Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop a Software Updates Synchronization

During a training session I misread a Lab on Software Updates. I ran the Synchronization and proceeded to download 10k+ software updates because I did not choose the specific updates I needed for the lab correctly. I had to continue to another lab while I waited for the Synchronization to complete. This is entirely my fault, but my instructor thought this would be a good idea to see if it would be possible to stop a running synchronization of Software Updates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Software Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Decide if software can be visible in Software Center by model of computer or collection

At our school district we deploy testing software. We want to be able to include collections and exclude collections to what they see visible in software center without modifying the collection or having to create another collection. We set a requirement in the application, but Users still see the software and try to install it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SCCM software with approval request

Allow the administrator the ability to change the list of approvers on software that is requires and admin approval. Currently you have to redeploy in order to change who can approve a software deployment

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Software Center more customisable

Allow addition of Folders and subfolders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Software Center - Receive notification once software is approved

User requests software. Admin approves software. User has no way to know when the new software request has been approved.

It would be nice if there was a Toast Window to display, "You're new software was approved and is now ready for you to install. Click here to install."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Possibility of Software Center Application Catalog updating on Program-Start

It would be very usefull, if the Software Center could be set to automatically trigger actions like Mashine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle, Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle etc. when running it.
    Displaying a loading icon to show Software Center is looking for new Applications would be charming.

It could also be a "refresh application catalog" or "searching for new applications" button somewhere integraded within the Software Center.

This would help a lot to avoid users asking "where is the app, I cant see it..."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Software Center Maintenance TAB

Have a maintenance TAB in Software Center where repeatable tasks can be published and executed without the deployment status features, e.g. where a deployment is run and the status changes to Installed.

An example of a maintenance task could be running SCCM client actions in command line format but presented to the user in a friendly manner, this would make sense as Software Center has become the focus for SCCM.

Another example could be to installed printers again using command line options in a user friendly format. This is very similar to the features that are offered by Mac Selfā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug: Application description text locale changing.

We add two localisationed descriptions to ours apps in software center. And When you click install button localisation suddenly chaging and stay. Seems to be some how connected to default language option of localisation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In software centre add a select all button when using multi-select mode in applications

In software centre add a select all button when using multi-select mode in applications

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support for customization of notification text in 'Required software changesā€¦' dialog

The current 'Required software changesā€¦' dialog only informs the user that 'The change will be applied after <deadline date> at <deadline time>, or you can apply the changes:ā€¦'. It would more empower the user for making a smarter decision when choosing to apply changes 'Right now (recommended)', 'Outside my business hours', or 'Snooze and remind me:' if the following additional information is provided on a per deployment basis:
    1. Estimated install time
    2. Indication of what apps will close
    3. Indication if a restart is expected
    4. Customization of notification text (i.e. ability for administrator to specify exact wording)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dynamic button change based on selection for when changes are applied in 'Required software changesā€¦' dialog

To verify for the user that the option they have chosen for when changes will be applied to their system ('Right now (recommended)', 'Outside my business hours', or 'Snooze and remind me:'), customization of the confirmation button would be ideal, for example:
    ā€¢ If 'Right now (recommended)' is selected, the button text would read 'Install'
    ā€¢ If 'Outside my business hours' is selected, the button text would read 'After Hours'
    ā€¢ If ''Snooze and remind me:' is selected, the button text would read 'Snooze'
    ā€¢ If 'Restart my computer automatically if selected, the button color changes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Search software center via keywords defined in application

Keyword searches work in application catalog but not software center

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to customize the color of the loading bar in software center

When you customize the color scheme for Software center in client settings, it does not change the loading bar directly underneath the logo for software center. Currently the default color is green.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Optional buttons in Softwarecenter

Create optional buttons at Application and Update section in Softwarecenter to run deployed applications or update task in softwarecenter.
    Would be much easier to tell people update the deployed apps or windows updates

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Software Center Command Line Switch Addition for Package Support

Software Center Command Line Switch Addition

It is not currently possible to display a specific package in the same way we can display a specific application in Software Center via command line or URL command with softwarecenter:SoftwareID=

Also an option to specify a search term would be a fantastic additional feature. E.G. Launch Software Center and automatically search for all Adobe products.

This addition would make launching Software Center with a specific application, package or search term seamless if clicking a link in an email, an intranet page or customised shortcuts.

This is what a package command line might lookā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make phased deployment feature "Gradually make the software available over the period of time" available to any deployment.

Make the phased deployment only feature >>
    "Gradually make the software available over the period of time"
    ....a generic sccm feature available to ANY sccm deployment config, as it would be very useful in many rollout situations.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Labeling Software Center Buttons and Fields for Accessibility

Currently, when using a screen reader (like JAWS or NVDA), Software Center is very difficult to use because the fields and controls lack labels. For example, searching for a title in the library, there are two radio buttons for changing views between a list and a grid, but the rest lack indication of their purpose. Example (Using NVDA)

All radio button not checked L - Required radio button checked R -- (Fields should have clear labels or "All" and "required" but currently have underscores in each word. Also, should be contained in a fieldset with a legend of "Type"ā€¦

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Software center says "downloading" for clients on subnets not defined in boundaries

Just like the title says. When clients reside on a subnet not defined in boundaries, the deploy stays in a "downloading" state forever. This is not accurate. The deploy is not downloading. Please raise a meaningful error message that indicates the deploy has failed and to contact your administrator to add a new boundary.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Link texts are not showing up in Software Center.

I read somewhere else that that feature is no longer functional due because Application Catalog was retired. Please update the documentation if this is true.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Windows 10 upgrade task sequence minimized dialog

rather than having the upgrade OS task sequence sit in the middle of the screen while running have an option to make it display as a notification

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base