Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scheduled quick scans should run on a laptop using battery power

Scheduled quick scans will not run on a laptop using battery power. Laptops are only plugged in when turned off and stored in charging carts so they NEVER automatically scan. I am trying to manage thousands of laptops in a school system. An option should be available to run the scan even when not plugged in to AC power.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Add DLP

We had to move away from SCEP to a "real" AV product. The main reason was due to the lack of data loss prevention in SCEP. If you added DLP, better reporting, an easy way determine what files had been quarantined and an easy way to restore files I may consider switching back. I just don't feel like SCEP is a full thought out AV solution. Instead it seems to be some afterthought that MS can't figure out what they want to do with. It deserves a dedicated console or at least a dedicated node inside ConfigMgr.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. More details reports OOB and easily dashboard that can be easily customize for SCEP

Our security guys find that the OOB reports are not as details as let say Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. Would love to see out of the box reports. Also, the Collection drop down list on the reports or console in relationship to SCEP does not work well with RBA. I have multiple I.T departments and I set up Collections for each sites for restriction where each site can only see their own collection. When in SCEP, the drop down collection list will show as empty.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. SCEP - support drive wildcards in exclusions

I am currently migrating exclusions from MacAfee where they can use drive exclusions. Because we can put something in c:\programfiles\programname or d:\programfiles\programname I have to exclude all paths that someone may put the application into. In MacAfee they can do **\programname\exclusion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have more than one post a year on the team blog.

One post in 2015.
    2 posts in 2016.
    None in 2017.
    Last post over 12 months ago.
    Not a Blog...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to request for an downloadable link to the latest SCEP Installer

I would like to request for an downloadable link to the latest SCEP Installer. I have a restricted environment that is not managed by config manager. We have SCEP running on over 200k clients, configured by GPO. These machines are deployed using images. To ensure the client is not required to download SCEP+SP1+definition updates, the intent is to pre-load the updated VHD/WIM with the latest version of SCEP, so that the server is not taxed with having to download those updates from WSUS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Defender realtime disable time limit

We're currently able to allow real time protection in Defender to be managed/disabled. It would be really nice if we could set a max time limit where it would re-enable itself if someone has disabled it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make "Manage TPM" in CM MBAM BitLocker HelpDesk Portal truely to manage TPM

With CM 1910 MBAM BitLocker upgrade, MBAM BitLocker Helpdesk portal (BitLocker Administration and Monitoring) is available. "Manage TPM" is list one of available option, however, if you take a close look, it is actually alterative to unlock machine.

It would be nice that "Manage TPM" indeed to have manage TPM actions, select a action and submit to act on the target machine, such as, clear TPM, reset TPM, etc.

The feature can be helpful to force a machine lockout at the next reboot in case there is a need and helpdesk professional can help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SQL Server Reporting - Endpoint Protection

Unhide Endpoint Protection Reports (Default is hidden)
    SQL Server Reporting Services > ConfigMgr_Site > Endpoint Protection (Now click Details view top right, select Endpoint Protection again) There is an Endpoint Protection - Hidden folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Second Scan

During a quick or full scan, the user can not perform a scan (for example, files on a USB drive).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. RDP Or Multiple Users logged In

A user should not be able to reboot n Remote Desktop server. That should require and Administrator.

Administrators should be able to disable the 'restart now' option

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add IP addresses to SCEP Logs

In SCEP logs add the option to show the IP address in addition to the hostname.

This would be beneficial for SIEM tools as you can more easily correlate events between systems as some systems (routers for example) only use IPs and not hostnames

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Clean infected items from offline files cache correctly

When using offline files if an item is detected within the cache it gets removes by SCEP using the system account. Offline files sees the file removed from the cache but not by the user so it just downloads it again from the file server. This repeats indefinitely and is only resolved if the file is touched by the user rather than system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. about window 10 security

there is problem in windows 10 , the problem is your security . the security problem is " any one can rest your profile without make pin or password " and i have lost my all data from my documents .
    and i am the biggest fan of my windows 10 .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shorten Endpoint Protection column titles in results pane

In the SCCM Admin Console it would be nice to have shorter names for the column titles. Specifically the Endpoint Protection Definition columns.

I often setup Endpoint Protection Definition Last Version / Last Update Time/ Last Full Scan End Time

These take up a lot of room and require scrolling. It would be nice to abbreviate Endpoint Protection Definition to EP Def.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Web Fitlering

Have controls where you can block website and pages on all major browsers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Client's rules

Hello, Dear Team, as we can in enterprises we need more control on the client machines. It will convenient if that control can be accessed in single console of the SCCM. As a endpoint protection we need control startup applications, launching applications(blocking or allowing), control of the removal devices, force removal of potentially exploit apps, even traffic analyzer is needed. Sound like a crazy but really needed features.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Put back the last scan and next scheduled scan in the SCEP client

Somehow this disappeared in Windows 10 (Possibly 8 as well) it was there in Windows 7.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unquarantining detected files through SCCM

People who have access to SCCM can perform multiple tasks (i.e. initiate a scan, reboot the host...), but can't unquarantine the detected file for file/malware analysis purposes. Being said, it is good if SCCM has the capability of unquarantining some or all quarantined files, zip them with a password and ships them over to some other location that the SCCM admin defined when setting this feature up. It is also good to allow auto unquarantine functionality (meaning, the process mentioned above automatically after each detection if the SCCM admin wants to)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. security center (WDATP) data in console Like Endpoint Protection status

I like to have the Data from the securitycenter.windows.com (WDATP) with all the new 1709 Defender features back in to the Console, we have the Endpoint Protection status in there, but It would be really nice to have all the exploit data visible in the console in the Monitoring / Security Workspace. also the possibility to Isolate Machines and so on. One Console for anything.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base