Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the ? button in the top right corner and choose “Send a Frown”. For more details, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Universal Search of Assests

Have one search field for Users / Devices that will accept multiple serach terms.
    One place where I can type Username/User Surname/Device Name/Device Serial Number/Mac Adrerss/GUID

and get a result will all possible assosiations.

if i search for Contoso\User1, I hould get all the devices where he is Primay user, if i sherch for Mac Adress it should return the device that have it. etc.

Suport partial match too

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Manage Deployment of Console Updates

I would be good if applying an update to Configuration Manager also either:
      - initiated the creation of an application/collection/deployment to upgrade administrator consoles, or
      - provided the ability for the console to update itself by kicking off a background service to install the update for non-administrator users.

It's great that the console now notifies the user when it's out of date, but the process of applying these updates really needs to be streamlined. Something similar to automatic client upgrade would be amazing.

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        7 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • System Status sort order by icon or status

When looking System Status> Site Status or Component status you can order by column headers. When clicking on Icon - desired sort order would be red,yellow,green (or opposite) and when clicking on Status then Critical,Warning, OK ( or opposite) .
        At moment it is mixed, ie not in severity order, but more like yellow,green, red.
        If there is long list of rows and it doesnt fit on screen You must click and scroll several times.

9 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Synchronize now button for all cloud services

In some cases it would be great to be able to Synchronize now with cloud services, examples, Windows Stor for Business, OMS, Windows Upgrade Analytics

9 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Integrate Announcement Settings

Integrate Annoucement settings to the console like the product Cireson Configuration Manager Ticker app. Send schedule or as soon as possible notification directly for user's display.

8 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add a Favourites feature to the SCCM 2012 Console. Favourites would allow user to "jump to" various points within console.

Add a Comments field to the device record and allow an admin to update it via the console.

8 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Easier navigation between a deployment's properties and status in the admin console

When I am in the Monitoring Workspace viewing the status of Deployments, I often want to open/edit the properties of a specific deployment. This should be accessible by right clicking the deployment, instead of having to make note of the update group or application being deployed and manually finding it in the software library to get to it's properties.

The reverse process should also be easier. If I am in the Software Library viewing a software update group or application and select a specific deployment for that application, I should have a right click option for 'view status', which would…

7 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • have the ability to show the 'security scopes' column everywhere in the console

if you have an environment with a deep RBA scoping, it is not Always easy to quickly see which object is secured by which scope in the console as you cannot enable the column 'security scopes' everywhere in the console..
                  please change this, I'm talking about boundary groups, queries, site, DP groups, DP, global conditions, driver packages

7 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Add a GitHub-Style Commit dialog for all changes.

The idea around this is to capture "what was changed" for things such as Updating Package/Deployment Type Content, Changing Application Metadata, Changing CI/Baselines.

The commit description would then also be added into the Revision History so if you had to roll back (or were nosey and wanted to see what was going on) you could look at the revision notes to see what was changed, and who changed it.

The ability to toggle this on/off should be available since not everyone will want this (especially for labs).

7 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Ability to open content source folder from context menu

In the admin console it should be possible to open a exploerer Window on the Content source path (of packages, Application, boot Images, ...)

7 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • SCCM - Better Exchange Connect configuration with Exchange Online

A simple Exchange Connector installation for Exchange Online is missing.
                        It should be intuitive and easy like the configuration with the Exchange Server On-premise.

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Centralise Console extensions

Please have the ability to set a repository for console extensions that the business uses. An admin could deploy the extension to the repo, then all consoles could enable it or keep disabled.

The way community extensions get installed/activated may need an overhaul.

7 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Set a Default Security Scope for user

It would be nice to be able to assign a default security scope to a user.
                            Ie; if someone creates a package, sccm assigns their set security scope(s) to the package instead of manually setting it.

7 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Allow conosole to connect to different server versions

I would like to be able to connect to different SCCM versions using the console on my computer (i.e. 1: Lab has a newer version than Production and I can't use Admin Console on my PC to connect to both; 2: I would like to connect to different customers running different versions without having to re-install the Admin Console for each site)

6 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Clickable Values

Im often missed the feature to click on a reported value to jump directly to a list or an report.

Example: Installation of an Application with 5 Devices failed -> Click on the 5 failed devices will open a list with the 5 specific devices.

Example 2: 3 Devices needs an specific Update. Which devices? Click on the number and see the list.

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Add ability to move client setting priority to the top

In some environments there are many client settings and there may be a particular setting that I need to be at (nearly) the top of the priority list. I've used a community tool that assists with client setting priority but would like to see, at the least, a button or right click feature to move the setting to the top to reduce the amount of priority button clicks.

5 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Modify Defaults

Allow a default to be created for each and Every object type in the admin console.

Applications, Packages, etc.. Allow Every possible setting to be pre-configured with the default choices you want by default. Multiple "templates" creatable for the same object type... Default choice would be based upon RBA. or a global choice if present.

5 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Help me Find Objects that I Can Remove From ConfigMgr

We all have things in ConfigMgr that are no longer used, or seldom used. The admin console should help me find these objects, so that I can clean-up/remove those things that are no longer needed. I'm looking for things like.
                                      - Show me deployments, and their usage on a monthly basis. I'm sure I have optional deployments that are no longer being used - help me find what I can prune.
                                      - Show me packages (including OSD packages), applications, and task sequences that aren't part of an active deployment. Take dependencies into consideration, but help me find those things that…

4 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • An improved console that merged ADUC, GPMC, and SCCM deployments/queries/collections

Imagine a console like ADUC that let you view GPOs and AD objects alongside each other, with contextual color-tinted overlays that help you visualize where items are applied. It should also display SCCM collections, queries, and deployments.

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • console default view

allow the console to have a default view per node. if you open the software updates -> all software updates, it takes a while to load. It would be useful to have a default view configured so it would not load what is need needed. Same for assets and compliance -> devices, etc.

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base