Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ability to add a Software Update Group to a Configuration Baseline

currently you can only add individual updates

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    2 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Improvements for Device Guard management

1. Using the Microsoft knowledge base for Device Guard, I would like to create a new CI policy by using New-CIPolicy. Then, I want to merge it with the Configuration Manager Code Integrity policy (Merge-CIPolicy). This should be possible from the gui as well.
    2. Adding other trust rule methods via gui. (ie. PCACertificate, hash)
    3. Deploy device guard trusted installer policies via osd. This would allow policies to be active immediately after domain join and before any software is installed.
    4. This one is key but is heavily dependent on #2:
    a) Use case 1: An executive needs toā€¦

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to evaluate device compliance via software center

In the compliance section of Software Center it should be possible to diagnose the following:
    1. Check Client Version
    2. Repair SCCM Client
    3. Check WMI status
    3. Check Connectivity with server and report issues

This information can be gathered by 1st line support executive and passed on to 2nd line for faster support.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow compliance items to be run at logon/logoff

Right now, Compliance Items can only be scheduled for specific time periods. It would be helpful to schedule Compliance for logoff/logon.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Natively integrate SCAP policy enforcement into SCCM

Integrate the ability to natively enforce SCAP policy enforcement via SCCM. Provide the capability automatically download SCAP policies from sources such as DISA and other SCAP content providers.

Integrate the application of the SCAP policies into the OS provisioning processes as an option for out of the box compliance at OS deployment before the OS touches the network.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option for various actions based off CI status

Configuration items has statuses of compliant, non-compliant, unknown, and error. It would be a nice expansion of the compliance settings feature to be able to act upon the individual CI status and not the just add to a collection based off baseline compliance.

Actions that would be of benefit are:
    Add to collection
    Install individual software update or software update group
    Install package
    Install application
    Run task sequence
    Run script

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create and deploy Wi-Fi profiles with a password

Is it possible already to create and deploy Wi-Fi profiles with a password option? Without a password it seems not logical to me? Many customers are requesting this functionality for Windows 10 devices (during and after OS deployment)

/Henk

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. CIs for Mac OSX

Provide an easy mechanism to manage configuration items for Mac OSX without the need to create shell scripts for user or system preferences. Such as the ability to configure settings for device encryption, disabling USB, setting background images, browser home page, etc. etc. etc.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Decouple Detection and Remediation types

When creating Configuration Items, it would be nice if we could combine different detection and remediation types. For example, combining a Registry detection rule that would remediate with a PowerShell script.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Automate Device Guard Whitelisting Policy Management

Automate the Device Guard policy controls using SCCM as the management platform for Device Guard security policies. Integrate the Device Guard policy provisioning during the application build process to reduce the manual efforts.

Bring the SCCM whitelist management on par with competitor security products such as McAfee and Bit9.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Set A configuration Baseline as dependency in Deployment type

At the dependencies tab in deployment type configuration, be able to select a configuration baseline to be evaluated/apply a remediation. Think is a powerful way to set some required settings

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Integration with DISA STIGs and benchmarks

SCCM should be able to leverage STIGs and benchmarks to automate the compliance. SCM appears to have ended support, although it can still be found. It was ok, but to use for SCCM required numerous steps and not all items would transfer.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Compliance Settings - Scripttype - check on returncode than stdout output

It would be useful, if a compliancesetting scripttype would be able to check the compliance based on the return value rather than all the Output of Stdout.
    Now the only way for me is, piping cmds to Out-Null, to ensure that a item can get compliant:

p = some.exe |out-null
    if ($p.ExitCode -eq 0){Write-Host "SUCCESS"}
    else{Write-Host "FAILURE"}

But for developing/troubleshouting purposes it would be nice, if i havent to catch all stdout output, especially for longer scripts, or tools, which i cannot modify ( 3rd Party vendor )

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix powershell remediation script to pass failed value from detection script

Have a failed compliance baseline pass the output of failed powershell script to remediation rather than the compliant value

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Configuration Item Checkout

When automating the creation of Configuration Items, every time a new setting is added the version increments. Depending on my input file, the revision could be in the upper hundreds, particularly when adding Windows Defender and Firewall exceptions.

It would be nice to check out a configuration item, make the necessary edits, and then check in the changes.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve the usability of Compliance Settings

When I first looked at Compliance Settings I could not get my head around how it worked. I believe I understand it now but it could be made easier.

One useful feature would be the inclusion of using admx or existing GPOs to ensure AD compliance is working or apply settings over multiple domains / workgroup system. The Security Compliance Manager has some of these features but only for Microsoft related products with security configuration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Compliance Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Support "Any of" in addition of "All of" Options for String Arrays Compliance Rules

Currently, the only value option for string arrays in a compliance rule is to specify that it must contain "All of" the specified values. I would like to be able to say that it should contain "Any of." Similar to how regular strings have "One of."

Ideally, an "Any of" value would support any combination of any number of values in the list, but only values in the list.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Configuration Baseline: To execute in user context

Currently Compliance Baseline can only run in System Context but it can't run in user context. Can we please have this feature in Configuration Baseline?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Manual Remediation Option for Configuration Baselines

I think it would be beneficial if there was a manual remediation option in the Configuration Manager applet, to let users manually run remediation steps. I know a Non-Compliant collection could be created and a application/package pushed to it, but I'd like the option to manually run a remediation step for Non-Compliant computers.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow folders under Global Conditions

Allow folders to be created under Global Conditions to allow for better organization with in the console.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base