Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Implement function to remove Windows Updates from clients with Software Update Point

With a standalone WSUS-Server deployed Windows Updates can be uninstalled/removed from clients. With SCCM SUP this is not possible,
Implement a function to remove installed Windows Updates from clients.

416 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  · 

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't count the number of times I've had to roll back client updates just in the last 6 months! having this ability would be a huge timesaver.

• [NCE] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to natively roll back Windows Updates for computers or collections from within SCCM is a MUST. Please implement

• Giles Frankling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got to vote for this one. To many times a windows update has rolled out from the SUP and caused Client Issues. Fast rollback/uninstall of specific KB's would be exclient.

• Tony Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also in WSUS but not CM SUP; the ability to 'hide' an update for a specific machine when the update breaks a production application.

• Iain Fairbairn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this idea, it has been awkward in the past at times to script this with Wusa. It works but it is a bit clunky and relies on you having someone with more than basic admin experience to ensure success in a scenario that almost invariably happens with an incident outside of normal business hours and availability of the ideal administrator to action this may be limited and where you may need to work quickly to un-***** the situation before it deploys too far.

It would be nice to have a software update group function/feature to deinstall updates from clients/servers instead of having to script wusa.exe commands for the KB numbers.

• Greg Isett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've recently had to un-install some failed patches. It would be nice to have SCCM do this for us quicker than building the package/application and deploying.

• Andrew Malcolm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are right in the middle of dealing with https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118750 and need to uninstall 2 .net updates in order to move forward with a critical application deployment. It would sure save me some trouble if I could simply tell Config Mgr to reach out and remove the two related updates from the affected systems!

This would be a very appreciated feature.
        We had to uninstall several buggy Microsoft provided KB in 2015.
        We have to do a specific job to do so.

Feedback and Knowledge Base