Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

SCreate a seocndary deadline action for insalling and rebooting outside of maintenance window

I'd like to have the option, when pushing out software updates to have deadlines for maintenance windows. For example, you set the deadline for automatic install and reboot for sunday at 10pm and set the deadline behaviour to not do anything outside of the maintenance window. This means the patches will only automatically install during the maintenance window and wont interrupt the users during the day. However, I'd like a secondary deadline, so that say on Wednesday night I can set the patches to install outside of the maintenance window from say 6pm onward (i.e the users have had enough time to install the patches out of hours and are now getting them regardless during the business day), as this is how I initially thought the deadline behaviour worked (but obviously doesn't), as at present I have to go into all my deployments after a week and change the behaviour to install patches and reboot outside of maintenance windows (to catch all the people who turn their machines off or take laptops home etc)

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stuart Bennett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google