Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

If you believe you have found a product bug, please use Feedback Hub. For more details, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It's not possible add the options to include and create folder under the boudary section?

To manage the boudary and boudary Group and give a categorization could be great have the option to add and create folder tha contain boudary under the boudary section on the console

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Need details pane for Intune Subscription information

It would be nice to have a 'details' pane when selecting a subscription, to maybe even show a little bit of status (like last time synchronized, number of devices enrolled, etc.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • AD Organizational Unit Column in Console

Add the Active Directory OU as a column option in the console. Really, any info that shows in the properties of a device should be an option to add as a column.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add predefined action (to task sequence or application/package) to copy files/folders to user workstation (as user OR as system)

Often whole software config is a single file. It is a pain to keep creating batch files for a simple copy action

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Create custom TS Variables with values depending on return code

While running a task sequence I would like to see the option to create a custom Task Sequence Variable and it's value depending on a return code from a running step (cmdline, PowerShell script, Application, Package). This variable can be used later on in the TS to run or skip specific steps.
            Think about additional reboot steps if a BIOS flash is performed (if no flash is performed you don't want a reboot). Currently I need to create and run a powershell script to make this happen.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Client Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Reword Dialog "Software changes must be applied to your computer after..."

"Software changes must be applied to your computer after xx/xx/xxxx"

The wording here is kind of awkward in this dialog box. Saying that the updates "must be applied after" hints that the user might have to apply these updates manually after the deadline. I've had calls from users wondering if we want them to do something after the deadline. I think the dialog's intention would be clearer if it said something like:

"Software changes will automatically be applied to your computer after XX/XX/XXXX at XX:XX AM/PM"

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Clean infected items from offline files cache correctly

When using offline files if an item is detected within the cache it gets removes by SCEP using the system account. Offline files sees the file removed from the cache but not by the user so it just downloads it again from the file server. This repeats indefinitely and is only resolved if the file is touched by the user rather than system.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Add TPM and SecureBoot task sequence variables

Please give us task sequence variables for the following because WMI can be unreliable or sometimes can't be used. These would be nice to have in order to create conditions for performing actions such as enabling/disabling TPM and SecureBoot.

TPM enabled/disabled
                  TPM activated/deactivated
                  TPM owned/not owned
                  SecureBoot enabled/disabled

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Why is Microsoft SSL (SSTP) no longer available for Windows 10 VPN profile?

Why is Microsoft SSL (SSTP) no longer available for Windows 10 VPN profile?

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Client Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Treat Deployment Scheduling Software available time like a Collection maintenance window

The Deployment Scheduling "Software available time" is a one-time setting. Any newly imaged workstations built after that time will receive software update packages at any time during the business day. Unlike Collection maintenance windows, which only apply to the execution time for the software packages, there is no way (that I know of) currently to control the time of the download of the packages.

Either/or
                      1) Provide a daily "Software available time" start time
                      2) Tie the software available time to a Collection's maintenance window
                      3) Define a maintenance window for "Software available for downloading".

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Remote Control Viewer add Remote Actions for Lock, Reboot and Send Key Combinations

The Remote Control Viewer is missing features which are the norm in many other Remote Control solutions.
                        Among them:
                        - Button to Remote Lock the screen of the computer when the supporter is done with work.
                        - Button for a Remote Reboot and wait for the machine.
                        - Ability to configure that Key Combinations like Windows + R are sent to the remote computer instead of being executed locally.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Remote Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Separate Pull Distribution Point Throttling from Agent Throttling

If a Pull Distribution Point is throttled, this affects the remote site system from a client perspective, so its client downloads are throttled as well (even though those downloads may essentially come from itself).

Throttled download jobs, as the system is functioning as a Pull DP, should be separated from throttled download jobs as the system is functioning as a client/agent. I'm not sure how this can be accomplished; it may have something more to do with BITS than something internal to ConfigMgr, but it would be welcome.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Customize remote control request

I want to customize requests for remote control.
                            Now requested user see only login of requesting user.

it will useful to see other information about requestor (such as Department, Full Name and so...)

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Remote Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • VPN-Profiles from sccm should not recreate other VPN-profiles

I recently upgraded to windows 10 1803 and SCCM 1802, not sure if this is an issue with other combinations.

I have a VPN-Profiles deployed and it gets setup as it should. But when an unknown event happens all of my connections are recreated, even connections which i have created myself....

From DcmWmiProvider.log:
                              Deleted MDM_VPNv2_01.ParentID="./Vendor/MSFT/VPNv2",InstanceID="asbsad"
                              Remediated VPNv2 asbsad

The connection above has been setup by myself and it uses the VPN provider FortiClient which i have installed from Microsoft Store.

It would be great if the client did not touch the connections which hasnt been deployed from sccm.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • A report to tell administrators when a new update is available through Updates and Servicing. Our console admins aren't too observant...

A report or email notification to tell administrators when a new update is available through Updates and Servicing. Our console admins aren't too observant...

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Deploy apps with extra registry settings as a post action

In your app, have a tab that says "Tatoo these registry settings in with the install. Install finishes, blam the settings tattoo down.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • about window 10 security

there is problem in windows 10 , the problem is your security . the security problem is " any one can rest your profile without make pin or password " and i have lost my all data from my documents .
                                    and i am the biggest fan of my windows 10 .

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • automatically management client logfile

automatically management client logfile is needed. Other Tools eq logrotate and so on are known but not unrewarding. We have to optimize the disk space, so no big logfiles schould created.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Linux/Unix  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Asset Intelligence - inventoried Software Enhancment

Im trying to use the report "License 15A – Third Party Software Reconciliation Report" to get lisence information and counts but there one issue I'm Facing . generating a report is mainly depending on the Product Name (PN). so i have to provide the same PN on the Excel Sheet for it to count. sometimes the PN contain Different version number or the architecture of the application which will make it the counting inaccurate since I have to add all the PN with version number in the excel sheet. it would be better to be able to compine these under…

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • L2TP VPN - Allow psk to be added

Currently there is no option to add a psk to an L2TP VPN when deploying a VPN Profile from Config Manager VPN Profile Wizard. This would be good to have so that it is a one-stop solution, rather than having to continue using CMAK or (as our client wants to do) forcing a powershell script to work. This missing option is the only thing stopping us using the built in tools.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base