Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to seperate the roles for example DP and PXE should be two different roles.

I would love to separate roles instead of having PXE embedded with the DP role they should be separate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Option for deployment type only with uninstall

I would like to see an option to make a deployment type that only holds uninstall command.

My scenario is the need to superseed multiple old versions of an application I don't have the installation files for.
    Luckily the application is always installed with MSI, so I can uninstall with the GUID.
    But today ConfigMgr requires an installation command, so there is a potential risk that someone will deploy an installation.
    An uninstall only DT would be more right, in my opinion.
    I guess an option to disable the install command could be the way to do it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Move Client to new Active Directory Organizational Unit during reinstallation

While migrating our existing clients to windows 10 with a reinstall TS we need to move the Clients to another OU.
    It will be very good for us to get this realised with during the TS with a special function. "Join Domain" will not work to move the existing client to another OU.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve app model logging

Make it easier to troubleshoot application deployment with:
    - Consolidated log file
    - Make logging easier to understand and find the reason for failures.
    For a new SCCM Admin/Tech troubleshooting appdeployment is hard, have to understand the different log files and know which one to read.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate Task Sequence Versioning with GIT

For large enterprises such as the one I work in govt Education, it would be very beneficial for integrating version control via GIT. Every time you check in a new version is saved to GIT.

Then you can review changes (could be xml or some other format) in GIT, and potentially revert to an older version if the changes are not approved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. ability for creating costum start menu

please create a possiblity to add applications to group of applications that will be shown in the windows 10 start menu.
    would be great if windows10 start menu could be configured and cleaned by the sccm console. in production environment noboby wants to have a big bling bling start menu. Just the applications that where needed and administrated by the sccm console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Include deployment in windows update for business wizard

When you create a Windows Update for Business policy in the console, I suggest that the deployment settings are included in the same wizard as where you configure your policies. It creates a more natural workflow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. express installation file download in console

need to reduce the download of .psf files for each Cumulative updates of Windows 10 versions, as its consuming more than 30 to 40 GB on a monthly basis. Should have a similar option on console like enable express installation on console (which is similar to enable express installation on clients)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Automate creation of Office 365 Application for new versions

Go 1 step further with the new Office Customisation Service shown a Ignite. Currently the service allows admins to create a new application installer for x version of Office. Automate this!

A common annoyance currently is that we have Office 365 packaged as an application in ConfigMgr. This application is apart of a Task Sequence to install Windows 10. At time of creation, the Office application is up to date. However, once the latest version of Office is released, this will result in the machine installing the old version during the TS, and then installing updates post build via whateverā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Deployments should default to the safer option of "Available" instead of "Required"

Where available (Package, Application, Updates, or Task Sequence), deployment should default to the safer option of "Available" vs. "Required."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Windows Update Agent Version

Would it be possible to have a visual queue in the Software Updates console a hint of which KBs are delivering which Windows Update Agent?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Software Center

Ability to sort applications in Software Center not from the "Sort by:" pull down, but rather by clicking on the Heading of the section you want to sort. This would be more in line with how Excel tables allow you to sort by field by clicking on the column header.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Right Click\Client Notification has a "Restart" option. I think this should be more labeled with a more specific term like "Reboot"

The term "Restart" is kind of vague. Could mean "restart the SMS service". If it reboots the server that is what it should say: "REBOOT" or "Restart computer\server"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hide available deployments in Software Center

Hide available deployments in Software Center. Came from SCUGno Oktober Meeting 2018.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix drag and drop for moving nested folders in a Task Sequence

Specifically moving a nested folder up to the root level. If you use drag and drop, it's hit and miss as to whether the Folder ends up at the root level or nested in some other nearby folder.

The move up/down buttons work around the problem, but if you are moving it up past 20 other TS steps, it's not ideal.

The black line that indicates where you're dragging it has a small arrow head on the end. Maybe change that to a different indicator that would show whether it's dropping it at the root vs. into another folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bind Compliance Settings to A Boundary Group

Now that CM caches boundary groups it would be good to be able to define some compliance settings / policy settings against a boundary group and to be able to apply these just as the cached boundary group data is updated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow users to see all ADR properties

It would be nice to be able to see and change all properties of an ADR after it is created, such as deadline times, availability times, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enhance Filter options for Automatic Deployment Rules

The Wizard for creating automatic deployment rules is nice for people who prefer easy-to-use wizards but some of us power administrators need more options. I would like to have the opportunity to define a SQL query by myself, that gives me exactly the updates I need. The rule engine translates the filters to Sql queries. Therefore I guess it would be easy for you to implement a Text field for custom queries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display Computers in a collection using the FQDN ( Resource Names) , currently only displays NetBIOS names.

In the SCCM Console, computers in a collections only display netBIOS name, would be helpful if we could add a column to display the computers FQDN. Our SCCM manages multiple domains and this would help when search and adding specific computers to a deployment collection

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable copy paste features from software center.

Would like to be able to use copy paste features in the software center.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base