Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CMPivot Web Portal

We have a lot of people who would love to run queries against our systems (Desktop Support admins for example) that we do not give direct console access to. It would be super helpful to have a web-based interface for CMPivot to allow people an easy method to execute queries.

In addition, a query builder like that of Azure Log Analytics would be helpful as well so we don't have to walk them thru how to write all there queries.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Make CM Pivot usable at the CAS level

Make CM Pivot usable at the CAS level

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1706 removed cut and paste from machine name on lower have of device display, restore this please

1706 removed the copy and paste of the machine (in bold) in the lower part of the screen, was real handy to have that, please restore, please see attached file for more detailed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. To be able to send wake up packet to a client from the admin console

It would be useful to send a wake up packet to a client machine from the admin console to allow remote access if the machine has been turned off. This could be a check box option on the remote control screen. For example: "Send wake up if client is off"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix Console performance on systems with touch devices

If you have a device with a touch screen, and/or digitizer/stylus, the Admin Console performance takes a huge performance hit on general use, and may lag for several minutes when performing simple tasks such as viewing "Users", "Devices", "Software Updates", etc. Disabling the touch devices in Device Manager result in the same action taking only several seconds. Confirmed on Surface Pro 3, HP All-In-Ones, and a variety of other devices. This issue has been reported to, AND reproduced by, our Microsoft support contact.

Example: I have a collection of around 1100 devices. If I view that on the server, orā€¦

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix - Console locks up on disconnected/reconnected RDP sessions

In more than 10 different environments, over the past 5 or so versions of SCCM, I have found that my SCCM console will lock up when I have a disconnected session for over a day, then I reconnect to it. For example, if I leave a console, say, over the weekend, I can't do anything with it on Monday. I have to kill it from the task manager. Again, in many different environments. This is only on the site server, that's where I will typically log in and work. I have not seen this behavior in a remote console. Iā€¦

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow 'Windows Store for Business' feature settings to be changed/removed

After incorrectly setting up a Windows Store for Business link, there is no way to remove or change this...

Users need to be able to change the storage location, remove links to the Store or be able to update the key if it has expired. Currently it just says "The AAD credentials supplied must be tested before continuing." with an OK button.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Teach the Admin Console how to sort numbers

When sorting by Compliance % for some reason the sort is done as a string sort so 80% is a bigger number than 100%.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove trailing comma in primary user column

When a device has a single primary user they appear with a trailing comma. Can this be cleaned up?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. List SMS Provider as site system role

When decomissioning a site sytem, having the sms provider installed on that site system can cause the decomissioning to fail. By just displaying the sms provider as a site system role in the console, it's much easier to figure out that the fact that the sms provider is still installed is causing this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Visual for Task Sequence

Can we get a visual indicator for task sequences, displaying the distribution status of all dependencies/applications?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating status to completed – this is addressed with the Referenced tab in the task sequences node. That shows all the statically referenced packages, applications, OS images, driver packages etc. and the distribution status.

Thereā€™s a column ā€˜Targetedā€™ which is the number of distribution points used for the package/app. The ā€˜Complianceā€™ column indicates distribution status. Each column can be sorted for quick indication of distribution status.

For each item in this list you can right click to select ā€˜View Content Statusā€™ if you require granular detail.

If that does not meet your requirements, please reactivate this item and let us know what else you’d like to see there.

12. CM TP 1801 crashes when setting new offset schedule

*** If CM is installed on a server OS, why do you tell us to go to a client OS (on another machine) to use the ridiculous feedback hub for bugs??***

I created a brand new ADR in TP 1801 and when I changed the schedule from custom to monthly, the error in the attached file appears.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base