Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move all (or selected) deployments from one application to another

It would be nice to have the ability to move all deployments (or selectively chosen ones [CTRL + Click]) from one application to another using a menu accessible by right clicking any of the selected deployments and choosing the new application to move the deployments to and automatically removing the deployments from the original application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Real time Graphical Icon Machine Status & Application Installation

It would be good if we have Graphical Icon status indication of Machines present on SCCM console i.e user login icon on machine which will turns green if a user is login & will display the login user name also , turns grey if machine is shutdown .
    Also we should be able to deploy application on single machine also by drag & drop rather to do this by adding machine in collection & it should show the live status i.e In progress , Failed , Completed on that screen only rather to go to Monitoring tab & check status…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Installation Progress Bar

Application Model doesn't provide native Installation progress bar similar to Task Sequence progress bar so that we don't need to create custom progress bar interface this is will help user have better end user experience

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better application control (like in Novell ZENworks)

Are there plans to add better application control, like in Novell ZENworks? At education customers it's sometimes hard to advise ConfigMgr above off ZENworks because of this. They want to control applications for exams and related stuff. For example: Make available on <date/time> and withdraw on <date/time>. In that scenario they want to publish shortcuts on devices only.

Also an integrated User Environment Management solution would be great! (like Group Policy Preferences)

/Henk

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. List all policy and deployment for single machine

I would like to see all the policies and deployment listed when i search for single machine, I see this in Altiris for example if i search for "pc-abcd" i should be able to tell how many applications are pushed to the machine or user.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pause download software center

you just started to install an app (manual install and not required/deadline) (ie. Visual Studio that is 6GB) and you need that bandwidth for something else (copy files from client to server, etc). it would be interesting to have a pause button that you can resume when that bandwidth is not needed anymore

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Check for running exe and is in Presentation mode

in current Technical Preview is integrated the Check for running exe.
    But as an improvement it will usefully to integrate the Check for Client is in Presenation mode.
    Like the PSapp Deployment Toolkit. with this two things, it will greatly improve the development time of Deployment of Applications.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Under Software Library --> Applications, ability to jump down to an application by typing the first few letters of the application name.

Under Software Library --> Applications, ability to jump down to an application by typing the first few letters of the application name. This can be done in other modules in the Configuration Manager. I'm not sure why it hasn't been implemented in the Applications module. This is much quicker to jump down to the right application instead of using the Search bar or scrolling down.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Decide whether application approvals are user-centric or machine-centric

I thought application requests were a user-centric concept.... whereby a user requests an application from the catalog and then installs it wherever he likes once it has been approved? If so, why are there triggers on the UserMachineRelation table in SQL to delete requests associated with aged UDA records?

I can understand why you might want to delete aged cancelled or denied requests, but why delete requests based on (constantly) changing UDA information? This makes no sense, as long as the user is still active in SCCM.

By indiscriminately deleting requests based on UDA, we often lose request history for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Software Transfer from old computer to new computer

Have a way to copy or move installed applications from old computer to a new computer .

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automate packaging, integrate package management/oneget

It would be nice if you could automate packaging process with selected software. Maybe you could use package management/oneget as source and create example newest Adobe flash package in one command. There could be community based recipes where you could download packaging process.

Autopkg and munki on OS X uses this kind of technique and it have helped me with Basic packages. Https://github.com/autopkg/autopkg

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Application entries in console should be uniquely identified by more than just name

Currently, applications in the admin console are uniquely identified by the Name field only, forcing the use of custom names for each version of an application.

I propose that an application entry should be uniquely identified by multiple fields (Manufacturer, Name, and Version). This way, I can present the end user with a consistent name for an application without having to constantly revise support documentation.

Example: Adobe Flash Player
    I cannot have multiple entries for something called 'Flash Player', so I've been adding some versioning information to the Name field so it becomes unique as I deploy different versions through…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. List all applications and packages by criteria

Many customers are using packages and (!) applications. There's no way in the console to list all "software items" in one view to get a list of all applications and packages. That would be extremely handy when you need to answer the question "is that piece of software an app or a package" when deploying it. Please add such a view e.g. to the folder "Application Management".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Options to Deployment Type (Application Model) or Deployment to Allow Filtering

When deploying an application to a user based collection (or computer for that matter), it would be nice to be able to filter the deployment based on criteria such as operating system WITHOUT the need to create a second application. Similar to how the requirements section of the application model works but deployment specific.

Proposed Solution 1
    Create a requirements or filter for deployments similar to how filters work on group policy objects. Essentially you would be given the option during a deployment to filter the installation – so if those requirements aren’t met the deployment doesn’t take place.

The…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate App-V into the SCCM Client.

Much like how SCEP is installed by the CM client when the option is enabled. Give an option to enable App-V in the client settings and the client installs App-V and any prerequisites.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Admin Console: Show deploymed applications for device / user / collection

Show all the deployed applications for a device, user or collection which are deployed to it by sccm.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a Deployement Type Requirement for an Application Installed\Not Installed without creating a Global Condtion

Instead of creating a Custom Condition of an Application's Existence on specific machines before deploying an app, we could have a drop down that contains the list of already created applications in CM and select the existence or non existence of an application before deployment of said application. Constantly creating Global Conditions is a little strange to me. Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support upgrading of Windows Store for Business offline apps without requiring to uninstall

At the moment (1610) the detection and superseding process for WSfB offline apps does not work. The old version is installed, and the new version detects as being installed but it isn't. The only way the upgrading works is if the supersede option to uninstall the previous version is checked - unfortunately this also deletes the local app data, shortcuts and tiles.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unable to target a User with an App-V 5.x App and have the middleware installed Globally so I can use plugins to IE

I think we have a strong business case around the Application model in CM12 SP1 and using App-V 5.0 to do user-based software targeting. As Kaido and I are doing a workshop for learning more on App-V and the possibilities , we ran into some challenges I believe are critical and needs to be solved in a certain way . What the correct way is , I leave that up to the smart engineering guy’s in Redmond .

One of the great promises of application virtualization is dynamic delivery of software to end-users; however delivering plugins or add-ons to installed…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Application Details

It would be good to have the following options in Application Tab on SCCM console:

1) The "Size" tab as we have now for PACKAGES to check the actual size of it.
    2) The “Application ID” as we have for PACKAGES (packageID). Although we do see it under deployment tab but only if we deploy application to any collection. In case we only need to check the distribution status with any deployment being done, we have to go to content status tab and search with application name. This could be made handy as is done for Packages section.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base