Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access user/computer focussed reports from the device/user collections

If I right click on a computer in a collection there are many contextual items on the menu. It would be useful for us to be able to launch the 'compliance 5 - specific computer' report for that computer directly from the menu. there are other device centric reports focussed on the hostname that could be easily accessible.
    Possibly access the report from the same area as the 'primary user' link in the summary pane.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Duplicate or Copy Report Subscriptions

It would be a great feature to have the ability to copy or duplicate a report subscription. Often we have to create a new report subscription that matches an existing subscription (for updates compliance) before we are done using the existing subscription.

Being able to copy a subscription will save a lot of work if the description, notes, schedule are all the same. All you have to do is change the update group in the parameters.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Granular Client Notification Permissions

Would it be possible to break out individual permissions for each of the "Client Notifications".

When enabled, if I right-click a device or collection I get the usual selection of options, "Download computer policy", "Collect Hardware Inventory", etc. Those are fine, but the big one that caries a high degree of risk is "Restart"

So rather than have a single option in [Security Role] -> [Collection] -> [Notify Resource]

...the "Notify Resource" is in it's own permission branch and each notification option can be enabled/disabled for that role.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add new Device tab with custom properties (Variables)

When selecting one or multiple devices in the console, it would be very helpful to have an additional tab at the bottom (next to "Summary", "Client Settings", "Collections", etc.) with "Custom Properties" where console users can select from predefined, custom properties such as "Language", "Company", "OS", Device Type", "Deployment Ring" or any other properties that are relevant for a company.
    These properties should then be available as variables during OSD and during normal task sequences.
    Admins should be able to predefine and customize the available properties depending on the needs of the company. There should be a way to createā€¦

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Clickable Values

Im often missed the feature to click on a reported value to jump directly to a list or an report.

Example: Installation of an Application with 5 Devices failed -> Click on the 5 failed devices will open a list with the 5 specific devices.

Example 2: 3 Devices needs an specific Update. Which devices? Click on the number and see the list.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Maximized SCCM console breaks Windows 10 taskbar autohide

Currently, if you auto hide the taskbar in Windows 10, you cannot show the taskbar if the SCCM console is maximized. I have to make my console close to maximized without actually maximizing it.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Client Data Sources Data - Timestamps

Basically, in order to create better reports on things like content download performance etc ā€“ we need more accurate time stats so:

1. Currently the time reported appears in the DB as - 2017-11-08 00:00:00.000 ā€“ so if effect we only get the date, although I see on the client that the actual correct start time is there in the CTM WMI class, so would it be possible to report this?
    2. What would be really great (if number 1 is possible) is if you could also report the ā€˜End Timeā€™ for a download. This would facilitate reports detailing download times andā€¦
    6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Configuration manager service Account Management

Hi All,

It very difficult to manage the password of service accounts in different place in Configuration for different options, like Domain join, network access, client installation. Because we need to input every time when we configure the settings. Instead of this, we have centeral control management of user name or service account and password management, so it will reflect in all components once the they select the user name.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Size All Columns to Fit" as default

It would be very helpful if the option "Size all columns to fit" (right click on title list e.g. Name) will be set as default.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable a column for primary device

Similar to the completed "Enable a column for primary user!" post, this is the exact opposite. When viewing Users in the admin console, please enable a column to show Primary Device (or devices). So when you are viewing a list of users you can see their device(s) easier. Essentially expose this data to the admin. Thank you for your consideration.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The same right click menu for a computer when you find it via monitoring, as when finding it in a collection.

When monitoring a deployment I want to further investigate why a certain computer has got problems. Today I have to switch to Assets and Compliance and find the computer there to handle it. It would be so much faster to just right click it in Monitoring and get the same menu as in Assets and Compliance. It would also be easy to create Collections depending on the errors.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow URLs in the console to open in default web browser.

Learn more URLs in the console such as the ones on the O365 client pilot and health or windows analytics servicing dashboard all open in IE11 instead of the default browser.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to connect to Configmgr community without console

Our Configmgr system is run on a network that does not connect to the Internet. I cannot connectot Community Hub from this system. If I try to connect via web browser on a system connected to the Internet it says I can't and that must use the condole.

I'd like to emphatically suggest you provide a way to connect to and download from the community hub via web browser in addition to the configure console.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add ability to move client setting priority to the top

In some environments there are many client settings and there may be a particular setting that I need to be at (nearly) the top of the priority list. I've used a community tool that assists with client setting priority but would like to see, at the least, a button or right click feature to move the setting to the top to reduce the amount of priority button clicks.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. view status

the view status option (ie deployment, content status, etc). only allow 1 option each time, so if you click view status and need to go back to the list it will refresh and you may need to filter it back and view status on the other one that you want. it would be good if the view status could be done on selected items, so you click view status (maybe right click the select and view status) and it would create the node for all selected items

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin experience and community hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. The Security/Certificates panel sorts dates poorly

Administration >Overview > Security > Certificates sorts the dates poorly. For example, sorted in descending order I might see:
    1/16/2017
    11/17/2016
    12/15/2016
    2/23/2017
    etc. (this is an actual data in the most current version)

The common sense expectation would be the sort to return:
    2/23/2017
    1/16/2017
    12/15/2016
    11/17/2016

It appears to be sorting as a raw string instead of being aware the value is a date. Since this field is always a date and time, it doesn't make sense to sort this way.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Conflicting Process Detection Needs Work

I have individual applications that make up the Creative Cloud Suite all with 3 DT's each to handle the various kinds of licenses. I have implemented the conflicting process detection but I am having to manually enter the same information three times. It would be good if we had PowerShell support, able to load an XML, be able to copy from one DT to another or reuse or have a list of already entered processes that you can select from. Also 15 processes is not enough. If you look at the conflicting process XML that Creative Cloud Packager spits outā€¦

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to schedule in-console update

Hey. It would be so nice to be able to schedule updates to sccm from the Updates and Servicing node in the console.

Any chance?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the ability to remove 'Administrative Users' from the 'Security Role' - Administrative Users tab

Add the ability to remove 'Administrative Users' from the 'Security Role' - Administrative Users tab. Currently if you have 10 Admin users with the same role you have to visit all 10 of those admin users and remove their security role. Would be much better if I could just do it while on the Security Users tab.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base