Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Possibility to reduce SMSbackup database size

Is it possible to provide another option to back up SCCM database during SMSBackup so that the database size can be reduced?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Updates and servicing should honor file replication schedule

With 1702 was a 1gb download, secondary sites over a sat link were congested beyond their transfer windows. It would great if the next distribution used both binary differencing as well as honoring the replication schedule

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SCCM Client, Site settings, Maintenance TASKS Migration

Migration not happening below objects, so any possibility for upcoming new releases ?
    > Custom Client Settings
    > IBCM MP/DP
    > Site Settings
    > Maintenance Tasks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. preserve permissions on cd.latest folder after CM update

After applying an SCCM update via in-console servicing, permissions on the cd.latest folder are not retained. This requires any process/account backing up the cd.latest folder to have read access re-granted after every SCCM update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. maintenance mode automatically when upgrade secondary site

Maintenance Mode feature is cool, but it would be nice when i upgrade or recovery secondary site, that contains DP, he had been on maintenance mode automatically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Management Point Health Alert

When adding an MP, the box "Generate alert when MP is not health" is never checked by default. Should be checked by default, and why is this even an option? I don't see a scenario where an Admin wouldn't want to know the MP isn't health.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Wake on LAN should be possible to trigger from the CAS

It will be a nice thing if the WOL can be done from the CAS based on the site assignment of the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. prerequisite

If prerequisite checker fails with a warning there should be an option to continue with the upgrade anyway.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Upgrade from 1610 to 1702

There seems to be a bug with the pre-req check for the MP upgrade. MSXML6 check fails then the MP fails to install. I had to run ccmclean /client then restart server. Then the MP installed and the 1702 upgrade completed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the restore option easy to implement

Currently the restore process can be done only if the machine has the same name. It would be nice to have an option to restore the Primary site on a machine with a different name and higher operating system. Also provide some added intelligence for the restore process with a check list interface enabling administrators to check if the pre-requisites are met. This would also help in a DR scanario with standby servers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would like to ability to monitor Secondary Site upgrade in the Monitoring workspace

Would like to ability to monitor Secondary Site upgrade in the Monitoring workspace

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Prioritize < mb/gb Content to distribute

When I commission a new DP I send content from the PS where I can't use pull from a nearer DP. This includes many apps and OS images, updates etc. Many apps are easily less that 50 mb (75% of the content) and update packages and OS images are much larger (25%). I know I can prioritise the distribution for each app but often the requirement is for these small apps first so we can make use of our service. Sites tend to test OSD over a longer period and we set Update to go to MS if unavailable.

I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup and Server Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have templates for Windows Server Roles that Site Systems use when deploying

When installing site systems like SUP I want to have specified an template for how Windows Server should be configured like IIS, WSUS Application Pool etc. in addition to installing the WinSrv Roles. This can bed slightly different from customer to customer and would make it easier for them to deploy new Site Systems with a consistency. Stability would go up and troubleshooting would be easier. Thinking about all Site System roles, not only SUP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When upgrading, test for high CPU usage on SQL

Ran into an issue when upgrading from v1606 to v1610 that the SQL failed to run due to high CPU usage (SQL was being ran on a separate box). Was not noticed until after the upgrade had already started. Maybe one of the pre-req checks for upgrading to SCCM is to look at the average CPU usage by SQL to see if that host will complete the upgrade in a timely manner and reduce the risk of failing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Issues after upgrading to 1706

I’ve updates to 1706 in my lab. There are a few things that they don’t work appropriate way.
    1) Log compmon.log said that “Can not get the current execution state for component CONFIGURATIONMANAGERUPDATE since it is not installed or completed installing.”. That is not true.The update process is finished. The console said all tasks were completed.
    2) Configuration Manager Service Manager does not communicate with most of components. I have no idea why because they work

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Non Matching Custom Port DP Sharing/Migration Support

Would like to see the product support moving from a 2012 hierarchy which is using custom ports for client communication and IIS bindings, into a CB hierarchy that is using default ports. My understanding is that both environments need to match exactly from a port perspective and we have over 400 remote DP's that will need to be removed manually from SCCM 2012, reimaged and then redeployed as remote DP in CB all over slow links. We have no internet connectivity options for a cloud DP scenario in these location (like China). This will significantly delay our migration globally to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Upgrading Secondary Site Servers to 1802 failed due to prereqs detection

At a customer I've updated the Primary Site Server to 1802, this went without problems. The customer has 7 sec.sites. From ConfigMgr Console I started the upgrade which failed. In ConfigMgrSetup.log it stated that the SQLSysClrTypes.msi failed to install (see attachment). This prerequisite was already installed on the server. Also the 'Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Management Object’ was already installed. Which eventually gave the same issue.
    I've worked around the issue by removing the MSI Installer registrations of these 2 prereqs in the registry. The upgrade was now able to end successful.
    Somehow the Upgrade sequence doesn't check if these…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Duplicated entry "AND AND" text for Status Filter Rules - Write audit messages

Please fix the text for Status Filter Rules on Write audit messsages to the site database AND AND specify...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Service Connection Point - resume download file

CM Upgrade date is very large file. So, I want to resume download on Service Connection Point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like not to have to sign in every single day multiple times I would like my thing set per minute I have the same password the same e

Do you think that you can bring it back to the way it was so I don't have to sign in multiple times a day and I keep getting an era I never had to do this before and it's driving me crazy you have my email address you have my phone number and my password I should not have to be signing in every day multiple times

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base