Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Have deployment types linked to deployments

I would like to see the ability to easily link a deployment type to a deployment. here is why with the deployments you can point them to a collection. it would be nice to be able to say, "hey i want this deployment type to go to this production collection. However, i want to test this update for this application and have the target collection be the pilot group." i know there are probably global conditions you can make to query collection membership but it seems like it would be a small task to have that simple feature to have an option to have a 1-1 link between a deployment type and deployment

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  · 

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be better to have a collection check in requirements for the Deployment Type.
    This way the Application model won't require more work for each, but only the DT you want this check on.
    If the link idea is made, every DT would need to be linked to a Deployment thereby requiring more work on every DT.

• Danny Somogyi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear god please make this happen. This is my #1 gripe with the application model. I don't want to have to create a whole new application object just because I want to apply different transforms to an installer to resources in different collections.

Feedback and Knowledge Base