Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add custom alerts to Software Center installs

We have some software that is rather larger, like the Adobe Suite, and it would be nice to display a message to the user depending on the program they try and install. Some users might try and install the whole suite when they are in a location with poor wireless coverage. If we could create a notification that said "Adobe Creative Suite is a large installer. Please dock your computer before performing this install."

That would be awesome. Another example is some programs (Adobe Acrobat DC) sometimes report as installed correctly, but really failed because PowerPoint is running. The failureā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. make md5 available from the software update view like in wsus

useful for application white-listing having the hash available prior to deployment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. SEARCH FOR "ALREADY INSTALLED" APPLICATION BEFORE CHECK FOR REQUIREMENTS

I have an Application that need so much space, so i set a requirement of 2500 Mb free to start deployment. There can be a situation where the Deployment starts because i have 3000Mb free, AFTER the deployment ends succesfully the residual free space is lower than 2500 Mb. In that case if i monitor the Deploy i see "requirement not met" for this server instead a "Success".. that's wrong!
    SEARCH FOR "ALREADY INSTALLED" APPLICATION MUST BE DONE BEFORE CHECK FOR REQUIREMENTS!!

Ver SCCM 1810

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Send report subscriptions to an MS hosted Sharepoint site

I currently have over 60 reports that I have to copy on a daily basis to 13 different directories (due to their content/category) on a SharePoint site, as the OneDrive sync tool has issues, not to mention that persistent drive mapping to an MS hosted SharePoint site is not consistent, and I have to remap the drive when the site is failed over to a different server for patching, etc.
    Manually copying these files is tedious.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Handling of signed powershell scripts in OSD via Group Policy

Applications that utilize powershell as a detection method require that script to be signed with a code signing certificate. Code signing certificates are often managed through Active Directory Group Policy.

See: Appendix 3 in the Code-Signing Best Practices guide
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn653556%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

The challenge is how to you implement a system during OSD where certificates are managed through GPO.

One could create a package that has certmgr and import the certificates; however, if there are any changes in the certs (revoked, expired, etc.) then there are multiple places to make that change.

In some environments the application developement group has no controlā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
    Noted  ·  sangeev responded

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

6. Allow clients under branch offices to get proxy MP information from assigned secondary site

By default (that am seeing) , clients under branch offices will not get proxy management info unless you add the boundaries of branches into boundary group with mp defined .
    Lets take ex: I have lot of branch offices in location that has secondary site with MP,DP,SUP (a.ak. proxy MP) .So when i create boundary group for these branch office boundaries ,i do not specific the MP info in site system tab ,because i do not want my branch office clients to download the content from sec site which is DP and also MP. In this case ,i have notā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Have the Content Status link for a given application or package jump directly to that package's status

Currently when viewing an Application or Package and selecting the "Content Status" link the console redirects to a list of all content, which an admin user must then navigate to find the package they just came from and finding it, click the "View Status" link for the highlighted content.
    Just skip the middle step and go directly to the specified content's status.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Application Post deployment feature

It would be beneficial to have a Post Installation feature for application deployment .
    For example If Application A and B are required however application B can only be installed after Application A. Understand Dependency can be used to achieve this however in case of inplace upgrade of Office it is advisable to remove the previous versions and then install the new version .
    A post installation feature can be useful for inplace office upgrade with all other products such as addins , Project visio can be post installed. This will considerably reduce the time for support
    Understand the workaroundā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Possibility to add custom wmi classes

Part of the functionality seems to already be in the system, when adding a new Hardware inventory class. The point being the custom class(es) should be replicated to all providers, included in the database, and backed up when running the built-in backup task. This is useful when extending the console and striving for full integration, including the possibility to save settings and configurations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Windows 10 Dashboard - Include Windows 7 devices

As we get closer to the EOL of Winodws 7, it would be cool to have another widget in the Windows 10 servicing dashboard that shows Win10 v Win7 usage and the EOL date. Its a small thing but some additional visibility like that could help kick some orgs in the rear to get going on the upgrade to Win10.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow more complex rules for Automatic Deployment Rules

In our environment we only have x64 workstations and use a specific version of windows 10. But currently when using a title filter you can only create an OR filter

eg. Title -86x OR 1703

I want to be able to do "Title -86x AND 1703"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to seperate the roles for example DP and PXE should be two different roles.

I would love to separate roles instead of having PXE embedded with the DP role they should be separate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Option for deployment type only with uninstall

I would like to see an option to make a deployment type that only holds uninstall command.

My scenario is the need to superseed multiple old versions of an application I don't have the installation files for.
    Luckily the application is always installed with MSI, so I can uninstall with the GUID.
    But today ConfigMgr requires an installation command, so there is a potential risk that someone will deploy an installation.
    An uninstall only DT would be more right, in my opinion.
    I guess an option to disable the install command could be the way to do it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Move Client to new Active Directory Organizational Unit during reinstallation

While migrating our existing clients to windows 10 with a reinstall TS we need to move the Clients to another OU.
    It will be very good for us to get this realised with during the TS with a special function. "Join Domain" will not work to move the existing client to another OU.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve app model logging

Make it easier to troubleshoot application deployment with:
    - Consolidated log file
    - Make logging easier to understand and find the reason for failures.
    For a new SCCM Admin/Tech troubleshooting appdeployment is hard, have to understand the different log files and know which one to read.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integrate Task Sequence Versioning with GIT

For large enterprises such as the one I work in govt Education, it would be very beneficial for integrating version control via GIT. Every time you check in a new version is saved to GIT.

Then you can review changes (could be xml or some other format) in GIT, and potentially revert to an older version if the changes are not approved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. ability for creating costum start menu

please create a possiblity to add applications to group of applications that will be shown in the windows 10 start menu.
    would be great if windows10 start menu could be configured and cleaned by the sccm console. in production environment noboby wants to have a big bling bling start menu. Just the applications that where needed and administrated by the sccm console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Include deployment in windows update for business wizard

When you create a Windows Update for Business policy in the console, I suggest that the deployment settings are included in the same wizard as where you configure your policies. It creates a more natural workflow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. express installation file download in console

need to reduce the download of .psf files for each Cumulative updates of Windows 10 versions, as its consuming more than 30 to 40 GB on a monthly basis. Should have a similar option on console like enable express installation on console (which is similar to enable express installation on clients)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automate creation of Office 365 Application for new versions

Go 1 step further with the new Office Customisation Service shown a Ignite. Currently the service allows admins to create a new application installer for x version of Office. Automate this!

A common annoyance currently is that we have Office 365 packaged as an application in ConfigMgr. This application is apart of a Task Sequence to install Windows 10. At time of creation, the Office application is up to date. However, once the latest version of Office is released, this will result in the machine installing the old version during the TS, and then installing updates post build via whateverā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base