Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

3rd Party Patching - SCUP Integration with SCCM Console

Integrate the SCUP tool on to SCCM Admin Console. This will give a single pane of glass view for all patching activities (including importing 3rd party patches).

3,785 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Prasanna K Jayapal [Microsoft ConfigMgr Product Team] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From what I can see from the comments the last time MS replied to anyone on this item was December 2015! It is about time we have an update on this idea.

• Nick Thomet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SCUP 2011??? It's really time to do something. A surprise, if i can see the integration to SCCM as soon as possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Long-time SCCM and SCUP enterprise customer of MSFT. We need this as we're losing valuable time in SCUP trying to manage third party updates for over 80+ third party apps. Hopeful something can be done before we leave MSFT in search of a better product.

• Duke Deppentöter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SCUP is extremely bad. It is not usable in multi user envireonments, you need aditional certificates, the patches are stored on WSUS, you can't integrate them in SCCM using standard proxy settings... I know you can do it better.

• Michael Chelone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have quite a few clients asking me about third party software management. I'm hoping we will see an update on this soon, as currently I have to direct them to a third party plug-in to meet their needs.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the PatchMyPC.com catalog for SCUP and it works really well for us. This is not an advertisment. We really do use it.

• Faisal Ahmad Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the amount of interest and votes, this should have come out for 1606. This really would be a great feature to have.

• David Stein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Josh (re: new user intimidation). SCUP could use some TLC as well as being integrated into the ConfigMgr base product. The mess with a cert and the weird way you have to browse and then click "create" to make it work is odd. But the UI itself needs a few updates for 2016

• dorobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems challenging since SCCM uses WSUS for this. You would have to integrate WSUS first, which would require a new product.

• marc graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is huge... providing a slick solution for 3rd party patches would truly round off a sharp edge on SCCM..

• Jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have the ability to integrate Windows Hotfixes easily. Now i have to create a exe first and than i have to create a scup update. would be nice to have a Import for Hotfixes in scup without the need for exe creation. The exe creation process is bothering me.

• Gary W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dell are good at providing updates this way and when it's up and running it's great. Full integration would be fantastic.
        SCCM does need a "Suspend bitlocker" option when deploying BIOS updates this way though otherwise it's recovery keys at the ready.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just installed ConfigMgr 1511 but now need to start importing the Dell update catalog from ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog/DellSDPCatalogPC.cab. It looks like "System Center Updates Publisher 2011" hasn't been updated for several years and I'm extremely hesitant to try it w/the current version of ConfigMgr. As others have asked, when will SCUP functionality become native to ConfigMgr 1511? We're really stuck in a rut without this capability. Thanks!

• Roth, Chase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good example of what many are asking for is Shavlik Patch. Their software is a plugin to SCCM Console and provides updated 3rd party catalogs via their own sync mechanism to their servers. It shows up right under the Software Update node in the console, allows you to pick updates, publish them to WSUS and trigger the sync so you can then add them to deployments via All Software Updates.

Feedback and Knowledge Base