Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the 🙂 button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SQL Server 2016, Reporting services

Hi,

SQL Server 2016 and Reporting Services is shaping up to be a gigantic upgrade! The new Reporting services actually looks like a tool from this century! And Power BI is just amazing.

Is there any roadmap or info of when will SCCM will support SQL Server 2016 or just Reporting Services 2016?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Better default reports design

Most of internal reports has quite poor design and usually does not tend to dislike it. They look like ConfigMgr legacy: 8 years lag.

Why don't we use a team of designers just to make them look modern and stylish?

Sometimes I find better to use pre-created custom reports for the demos...

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Help me Provide Statistics to Management for Deployments

We need to do better at showing the value of ConfigMgr. Most managers (IMO) do not understand the amount of successful (or unsuccessful) change we can do with ConfigMgr. Some high-level dashboard reports would go a long way to help people understand the power of ConfigMgr.

This could be related to another one I submitted (http://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/8922754-help-me-find-objects-that-i-can-remove-from-config), but felt it's different enough to have a separate post.

I want to easily provide information to management on things like this:
        - Number of installs, per application (in my experience, this is difficult to get, since an app is re-evaluated every…

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Update (CUs) behavoiur on Reports

To meet the business needs from our customers and to ease the access we have modified the default folder structure Microsoft uses. When an update is applied the default folder structure is re-created, We have to manually remove the default folder structure after each update. -> the existing folder structure should not be affected by an update

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow Resource Explorer to be opened from a Web Report

Web reports are great but are not very usable to display everything about a computer. You must have access to the Console and open Resource Explorer to see everything. Need a method to open Resource Explorer from a web report that shows a list of computers. This would make it easier to drill down to detailed information about a computer. We had this with previous competing products and it is the feature I miss the most.

2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Seggregating SQL tables/views for SCCM Application and for Admins

1286 tables and 7153 views, makes it an extensive and difficult job for SCCM Admins to create custom reports, as herculean task for finding where needed info exits, sometime data is available in multiple table/views, makes it tough to decide. Do you think it helps to re/design table or views naming structure in such a way that, set of them are meant for SCCM application for internal purposes which we don’t user for reporting purposes, and a second set of them are meant for SCCM Admin for creating report purposes, making the naming convention and data available in later section…

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • In-Depth Information needed on Changes witin Reporting done by any CU

No information is provided whether and what has changed within the reporting. I am particularly interested in very technical information, like stored procedures or changes that include the RBA model. Some of the changes might affect individually created reports, if they use the same methodology like the MS reports. Proactively apply those changes would suit me much better than waiting for an incident to be reported on a specific report -> detailed technical information on changes should be provided with each update (sp, used fn, ...)

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Linked Reports from within other reports - folder reference

Microsoft reports that have other reports linked, don’t work anymore with our modified folder structure. So we applied changes to those MS reports. In this case we didn’t create our own report but modified the MS reports. -> links should be added like this: ..\subfolder\reportname, not using the complete hardcoded folder structure. That way – since the linked reports are always in the same folder or in the subfolder like in the default structure – all links will work no matter in which folder the report actually sits.

0 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base