Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow choosing from all available application icon sizes

When you create or modify an application and choose an icon for it from a file, I believe CM automatically chooses the first icon it sees from the index. In reality a single file can have multiple sizes and colors. It would be nice if CM could show you the list of available icon and sizes from the file index and let you choose which one to display.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Application management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to deploy all application in a folder.

I'd like to right click on a folder and have the option to Deploy all the apps in that folder.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug - Office 365 Deployment

Office 365 Client Installation deployment features in 1806 appear to be incomplete and problematic. Uninstall statements are not filled in for one. Application Catalog tab is not filled out either. For some reason, creating deployment sources using the new OCT link integration creates sources which are missing files and generates a 30821-1505 error. Running the setup.exe directly from the source also behaves the same. Running ODT manually appears to work, and the source can be imported into SCCM as it was in prior releases.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have a right click option for Applications in SCCM to create a collection of devices its installed on.

It would be useful if there was an option in the SCCM console to right click on an application and have an option to automatically set up a collection using the detection method specified for the application.

i.e. If we have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC v18.11 Application in SCCM, be able to right click it and "create a collection of device or user installs" automatically using the detection method i.e. Windows installer product code or presence of executable plus version etc.

Obviously this can be done manually but would be good if it could be made easier :)

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. office display level

Well, not really an idea. I'm on SCCM 1806. I created an Office installation using ODT. When I go to ODT, it is missing an option for Display Level. Not a big deal. I can just go to the xml file, find the display level property and change it from Full to None. Also, there are properties in the xml that don't need to be in there. I think it is more a ODT issue. For example, PinIconsToTaskbar is not required if the value is false. Anyway, I love that the tool is incorporated into SCCM. I think it saveā€¦

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Require an approval process to deploy a new Application.

We use a lot of contractor resources as surge resources for application packaging. Could you implement an approval process (similar to that of Run Scripts) that would require approval before someone could Deploy a newly created Application? This would greatly improve quality and ensure all new Applications have been reviewed to reduce the risk of an ooops.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve app model logging

Make it easier to troubleshoot application deployment with:
    - Consolidated log file
    - Make logging easier to understand and find the reason for failures.
    For a new SCCM Admin/Tech troubleshooting appdeployment is hard, have to understand the different log files and know which one to read.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a right click option to see what task sequences an Application is associated to.

Add a right click option to see what task sequences an Application is associated to.

This make 'supersede' application easier to identify.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deployments in a Task Sequence

Provide a task sequence step to install all targeted applications, programs and software updates.
    Where imaging a PC is done on a limited time it would be beneficial to install all applications.
    Similar to this.
    https://www.petervanderwoude.nl/post/install-computer-targeted-application-during-os-deployment-via-powershell-and-configmgr-2012/

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Install Software on next reboot" switch for required Deployments

"Install Software on next reboot" switch for required Deployments

We have machines in production which are always online and only the Users can initiate a reboot or an Software Installation. It would be cool to have an option to install all required Deployments if the Users initiate a reboot. This would raise the SW-Compliance extemely, because the Users often do not take a look in the SW-Center an click on install.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Package comment in Package Properties view

Please add the Comment field to the Package Properties pane.
    Added graphics for clarification.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. uninstall deadline not honoured (App-V 4.6 application in this case)

Bug I think: I deployed the uninstall action for an App-V 4.6 application through SCCM, with a deadline in the year 2099 (to allow leeway for monitoring before and after in my testing), but it ran as soon as it hit.

Deployed to user, install outside maintenance windows (so I would see it in Software Center without having to wait till after work).

Inconvenient, not a show-stopper.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Office Customization Tool should organize settings into subcategories and needs to update Office 2016 language.

Office Customization Tool should reference subcategories and needs to be updated from Office 2016 language. The same settings that existed in the Office 2016 Customization Tool still exist in the new tool but they are all lumped together in the root categories. Some of the settings names are vague and only make sense once you figure out what subcategory they were formerly associated with. For example, the settings for auto-correct are lumped together with security and encryption settings. Like the Office "Arabic modes" setting. I had to open up the description before it was clear this was a spell checkā€¦

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deploy and Update VSCode natively

Similar to how you integrated Edge deployment and maintenance into CM, could you do the same for VSCode?

Pretty much the same as this, but for vscode
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/configmgr/apps/deploy-use/deploy-edge

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Application dependency to upgraded application

Application dependency is causing issues in the following scenario.

"MainApp Addon 1.0" has a dependency on either "MainApp 1.0" or "MainApp 1.1".
    MainApp 1.1 superseeds MainApp 1.0 with uninstall checkbox.
    Both "MainApp 1.0" and "MainApp Addon 1.0" is installed on computer.
    When trying to update "MainApp 1.0" to "MainApp 1.1" the log "AppIntentEval.log" will spit out errors and app upgrade will not occur.

Also new computers will have issues trying to install "MainApp 1.0" and "MainApp Addon 1.0".

This can cause issues in upgrade scenarios of application and workarounds that needs to be created.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Uninstall behaviour for application installs

There should be possible to have Uninstall behaviour on applications the same way there is Install behaviour.
    Installing Zoom and Zoom outlook plugin via task sequence app model, I put Outlook.exe into the Install behaviour and it tells me to close Outlook before installing. When I try to run uninstall it does not tell the user to close Outlook.
    There is a lot of times, it would be very helpful to close an application before uninstall.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deployment option for CMG available/required apps

It would be useful to us for an option, similar to allowing application to run via task sequence, that would let us select which applications we would want users to see/install via the CMG. Currently most apps we use are deployed as available to all users but only a select few have the content distributed to our CMG and so causes problems when users try to install and ConfigMgr waits to download content.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. windows source management

Allow multiple "Product Code" separated by a comma, in the "Windows Source management" under Deployment Type - Program tab.

This would be helpful for such MSI with sub storage streamed in. Those MSI change their Product Code on the fly during installation depending on language detected.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add cleanup of deprecated Application Catalog roles as a Management Insight

Management Insights are great! As a consultant, I often train customers to check these on a regular basis and act on them to improve Site performance and to have a supported configuration.

Application Catalog roles have been deprecated. It would be a nice-to-have addition to the Insights panel, in my opinion, to instruct on removing the application catalog website and application catalog web service roles, and to review the default and any custom client settings to ensure Default Application Catalog website point is set to (none).

(taken from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/apps/plan-design/plan-for-and-configure-application-management#bkmk_remove-appcat)

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Application supersedence for user deployments

At the moment application supersedence is only working with machine deployments. Please make this work for user deployments.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base