Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A where used tab for Operating Systems

Can we have a where used tab in Operating System images and upgrades?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Greetings - I'd like to see some of util to help read log files. It could show the list of logs and what each one is for and click to view

Greetings - I'd like to see some of util to help read log files. It could show the list of logs and what each one is for and click to view

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We include CMTrace.exe in the boot images so logs can be read in WinPE, that tool is part of the SCCM Toolkit and can also be found on the site server under \OSD\Bin\\CMTrace.exe

For OS Deployment logs there’s a section here which helps – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh427342.aspx – the main OS Deployment log is SMSTS.log

We have an open item for improving logging, copy logs etc – I’ll add your feedback to that item.

3. Expose some policy data through the SMS Provider

It would be great if there was a WMI class that we could query, or a method we could call, to verify if policy is targeted to a specific client. In complex OSD scenarios, there is no way to verify whether TS policy has been targeted to a device after modifying collection membership without accessing SQL directly. For example, a method that could be called with just the client GUID or resource ID and a specific Task Sequence policy GUID, simply returning True or False, would rock. This could be called every 30 or 60 seconds and the process could…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support MUI for the "Restart Computer" TaskSequence action description visible to the user

Especially in MUI environments explaining why a reboot is required can lead to confusion on the users side. Supplying a short description is nice already, but it would be even cooler if it was configurable based on the users display language.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. AD computer object description

Setting the AD computer object description should be allowed inside a task sequence during the domain join operation.
    Whether or not this is on the dialog box, is not important to me. I'd be happy setting a TS variable (ie. OSDComputerObjectDescription)

Alternatively, we could use a PowerShell script using different credentials (which Task Sequences also do not allow). Similar to the way
    the "Run Command Line" allows the input of credentials.

Right now we have to use a kludgy "Run Command Line" using credentials and run
    a batch file that calls something like: PowerShell.exe -executionpolicy Bypass -command pscommandhere
    or: PowerShell.exe…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. numbers in windows serviceing not the same as a query

pie chart shows 20 and a query shows 19 why the difference?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adjust ZTIApplication to return error codes during installation

Currently, if an application fails to install due to a typo or error during install, the task sequence just continues on. It would be preferable to at least have an option for the task sequence to fail if an application did not get installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  sangeev responded

Updated by bobmn for sangeev/OSD

8. DCR: OSD Task Sequence - Create Baseline of existing TS and allow Remediation

From my field experience I have seen many times OS Deployments which did not really succeed, because of Continue on error conditions. In most cases the reason was to not end up with systems staying in Provisioning Mode. I know some guys just "re-deploy" the TS with checks if everything was done properly. This brought up the idea - why not using Compliance Settings for this purpose? At least to check if the system meets the Desired Baseline. Everything needed should be stored in the Task Sequence anyway and it would allow a "Report" summary client side after Deployment.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Re-think task sequence policy download in OS

Currently deployed task sequences create a lot of policy download and slow down the initialisation of a workstation. If they worked like in bootable media, or another way - I don't know if say downloading the TS policies as a zip would help?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Operating System Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base