Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Run Scripts: Option to be integrated with Application / Packages deployment

Running Script : option to be integrated with Application / Packages deployment. On going into deployment type or in package program we should have option to use approved scripts from console.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Client Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Run Scripts: Prevent Script feature from sending all (i.e. optional) parameters

What I've noticed when using the new "Scripts" feature is that SCCM runs scripts with a very specific command format/syntax when calling a PowerShell script. Part of that is explicitly specifying every individual script parameter, regardless of whether it is mandatory.

I suppose that normally, this shouldn't be a problem, but besides being unnecessary and against the spirit of optional parameters, I've also been running into what I assume is a bug, where SCCM fails to properly pass all parameters. There seems to be a parameter limit, or more likely, a character limit to the command line SCCM runs onā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Run Scripts: Ability to run unapproved scripts on a test collection

The "run script" feature is fantastic, but somewhat clunky when multiple lower level admins are adding scripts, as they can't be tested before approval.

It would be great if we could designate a "development" collection for running scripts that have not been approved yet.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add extra details in CMG Proxy log (SMS_CLOUD_PROXYCONNECTOR )log

Add extra details in CMG Proxy log (SMSCLOUDPROXYCONNECTOR )log

More details for below errors to clearly point out that Network Split tunnelling or Web proxy is bloacking connection /communication would be helpful

ERROR: Failed to handle response from server. Cound be intermittent network issue. Exception: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

This error is collected from SMSCLOUDPROXYCONNECTOR.log

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to collect client logs via Tenant Attach

It would be great if we could, like we can do in the console, to collect client logs in Mem/Tenant Attach so that helpdesk technicians can do this without using the console

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Client Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a description column in the "Scripts" node in the Software Library

It would be nice to have a "Description" column in the Scripts node in the Software Library. I have multiple scripts in my library and keeping track of them gets tedious without having a readily available description of each script.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Run Scripts: Allow the possibility to limit Run Script execution to one device only

It would be really useful, if not mandatory, that some scripts under "Run Scripts" feature allowed to be executed only on one device at a time, avoiding the possibility to run it under a collection or a selection of multiple devices.
    The reason is, according to my point of view, avoiding the possibility to run scripts that need device-specific parameters.
    For example, runnin a script that renames a device. If by mistake that script were run on a device collection, it would probably end up with all devices with the same name.
    I guess this option (a checkbox maybe) shouldā€¦

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CM Pivot - have autostart use the SMS_Autostartsoftware wmi class

CM pivot appears to just list the registry autostart locations.
    Please use the SMS_autostartsoftwarewmiclass.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Run Script Needs Better Logging on the Server Side

The scripts.log on the client is great, but I have seen where the console never gets results. I've waited 10 minutes and it just sits there showing the green progress bar. The script itself runs in less than 2 seconds. The MPRelayMsgMgr.log and SMSMessageProcessingEngine.log on the server don't show the machine name, and the information they do show is limited. Makes troubleshooting really difficult when the script that needs to run allows you to remote into a machine (remoting is blocked by company policy and a PowerShell script is needed to run in order to enableā€¦

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base