Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building System Center Configuration Manager, though we canā€™t promise to reply to all posts.

Please do not use UserVoice to report product bugs or for assisted support.
If you believe you have found a product bug, please send us a bug report through the Configuration Manager Console (1806 and newer). To do this, press the šŸ™‚ button in the top right corner and choose ā€œSend a Frownā€. For more details, seeĀ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/find-help.

If you require assisted support, please see https://aka.ms/cmcbsupport for more details.

Standard Disclaimer ā€“ our lawyers made us put this here ;-)
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the System Center Configuration Manager feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Configuration Manager. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Status Messages in the SCCM Console

Status messages are amazingly helpful in the SCCM console, but difficult to get to. For instance, whoever wrote the status messages for Task Sequence deployments did an amazing job, yet I cannot access these without making a custom query! This is an amazing troubleshooting tool that is hidden from the average user.

I'd like to get access to status messages from the object that makes the status message. For instance, if I right click on a task sequence deployment, I want to be able to view all status messages associated with that object. If I right click on a distributionā€¦

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinkingā€¦)
    Noted  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a node in the console with favorite action

It's possible to create a new node in the console with favorite actions.

Example:
    Favorite\Frequent Action 1 (Device collection)
    Favorite\Frequent Action 2 (Monitoring content)
    Favorite\Frequent Action 3 (Application Deployment)

If you want to add any action in the console to favorite Node, just right click on the action and select add to favorite actions...

In this wau

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to Copy an Existing Boot Image

I would like to be able to copy a boot image so I can update it and make changes without breaking the original boot image. Currently you have to create all new boot images by hand and manually add the drivers.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the text in the title bar of the Admin Console to be correctly aligned with the top of the window when maximised

Currently when the Admin Console is maximised some of the text in the title bar is not aligned correctly, it is set too high and is cut off. It displays correctly when the window is not maximised. See attached screenshots for example of what I mean.

This is in 1706, but it has been like this for multiple versions now.

It's only a minor cosmetic thing, but it's quite distracting.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to Right-Click a Device and View All Recent Status Messages

Provide a simpler way to target a Status Message Query at a Device by allowing you to Right-Click and View its latest Status Messages, rather than having to manually run through the Status Message Wizard.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Drag and Drop in console

Why can't we simply drag and drop machines/users into collections instead of having to go through wizard?. It makes it much harder for Helpdesk to understand how to use the console (hence why most people use AD security groups as targets). Why not select/Multi-select items and drag into relevant collection

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Monitoring/Query - export data

During the cutting and pasting in the query section, also allow the capture of the label column. This would have to be a bit 'faster to export the data. The best solution would be to have the ability to export via a dedicated button in various formats, csv, excel, pdf.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. SCCM Console UI: Multiple window support

It would really help having multiple window support in day to day operations, ie Right click Software Library - Open in New Window

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Viewing status of Deployments erases search results

When searching for deployments, say "May 2015", to see all of the Patch Deployments that you have recently deployed, once you double click/view status on a single one, you have to re-search for the "May 2015" deployments again. Suggest to use the Search Bar similar to the way that Explorer uses the Bread Crumbs on a search folder, so once you go back to the Deployments Tab, your original search criteria is there.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Make the ConfigMgr Admin console compatible with HoloLens!

How cool would it be to manipulate CONFIGMGR objects with your hands? Pickup a machine and literally throw it into a collection. Then pick up an Application and throw it on the same collection. Or view a report as if you were holding it in your hands?

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Delete multiple objects from console

It would be very great and intuitive to be able to delete multiple apps \ deployment types\ deployments \ packages \ driver packages and even folders from Console without creating custom PowerShell scripts.
    Today when selecting multiple objects the delete option becomes greyed out.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Tabs and windows

The console is very modal. Trying to compare two things side by side is impossible. What we need is tabs and woodies. Let me right click a node or an object and bring it up in a new window or tab so i don't have to keep performing the same searches over and over again.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Scroll by Using Letters on Keyboard

When viewing a large list, I would like to scroll to the item I need by entering the letter on the keyboard. This is how explorer works (in a list of files if you start typing the file name it will take you to that file). For example if I am in applications, I would like to click on an app then start typing "Off" to be taken to my Office application.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Language settings in Configuration Manager Admin Console.

I want to be able to change language in the Configuration Manager admin console. Right now the console uses the same language as my system language (which is swedish). There should be language packs for the admin console.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export collection members

Exporting member of collection to excel sheet is though easy but for large number or members (say more than 20K), it takes time to get them exported in the excel. MS should put the 2007 feature back which was just right click on collection and "Export Objects".

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow filtering to all-subfolders when browser for packages/applications during a task sequence.

When you browse for packages or applications to add to a Task Sequence, you can only filter to the current folder. When you have a massive folder structure with hundreds or thousands of packages/applications you have to browse for a while to find what you need. If you could change the filter to be all subfolders, it would resolve this issue perfectly!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve console communication and security to site server

To use the console you need to open up the RPC dynamic port range as the SMS provider is using WMI.

Isn't it time to move to a more secure communication method which allows the reduction in open ports to the site server?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable url-like shortcuts to nodes in the console (ie. deployment saved searches)

I check up on deployments every few hours, would love to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop to "Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe \Monitoring\Searches\Search99"

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Incorporate VAMT into console

Being able to right click a device and see and manage key types and activations would be very helpful when rolling out SCCM and KMS into a large existing environment full of OEM editions.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Resultant set of Client Settings should show what policy set the page

If you use several custom client settings, it can be difficult to piece together which one was controlling the actual resultant settings. Add a column on the right which shows the name and priority of the policy that controlled the page (or all that contributed to it for things that are merged... when you get to doing this for antimalware policies)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base