Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SCCM 2012 CU 5 - urgent requirements

Requirements:
    ---------------------

1. Collection:

-You are creating a collection with a Query based rule
    -The query statement is about adding 2000+ machines to the collection
    -But in the show Query design window, if we copy the query which is containing 2000+ systems, its unable to accommodate that
    -You are able to add around 1800 systems in CM 2007, in the same way, but not in CM 2012

2. Program:

-In CM 2007, you create a package
    -Create couple of programs a.Disable b. Enable
    -In Advertisement, you first select the Disable program
    -After your QA team validates it, they will justā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    1 comment  ·  Role Based Access & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Full Discovery without site modification

The only way today to allow user to make a full discover Now (On systems / users / groups) is to add Site ==> Modification right on a security roles.
    But it's too much for us on access to delegate, we don't want theses user can remove a role on a server for example.
    Usage example, Helpdesk will have user who don't find a software, helpdesk will add user in group, but must wait for the auto delta. He can't go to make a new full discover Now for groups (For an example). And explain we have to wait 5ā€¦

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Role Based Access & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to restrict who can create Power Management Policies.

Currently, anybody with the ability to create collections has the ability to create Power Management Policies. I think this should be controlled and only be given to personnel that will be managing this portion of sccm.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Role Based Access & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Role Based Access & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve reliability and performance of Pull Distribution Points

Pull DP's are a great idea, however they are quite error prone and often just stop working. Search in any Configuration Manager forum for Pull DP's and you will see the same thing over and over, which is they often get stuck at "downloading content" and the only way to rectify it is to uninstall/reinstall the pull DP.

As I said, I really like the idea of Pull DP's. But I would like to see the product team spend some more time on them to really get them working as efficiently and effectively as possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Granular Client Notification Permissions

Would it be possible to break out individual permissions for each of the "Client Notifications".

When enabled, if I right-click a device or collection I get the usual selection of options, "Download computer policy", "Collect Hardware Inventory", etc. Those are fine, but the big one that caries a high degree of risk is "Restart"

So rather than have a single option in [Security Role] -> [Collection] -> [Notify Resource]

...the "Notify Resource" is in it's own permission branch and each notification option can be enabled/disabled for that role.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SCCM with multi boot selection, like mdt + wds

Run 3rd party solutions from pxe ex: macrium, live cds ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Align windows 10 upgrade experience between consumer and enterprise

To support Windows 10 version upgrade, home users get one experience with nice looking popup and capabailities to postpone or define when to install. Enterprise user get an old school popup with only the option to run or cancel! User experience need to be aligned for the exact same action.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. updates and servicing

show a progress bar for the download

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. deployment failed status doesn't re-eval after successful install

Deployment Status for certain clients can fail for a number of reasons; after manual install or successful repair, the Deployment Status does not re-evaluate. This makes compliance impossible to report! My compliance % always shows less than 100%, even though I was able to successfully cleanup the machines that failed due to error.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pin Configuration Manager client properties box to taskbar

It would be really nice to be able to pin the properties box to the taskbar to get to it quicker. As it is now in the taskbar, I can only right click and close the window.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base