Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Distribution point ordering/intelligence

Make it possible to assign multiple DP's to a boundary group with the ability assign an order in which they are accessed by clients. ATM if there are multiple DP's per boundary group and all are defined as fast (or slow), the DP is chosen randomly. At the very least a DP that resides in the same subnet with the client, should always take precedence,

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zeng Yinghua (Sandy) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

David. I didn't test production 1702, only tested in TP 1702. Cliet picked the same DP on the same subnet only after ConfigMgr client is installed. But during Full OS deployment (winpe), client didn't pick the same DP on the same subnet.

• Craig Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just been stung by this resulting in me scratching my head until I realised I had a down DP (lets call it DP1... ). OSD clients would connect to DP2 and apply the OS, but when it rebooted it would then "connect" to DP1 and fail to deploy anything (including the Agent).. Very few errors to say that the DP wasn't there ..
    Being able to set preference - or even "disable" a DP in a group would be ideal.

• Zeng Yinghua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be nice function. Current setting we can only assignment fast or slow, would be good to have also "priority" setting, so that clients machines choose download content frome which fast DP first, if that DP is not available, then automatically choose the second priority fast DP.

Feedback and Knowledge Base