Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deployment Types - Installation Program Arguments

Keep the current single box for 'Installation Program' and ' Uninstall Program' under the 'Programs' tab in a deployment type... however allow admins to select 'granular' switches or arguments.

So in this option, the admin would have:
    A 'pre-program install' argument field.
    A 'program' field.
    And a 'post-program install' argument field.

The same for un-installations.

Additionally to this, I imagine the granular options will have a new window.
    This windows should also have a 'explore program' button, which when clicked brings up the potential switches or arguments for EXE / MSI / MSIX / etc. Allowing users to select theā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Collection Expiration

Provide an option to "expire" a collection where it gets removed (or at lease collection evaluations are disabled) on a specified date. This would help with the collection evaluator from becoming overloaded with processing Pilot/Test collections that were "forgotten".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Import/Export Roles and Permissions to Excel in RBA Viewer

The ability to import/export roles and permissions in the RBA Viewer for easier comparison and then apply the roles and permissions to the environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix SMS_Hierarchy_Manager disk space reporting for SQL

SMS_Hierarchy_Manager reports low disk space on a remote SQL server if the data is stored on a mount point.

For example, D: is about 1 GB:

A directory of the D: drive shows:

Directory of D:\
    02/02/2018 09:46 AM <JUNCTION> Data [\??\Volume{711e7557-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\]
    02/05/2018 10:42 AM <DIR> MSSQL
    02/02/2018 09:49 AM <JUNCTION> TEMPDB [\??\Volume{711e74b3-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\]
    02/02/2018 09:49 AM <JUNCTION> TLOGS [\??\Volume{711e74bb-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\]

SCCM 1710 does not recognize that the database folder is actually a much larger (~75 GB) mount point and falsely reports an error condition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Office 365 Updates

I have seen issue in my environment with Office 365 update not applying properly if Office apps are open during installation. The update is shown as successful and restart required in Software Center. After restart original Office 365 build is still installed, next Software Update Deployment Evaluation Cycle, the update is reapplied. Only way around it for me was to close Office Apps

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Make SQL broker port in use detection part of pre-req itself

The setup fails to configure SQL Broker during the setup and it is such a pain to cleanup everything after that. SQL broker port in use detection ( in case we install 2nd site in the hierarchy) should be part of pre-req itself. we manually specify the broker port in setup wizard and thus we should have a pre-req check in before we begin the actual setup process.

Setup fails with below error as we don't do it at the moment.

ConfigMgrSetupWizard Verbose: 1 : Received error [Setup failed to configure SQL Service Broker. Possible Cause: Each Configuration Manager siteā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a security property to control the collection refresh schedule.

A property within security roles needs to be made available to prevent users from making changes to the collection refresh schedule. Also it might be worth having another option to allow changes to be made within set boundaries (e.g. a minimum refresh time, preventing collections being set to every 5 minutes).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Feeding pending updates count back to console

Suggestion:
    It would be great if we could have a pending updates count and added to the device view on the console. this allows monitoring and managing systems with a high number of pending updates.

Benefits:
    This help to create a quick report of pending updates count, of devices with hoch count of pending updates. Helps also for a quick verification of the count before checking health of client agent

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. office display level

Well, not really an idea. I'm on SCCM 1806. I created an Office installation using ODT. When I go to ODT, it is missing an option for Display Level. Not a big deal. I can just go to the xml file, find the display level property and change it from Full to None. Also, there are properties in the xml that don't need to be in there. I think it is more a ODT issue. For example, PinIconsToTaskbar is not required if the value is false. Anyway, I love that the tool is incorporated into SCCM. I think it saveā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Software update scan results available to WQL

Please can you make v_UpdateScanStatus available in WQL, as it would be useful to be able to create collections based on software update scan results.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Deploy OSD from Software Center as Required TS

When pushing OSD from Software Center it works ok if made Available but always fails if pushed as Required. Would like to see Software Center wait until ALL portions of the Policy are downloaded before allowing it to proceed or show in SC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Automate OS Images by integrating the latest Software Updates from the Configuration Manager Console

Rather than manually updating Build & Captured images every month and selecting when it's applied. set up an automated rule that applies Windows updates on a scheduled basis to a windows image that, then updates the distribution point(s) automatically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. would like to see a list of what devices failed OSD in the OSD Deployment Tab

Would like to be able to see a list of devices that have failed PXE boot

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Task Sequence tab within Applications

Within the Application information tabs such as Summary, Deployment Types and Deployments one for Task Sequences would be helpful. This would allow other SCCM Console users easily identify Apps used within Task Sequences.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Include sw packages installed for client in sccm database

Include sw packages installed for any client in the database to make collections with specific sw installed or not installed, I think may be very usefull to know the status of a deployment in two or more phases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Distribution point configuration status - reset alerts

When looking at the status of my DPs in Distribution point configuration status there is a yellow alert that won't go away due to some error that occurred during dp migration, there is no package ID associated with it so I am unable to use any sql tricks or tools to make it go away. I suggest making an option via gui to "clear alerts" like I can do via Site status. please add this feature

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Folder Redirection Improvements to Permit OneDrive

Currently the folder redirection feature in SCCM doesn't take an environmental variable as a good path; it requires \\SERVER\SHARE.

With OneDrive being common place in Office 365, please allow us to enter a command such as:

%userprofile%\<SyncFolder>

where Sync folder is the name of your organization's onedrive folder.

as documented by the Office team.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/redirect-known-folders-to-onedrive-for-business-e1b3963c-7c6c-4694-9f2f-fb8005d9ef12

So that we can use SCCM to manage this.

Thanks! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Quick & Easy way to find all collections with server group setting enabled

In my environment somehow one of our collections had the checkbox for "All devices are part of the same server group" checked (this may be a bug altogether). It was on a workstation collection which prevented those machines from getting updates due to a "Wait on Lock" status. I had to manually click through the collections to find which collection had this setting enabled to clear the lock. It would be helpful to have a quick way to query all collections that have this setting enabled, just in case the admin doesn't know which collection had it enabled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable Publishing 3rd Party updates on SUG

Currently we can publish third party updates from "All Software Updates" before adding them to a SUG. It would be great if we get a feature which will allow is to publish selected 3rd party updates in SUG on a whole and not individual or multiple selections.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base