Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize remote control request

I want to customize requests for remote control.
    Now requested user see only login of requesting user.

it will useful to see other information about requestor (such as Department, Full Name and so...)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Remote Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to override power button when Remote Control session active

Remote Control allows the person in control to "Lock Remote Keyboard and Mouse". Also need to have an option to "Lock Remote Keyboard, Mouse, Power" button so that the machine can not be turned off during a Remote Control session. Younger kids in K-12 often do this to kick technology personnel out so they can use the computer, even if it's under repair.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Trim the Address Field in CM Remote Control

Please apply a simple string trim to the address field. A lot of copy and pasting goes on leading to an extra space that the tool take literally and refuses to connect. A small, simple thing, but something that can be frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like the ability to send the device I'm remoting into a message

I would like the ability to send the user of the device I'm remoting into a message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to track and remote lock laptops without MSA just Microsoft 365 Business account

I've just had a client leave his Surface Pro 6 on an aircraft. No MSA set up, just a corporate Microsoft 365 Business account with Azure AD P2.
    I was surprised to discover I could not remote lock the device (like I can any mobile), just wipe it. Please add the ability to use "Find my device" and "Remote lock" without needing a MSA. You removed the ability to sync settings on domain joined machines using a MSA, why insist on having one for remote tracking and security!?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remote Control Authorisation Message

Add a feature to send a message to a user which appears in the request to remote control. e.g. connecting to fix your office issue.

lets the end user know why someone is connecting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remote Control Privacy

Give an option to Black Out the screen and lock the keyboard and mouse when in a Remote Control Session. This would be useful for public use/open area/lab Student computers

Novell Zenworks had this same feature years ago. (likely still does)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. remote tools - increase security

remote tools allows the end-user to disconnect the session. the problem with this is if the user that logs on what the IT Admin, the user can disconnect him/her and use their account instead of their own.

this scenario is common on a help desk, so it would be good to know who logged on (remote or local) and when the connection is lost, automatically lock/log off the session.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Remote Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Schedule Wake On Lan

It would be great if we could schedule computers or collections to WOL at specified times. We can schedule shutdowns but not WOL.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base