OSD process wherein Install software update step fails on all machine form the remote location during OSD with timeout error after 30 minutes as it cannot download 500MB catalog data in the allotted 30 minutes..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. phased deployment

For phased deployment, if any application is updated then phased deployment already created for it to be restarted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Easy copy or transfer of software update files between deployment packages

Sometimes, a software update needs to be copied or moved from one deployment package to another. This is especially useful for keeping deployment packages smaller and more efficient when using Automatic Deployment Rules (ADR). Currently, updates always need to be re-downloaded from the internet or a source location. This is inefficient and can be time consuming as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. bulletin id

In All Software Updates Node > sort by Bulletin ID Look for MS017-010. Only Windows server 2008 updates appear. However this information is not correct. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx this bulletin also applies to Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10. Bulletin IDs should be set for all affected operating systems.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add options to control power management by days of the week

Add options to control power management by days of the week.

For example our organizations peek hours would be between 7am and 5pm M-F, it would be great to put all the PC's in a power saving mode all day Sat. and Sun.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Power Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. filter Surface devices dashboard on specific collections

The new Surface devices dashboard looks great. It will be nice to custom it with specific collections like the office 365 client management dashboard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. MAM (Mobile Application Management) policy for Windows platform

Currently MAM only supports IOS/Android platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Output download status of a specific BITS periodically

My customer is looking for a feature output download staus of a specifice BITS to a text file periodically to monitor status. [bitsadmin /monitor /allusers怍cannot output to a text file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Migrate approval requests between applications

Problem: When an application has "require approval" enabled we get a long list of users or devices where this application is approved for. But when I add a new application and delete the old, I loose all approvals! And the users need to request again.

This is a problem in multiple cases:
    1) Example 1: We have an application in version 1.0.1 that and get a new version 1.0.2 I want to make a new application and test this. When it is tested I want to turn on "superceede" and then remove the old application. The license is still validā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add actions to Alerts

Add the ability to add customized actions to alerts so they can act as triggers instead of mere noisemakers. Emails are great, but automating the remediation would be even better. You can do this with status messages, but not everything in SCCM generates a status message (I'm looking at you SCEP!). I suppose an alternative would be to have alerts generate a status message of their own.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base