Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Description to Distribution Point Configuration Status Screen

We use the description field to describe where the DP is located in the world, due to our naming convention not containing the location in the asset name . When performing monitoring I'd like to see the description field from the Administration\Distribution Points pane carried through to the Monitoring\Distribution Status\Distribution Point Configuration Status. This would make it easy to see which locations DP has an issue rather then switching to the Administration pane.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include sw packages installed for client in sccm database

Include sw packages installed for any client in the database to make collections with specific sw installed or not installed, I think may be very usefull to know the status of a deployment in two or more phases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dynamic line numbering in Task Sequence

Use dynamic line numbering in task sequence, to better see how far the OSD Deployment is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I get a list of systems with application install errors, I need to be able to copy that list to text.

When I get a list of systems with application install errors, I need to be able to copy the list of computer names to text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SEARCH FOR "ALREADY INSTALLED" APPLICATION BEFORE CHECK FOR REQUIREMENTS

I have an Application that need so much space, so i set a requirement of 2500 Mb free to start deployment. There can be a situation where the Deployment starts because i have 3000Mb free, AFTER the deployment ends succesfully the residual free space is lower than 2500 Mb. In that case if i monitor the Deploy i see "requirement not met" for this server instead a "Success".. that's wrong!
    SEARCH FOR "ALREADY INSTALLED" APPLICATION MUST BE DONE BEFORE CHECK FOR REQUIREMENTS!!

Ver SCCM 1810

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Deployment & Script Monitoring Status "Created By" Column

Provide ability to show who created the deployment or run the script for both deployment and script monitoring nodes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Software Updates deployment status sometimes do not show up on the Deployment Monitoring tab

Software Updates deployment status sometimes do not show up on the Deployment Monitoring tab, Application deployments are visible but not software updates deployments. Seems like a bug.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When you target users with an application that requires approval can that be shown in deployment monitoring as Waiting Approval?

When you target users with an available application that requires approval can that be shown in deployment monitoring as Waiting Approval after users have requested and as Approved once approved?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. EXTRACT DEPLOYMENT STATUS REPORT BY SELECTING MULTIPLE AND EXTRACT, WHY DO I NEED TO DO IT 1 BY 1, AND MOREVER STATUS BY STATUS, SAD :(

EXTRACT DEPLOYMENT STATUS REPORT BY SELECTING MULTIPLE AND EXTRACT, WHY DO I NEED TO DO IT 1 BY 1, AND MOREVER STATUS BY STATUS, SAD :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Monitoring > Deployments - start typing to find a deployment

Click on a deployment, then start typing to bring you to the deployment you are looking for. When you have hundreds of deployments, it would be nice to type "G" and go to the first deployment that starts with "G".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show who created a deployment

A column for the creator of a deployment would be extremely helpful. With 15 admins in my environment, I have no idea who's creating deployments without digging in logs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Output download status of a specific BITS periodically

My customer is looking for a feature output download staus of a specifice BITS to a text file periodically to monitor status. [bitsadmin /monitor /allusers」cannot output to a text file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. duoble click to see assets

before we could double click on status line to see all of the assets, now, xith SCCM 1702 it is no longer possible

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to show "Install Time" in Available deployments monitoring

When looking in Monitoring at the status of a deployment, it would be useful to add a heading of "Install Time" to the Asset Details window to show the time when a user actually installed the deployed app or package. Rather than just Deployment Time that is available now and only shows the time/date you deployed the app which you already know.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enhance temporary nodes when viewing deployments

Opening Monitoring - Deployments, double clicking a software deployment, takes us to the Deployment Status.
    If i open the Error status tab and double click one of the categories, a temporary node is created, containing the affected computers.
    If the temporary node is left open and i go back to the Error status tab and double click another category, i'm brought back to the same temporary node.
    This is due to the node being limited to the status and not the category.

I'd like to have the temporary node reflect the category, not just the status.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Customizable Deployment Alerts

Instead of the threshold for successful deployment(Less than % Success) and Threshold for failed deployment(More Than % Failure).

Add the ability to select from a list of scenarios:
    Success > 99%
    Success < 50%
    Failure > 10%
    InProgress < 0%

I would sometimes like to receive an email when the deployment finished with one of those thresholds that provides the report of Success, InProgress, Failures at a specified time after the deployment or end of maintenance window.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Summary Statistics to Deployment Status View

In the main Deployments tab when you select a deployment, it shows a summary of the Completion Statistics [img1]. When viewing the status of that deployment, the pie chart remains but the statistics of each status can no longer be quickly seen [img2]. One has to go into each status tab to view the numbers. -cheers

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom Tab for Monitoring Deployments

Any chance you guys could make an option to have a custom tab for monitoring deployments? I use the Powershell App Deployment Toolkit and it sends error code 60012 when the user defers the installation, It would be nice if I could create a custom tab for that error code with a custom pie color that lets me know how many users have selected the defer option. Or at least make it so I can label my errors, I have tried using Return Codes but the error name and description is always Unknown Error (60012) inside the console.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Move all the dashboards currently residing in the Software Library into the Monitoring workspace

As stated, it would make sense for the dashboards for Win 10 Servicing, Office 365 and DA to be locate in the monitoring workspace where we monitor things in CM.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base