Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SCCM Discovery Full discovery polling schedule for particular Active Directory Containers

Is it possible to add a customized feature in Discovery in future versions of SCCM? i.e. In the mentioned discovery methods can there be an option to run a full discovery on particular Active Directory Containers

•Active Directory Group Discovery
    •Active Directory System Discovery
    •Active Directory User Discovery

For e.g. I take example for Active Directory Group Discovery, in that i have mentioned the below OUs,if i use "Full discovery polling schedule" then it becomes effective on all below mentioned OUs, so i just need to run this option for an particular OU mentioned in my Active Directory Group Discovery…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Client Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Network Discovery Subnets - Import using CSV

new feature request. It's too late for me, but I'm about to add 200+ subnets with masks to Network discovery. There should be a way to do a bulk import here. (maybe there is, but I haven't been able to find one)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include current IP address in SMS_CollectionMemberClientBaselineStatus

The IP address information that is accessible for queries and reporting is often out-of-date especially with remote and VPN clients. It's more useful to know what an online client's IP address is now rather than what it was at various points in the past.

It would be useful if the current IP address and current subnet (based on subnet mask) was included in SMSCollectionMemberClientBaselineStatus and vCollectionMemberClientBaselineStatus as part of Client Online Status.

This data appears to be available in BGBResStatus, and since that table is already being used in vCollectionMemberClientBaselineStatus, both the IP address and subnet…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Configure Active Directory Discovery Containers

I would like to see some changes in the way containers are processed during discovery.

1) I would like the ability to change the order and/or prioritize which containers are searched first. We have multiple forests, and it would be good to be able to set some to run before others.

2) I would like to be able to establish multiple schedules for AD Discovery so that some containers can be run more frequently than others.

3) I would like to be able to right click on a container and manually run discovery on that container only.
    4) Allow the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To Add "Delta Refresh" in Context Menu against System, Group, User Discovery in SCCM CB

To Add "Delta Discovery" in Context Menu against System, Group, User Discovery in SCCM CB.

Although Delta Discovery is in interval of 5 mintues by default. However if admin doesn't want to wait and immediately hit delta discovery from Console, that option is not present as of now in Configuration Manager CB.

I hope this option in Context Menu against each discovery will help administrators.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SCCM client must read Direct Access "Successful Connection" as criteria when laptop is at home with Direct Access connected

There is issue when SCCM client only considers Direct Access network adapter activeness but it doesn't calculate whether DA connection is successful or not. In case of DA "connecting" scenario where laptop is not at all connected to Corporate Network, SCCM client keep trying to access on-prem SCCM MP and DP servers and failing every time until its get connected or user disconnects from DA so that SCCM client tries to DMZ hosted IBCM MP and DP server for successful communication.

If SCCM client get additional logic to consider Direct Access Successful criteria then there will not be any SCCM…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Start a one time AD (System, Group, User) Discovery from a specified location.

Delta Discovery doesn't pick up the changes when you move OU's and objects around in AD and kicking off a Full System, User or Group Discovery with all of the Container paths is very inefficient so it would be nice if there was a way to do a one-time discovery from a path you set using the browse button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. SCCM 1702

Let us see the discovery timeframes as an optional column under Administration - Discovery Methods. It'll save the admin time drilling into each discovery method to get the frequency etc. which can be very helpful during troubleshooting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Forrest Discovery scanning for IP subnets should be dynamic within SCCM. Defined susbnets that change in AD, do not update and showt this.

Defined susbnets that change in AD, do not update and showt the new data. Description or the exacts of a defined ip range or ip subnet that are changed in AD, do not show up in SCCM. While re-using or moving IP subnets is not a great idea, it does happen and sometimes happen often.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Custom Discovery

Ability to create a custom system discovery. EG for a 2nd domain to speed up discoveries for objects in that area as opposed to running a full scan every time to scan for all systems. Delta updates don't seem up to the job every time and we force it with a full scan which can take a while.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Merge two resources with the same MAC Address

If I import a new computer using its MAC Address but later I install manually the client in the actual computer, two resources with the same name end up in the SCCM Database.
    An option to make the default action merging both resources or just associating the client DDR to the manual import.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Client Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add MAC addresses to Heartbeat Discovery data

We find ourselves trying to go from MAC address to device in the console fairly regularly, especially when troubleshooting things like PXE from the logs (which only shows MAC address) and needing to kill off failed OSD records (which may be named "Unknown" or have a random computer name in ConfigMgr, but you're now in WinPE ready to kick off the TS again).

If the MAC Address information was pulled with Heartbeat discovery, it could easily be used to filter the device list and find the resource .As the information rarely changes, it seems like it would be very low…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Client Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. CB1606 Hardware Inventory - Client Events - Show friendly names

A new class popped up in CB1606 Hardware Inventory called Client Events. It includes an Event Name (GUID) and a count. Please also include a friendly name for the events.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Client Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Last Discovery Time in Console

Under Administration / Hierarchy Configuration / Discovery Methods, please add a column in the table view to show "Last Discovery Cycle" or "Last Discovery Time"?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base