Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinkingā€¦)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add the ability to pin software deployments to a deployment monitoring workspace

add the ability to pin software deployments to a monitoring station (place) for a quick place to monitor critical deployments

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Rework the Asset Message Pane

Especially when I am testing a Task Sequence Deployment, I like to check the status messages that the SCCM Site receives from the clients.
    Much easier to see steps and associated exit codes than waiting for the build to finish and trawling the log file.

Monitoring>Deployments>(Deployment)>In Progress>(Machine)>More Details> Status

The only problem with it, is that the actual dialog box that pops up has no window controls, so you have to drag the edges to read the info, and more often than not when you hover over the message so you can read it, it closes after a couple ofā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Overview status of all deployments for a single device/user

We have the ability to monitor the Status of a single deployment. It would be very helpful if we can monitor the Status of all deployments of a single device/user.

Clicking the device/user in Monitor-Ribbon it Shows all deployments which are deployed to the item and shows the current Status for each deployment. It would makes Monitoring much easier in Troubleshooting Case when a certain device/user ist effected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Be able to create a device collection from a SUP deployment in Monitoring for non-compliant machines

In monitoring be able to create a device collection from the In-Progress tab for machines that are non-compliant or failed the deployment in order to run the same deployment again, but only for machines that failed or need to be run again for whatever reason (maintenance window expired).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Monitoring -> Deployments - Show last reported date/time

Show last reported status date/time in monitoring.

Having the last reported date/time for the particular status is helpful to know if fixes/changes to a deployment is working (no new errors etc).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. i could able to pull or copy the machine

In Deployment monitoring on the "Asset details" column

i am able to select single pc to see the error details but unable to copy the content from the console its read-only i believe probably you should make some changes
    so, we can live information can be copied in detailed to excel or either live import present data to have it in single sheet as bulk.

so my suggest is :- if we get an option enabled to copy whole should not be read-only the information from the Asset details column
    it may be falls under "Compliant\In-progress\Error\Unknown" column

so, with thisā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Outstanding Windows updates

Show windows updates outstanding with the computername and allow right click and install missing update.

currently its a painful and very time consuming excercise checking to see what update isn't installed, creating a collection, adding computer to collection and deploying update package.. we got over 6000 devices so can imagine the time and effort to manage monthly updates.
    Kaspersky got it right but company doesn't want to pay the licensing cost

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix Software Update/Deployment Compliance Percentages in Reports/Console

When looking at deployment compliance reports for Software Deployments, Software Updates, etc. The Percent Compliant is not accurate.

See the following twitter thread for details: https://twitter.com/dhedges01/status/958818004619247616

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom Error Codes for Chained Programs

Instead of "failing" and stop running on all non-zero return codes, allow acceptable return codes to determine if the install sequence fails or continues. Example, uninstall an MSI to be sure it's not there but if it's not, generates a 1605 return, yet this is really a soft error which we currently have to use a BAT or VB script so we don't get a "failure". It should be up to the engineer to determine what is and is not a "failure". Of course, out of the box any non-zero should continue to be a failure.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More Detailed Deployment status View

For monitoring deployment of OSD , it would be better if the detailed status /dashboard is available in Console with status details of steps in task sequence.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. SCCM report in more detail (Software, OSD Deployment)

Micosoft should display the error report in more detail in the SCCM console "Deployment Monitoring". Today you usually see an error code that can have several meanings. The goal should be to analyze the logfiles directly on the SCCM console, without 3rd party Tools, CMTRACE, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Delay Counts to Deployment Status

Under Deployment Status, you have the basic tabs Success, In Progress, Error, Requirements Not Met, and Unknown. When an application delays installing due to selections in the deployment settings (i.e. "Delay enforcement of this deployment according to user preferences, up to the grace period defined in client settings") these return codes are shown as "Errors" in the deployment. This can throw off numbers in regards to how successful a deployment is. In the cases of a delayed deployment, SCCM hasnā€™t even tried to install the application, so why is that counted as an error? The proposal here is to createā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please, add field "Domain" or "FQDN " in Asset Details in Deployment Status

Hi team,
    Our company has multi domain environment (over 50 domains).
    I want to deploy new application. I create collections for first domain, then for second domain. And last collection consists of computers from 47 domains. When deployment of application failed on last collections i can see in asset details only NETBIOS name of servers. I want to see FQDN name or domain name too there and use group by function.

https://monosnap.com/file/H3mpt3104uUYg8E6MTQsKjObMo0Msx

I know, that i can click on category field and sccm shows. But the action will fail if i don't close before same windows from another deployment orā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Application file detection in user environement

Today, we can deploy an application into an user profile (Ex : %appdata%; but it's not possible to check the file as a detection method.

Unfortunatly SCCM isn't able to find a file into a user environement.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow number criteria to be integer

Currently filtering on 'number errors' expects kind of string value to be filtered on. Better would be equals, not equals, greater than, less than.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Historical State Messages

I love status messages and the new state message system is a step backwards. I have no historical data for troubleshooting purposes. If I create a new revision of an application and deploy it, does it have a higher success rate than a previous revision? No clue.

Also, I don't like that state messages are removed for deleted deployments. I want to know what deployment ran on what machine, regardless of if the deployment still exists or not. How do I know what was installed on one machine if the deployment is removed?

There are a ton of instances whereā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Deployment Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove obsolete/redundant adverts/deployments

Machines are often removed from software deployment collections, either that they were added by mistake in the first place or they have genuinely been removed for a particular reason. I have found that even though a machine has been removed from a collection the advert/deployment for that machine is still kept in the dbo.vSMS_ClientAdvertisementStatus table. In view of this the built in reports are not as accurate as they should be because they are tied in to this table containing obsolete data. Is it possible that when a machine is removed from a collection its corresponding advert for that collectionā€¦

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export Deployment Status

Exporting deployment status can be very useful and appear more presentable then reports in some cases. Having this feature would simplify quick status reporting.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Collect success and failure for deployments using the Cloud Management Gateway and Cloud DP

We have deployed the Cloud management gateway and Cloud Distribution Point into Azure. We cannot collect successful deployment information from these resources in any meaningful way. It would be great to get metrics such as number of successful Windows Update deployments or Software deployments via the cloud or distribution point usage via the cloud. Currently when I add the Outbound Data Transfer column for Cloud DP it is blank which I know is false due to seeing the traffic for our Cloud DP in the Azure logs.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can you put in all the fail safes when creating a deployment to all apps not just for deploying a Task Sequence?

Have the fail safe that are built in to when deploying a Task Sequence come up when setting up any deployment. Such as the check boxes when you are going over 100 targets in a collection that pops up, ect..
    Thx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base