Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Crear colecciones desde Inventoried Sotware

Actualmente para crear una colecciĆ³n que estĆ© relacionada con una aplicaciĆ³n, es necesario crearla desde Device Collections. Si ya estĆ” creada la consulta que permite identificar las aplicaciones, serĆ­a conveniente hacer uso de esas mismas consultas para crear las colecciones simplemente presionando click izquierdo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Rename task sequence when copying it.

I'd like to be able to put in the name of the copy as I make it and not have to go into properties and then rename it. This takes forever considering how slow SCCM often goes. So to save time being able to rename it when I right click and hit Copy would be ideal. Plus having the copy cut off half of my task sequence name with Hex nonesense is annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Add 2 new options for MDT, define and use Deployment toolkit

Add
    MDT Define Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Package
    Use Defined Microsoft Deployment Toolkit

So you can define then just use the defined MDT Toolkit. This would make it easier when you have multiple Use Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Package, in the TS. This way they wouldn't all have to be edited. So after you make a change/update your UDI for whatever reason usually applications upgrades.

This would same a major amount of time also ensure you don't miss one, and less time editing and testing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →

Hi. This reads like something that would be addressed with the ‘Daisy chain task sequences’ https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/8339997-daisy-chain-task-sequences-osd-and-non-osd

With that you can updating a single referenced/child task sequence containing the MDT Package and any ‘parent’ task sequence will get that update too.

Let me know if that matches your ask and I’ll merge your votes with that item.

4. The ability to identify which components have Multicast enabled or disabled when deploying a task sequence to help id multicast issues.

The ability to identify which components have Multicast enabled or disabled when deploying a task sequence to help id multicast issues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When creating a package program, add the checkbox "Allow this program to be installed from the Install Package task sequence",

When you go through the wizard to create a new program for a package, it would be great to have the option to check the box "Allow this program to be installed from the Install Package task sequence without being deployed" in the wizard, rather than having to go back into the package/program properties and check the box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. intune approval routing

We need the ability for application approval routing for intune apps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Terms "pre-production" and "production" might not be best in context of automatic client upgrades

Although we use term "piloting" in the package name, and there are references to term "staging" internally (database) as well, for UI/settings we are using term "pre-production". Althoug same "instance" of SCCM implementation/hierarchy can be used to manage multiple environments (development, QA, pre-production, production etc.) using term "pre-production" within the same instance of SCCM implementation/hierarchy can be confusing since it's technically still the same SCCM environment (whereas "pre-production" implies a different environement). This is especially confusing for customers who have separate/isolated SCCM instances/hierarchies managing their pre-production environments (DEV, QA, etc.).

Therefore, the suggestion is to replace use of term "pre-production"ā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Exclude selected items to Existing Device collection

When we right click the collection, we can see Add selected items option where we can add the collection to existing collection or new collection. Also, we would like to have an option to Exclude the selected collection to existing collections

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. browse registry

Ability to browse registry when adding Registry Conditions in Task Sequence.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More Device Top Level Segragation Options

It would be great to have more top level device segregation options. Currently we create lower level collections based on names for various departments, all other segregations/collection memberships generally require hardware inventories to have been performed before they can be processed. If these are servers or critical systems it may be too late and they are added to inappropriate collection before they are added to the collections to exclude them. It would be good to be able to separate out devices at top level collections by boundary, subnet or IP range. In order for complete segregation, we are looking intoā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. As a Tech, We don't have view permission on sub collection. cannot give only read permission on to the collection

As a Tech, we cannot see collection members as our sys admin block. They said they cannot grant only view permission as SCCM doesn't have that feature. If they give permission, we can add and remove members from the collection. So, every time we need to query the members from whole device list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. I would like to be able to right click on a device and run a ping.

I would be nice to be able to open a device collection, right click on a device and start a ping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Troubleshooting & Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Do not require local admin to run service connection tool to download offline updates

In an offline environment customers use the serviceconnectiontool to download the update bits. When running the service connection tool the administrator has to have local admin rights, even to just download the content using -connect. We should not require customers to run this as an administrator just to download media.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. export list of computers from devices

I would like to be able to go to Devices or open a collection of devices, or even from the queries section. Add whatever information I'm looking for in the "Columns to Fit" area then be able to export exactly what I have on my screen into Excel. It would make reporting so much more simple. For those small requests that managers give you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Add additional OOBE options to the Apply OS Step

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be very useful to be able to customize the OOBE option in the TS through the GUI. Currently you need to create an xml file for customization with WSIM, which works, and provides a ton of options, but it would be nice to have a generic set of the most common options as checkboxes or something. If someone needs further customization they could use an XML file instead. Part of the problem is that many options are "deprecated" yet they still seem to work?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Client uninstall and reinstall pop-up, add " Never show this msge again"

When I choose to "Install Client" and then choose to "Uninstall Client" add an option to the pop-up prompt about networking traffic that I can select "Never Show This Again". I get this prompt EVER SINGLE TIME I uninstall / reinstall the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Console list exports to Excel spreadsheet

Allow us to export various lists in the console to a formatted Excel spreadsheet (each category would be a column in the spreadsheet). This would be a lot easier than trying to get the info from the reporting server. This would be most useful for applications and packages (management likes to ask for this this every so often). Have an "export all" option that would export every item in the selected list, but also allow us to use shift or control + right click to select individual items and then export only those selected items. Also give the option toā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. When running the "Modify site database configuration" option, do a sql server collation test

When running the "Modify site database configuration" option, do a sql server collation test to the remote SQL servers . We had the case that we overlooked the CP1_CI_AS requirements as the DB admin just configured CI_AS. When not the right Server Collation Instance , just stop the migration

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Why the clusters are added to the console? It is not posible to dont have it on the console?

Why the clusters are added to the console? It is not possible to dont have it on the console?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Delete Applications with a feature to remove from DP's

Delete Applications/Packages with a feature to remove from DP's. This would save so much room.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base