Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Package ID in Application list

Everytime I have an error in the "Distribution Point Configuration Status" I have to search for the "failed" application with the Package ID in the "Content Status". This works very slow! Please show the "Package ID" in the Appliaction List of the Console.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Fred Silvester shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  · 

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alessio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

{SCCM CM 1702 build 5.0.8498.1000} Noticed that Packages and Licenses from the App Store both shows a identifiable tag for each and every object in the list. (Package ID and Application ID respectively)
    Puzzles me the lack of similar feature for the Applications tab, especially considered the push to ditch Packages in favor of Applications. A proper indexing feature would be beneficial to pin point deployment distribution failures quicker.

• Roth, Chase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came across this today again today. Testing ContentLibraryCleanup.exe and it referenced a Package ID that I needed to find. Took me 20 minutes to find, searching through all of the nodes, finding it in None, then falling back to looking in Monitoring -> Deployments. If Package ID is still referenced for Applications, it should be displayed along with the Application in the list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base