Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. APIs to create SCUP, consumable in SCCM and SCUP tool.

Can you please expose APIs to create .xml, .sdp and .json files that are part of the .cab (SCUP), consumable in SCCM and SCUP tool.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. sccm/wsus

I feel that sccm/wsus requires a lot of improvements:

1 - software update detections should be improve to analyze and detect missing/required updates
    2- software updates installation should be install in sequence not on which deployment reaches first. should be a way to modified the install base on date and time.
    3- a better scheduling for the deployment that will allow the updates to be install during a flexible time and another for the downloading of the patches
    4- bring back the use of restart and update, or shutdown and update, this were very useful

I still feel that theā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Jumping back and forth between UI's in Console is inefective.

Jumping back and forth between UI's in Console is inefective. Memorize some of the few places an admin uses the most and stick those places to the side of the ConfigMgr Console like favorites. Came from SCUGno Oktober Meeting 2018

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Decide if software can be visible in Software Center by model of computer or collection

At our school district we deploy testing software. We want to be able to include collections and exclude collections to what they see visible in software center without modifying the collection or having to create another collection. We set a requirement in the application, but Users still see the software and try to install it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Add ESU update classification

Can you please add an update classification called "ESU" or something like that so that we can filter our ADRs to make updates work properly with ESU? (It seems that if we get a single update that is not allowed for ESU added to our software update group it will make all updates not available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include Simulated Deployments in Software Updates

Just like in Application deployments, it would be helpful to include simulate deployment under the areas of software updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Ability to Uninstall KBs

With all the Microsoft Update issues over the past year or so it would be useful to have the built-in ability to push an uninstall of a KB from the SCCM console.

WSUS services already have this ability by declining an update and approving it for removal. No such functionality exists inside the SCCM console.

Simply waiting for a future update that may correct a bad KB is not viable for many enterprises.

Neither is instructing users on how to uninstall KBs on their own from Control Panel as all of our users do not have sufficient permissions to doā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Wake On LAN for re-occuring deployments

Here I think the title pretty much speaks for itself.
    I set my OS upgrades within a maintenance windows at night (9pm - 5am) but I am always faced with the problem of having some clients turned off and not being able to update.

It would be ideal if the Wake On LAN tool already in place could be used to more extent than just waking up computers when the deadline is reached in a deployment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Problem with verifying connection in Join Domain step

I'm seeing an issue with verifying the account used for joining the domain in a task sequence. Despite choosing a domain and OU, when I click verify it is defaulting to Users > Contoso

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to Pick Collection in "Add Criteria" list under All Software Updates

Is it possible to allow pick collection in "Add Criteria" list under All Software Updates? This will allow us to quickly filter only required updates for systems in particular collection and quickly create Software Update Group.
    Just like report "Compliance 4 - Updates by vendor month year" which allows us to pick collection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Custom columns for devices and ability to remove unused choices to avoid unnessesary scrolling

I often find myself having to create reports instead of filtering and sorting devices when I have to find ie old os build in specific OU.
    So why not make available custom columns! If not possible I need OU information to sort and filter by!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add "Last Distribution Point" to Asset Columns

Add "Last Distribution Point" to the options for columns in the Assets list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Show update size in the console

Make it possible to see update size in the console appropriate field which is always empty as of now. The only one way to see update size is by clicking out each update and checking "Content Information" tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Telemetry or Management Insights which USMT store roaming client is going to use

I would like to se some telemetry / insights where client is going to push its USMT data before deployment starts. Need to know if disk space is sufficient on USMT stores.

As clients roam the network, I cannot predict where yesterday's clients are going to push their USMT data today when deployment starts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Software Updates showing up as double

Is there a fix on the way for updates that show up double?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. GUI for result of Maintenance Tasks on SCCM 2012

GUI for result of Maintenance Tasks on SCCM 2012 will be a great feature to have . For example....a GUI that shows the complete week....and..on green color..when the task completed succesfully...and how many time it took.
    If you have multyple sites , that you can see all the Primary Sites Maintenance tasks..represented using the CAS time as reference.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to create custom alerts

I would like to have the ability to create custom alerts or have more canned alerts to configure in Configuration Manager CB. Having the ability to be alerted in the event there is an unauthorized deployment would be nice. Also site security alerts if there is an attempt to access higher rights within Configuration Manager CB.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. How about change log? To easily see when/who made any changes in SCCM.

We need an easily to view change log, to monitor who and when items were changes in SCCM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automate Contentcleanup for Distributionpoints

Some sort of task or possibility to be able to automate the Cleanup-utility(ContentLibraryCleanup.exe) would be greatly appreciated. One of my costumers has nearly 200 DP's and the majority of those had invalid content that stretched to 200GB. Now we've been able to manually run the command towards every single DP and removed alot of invalid content. It would be nice to have some builtin possibility of this in SCCM instead of creating scheduled tasks or similar to solve this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base