Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

3rd Party Patching - SCUP Integration with SCCM Console

Integrate the SCUP tool on to SCCM Admin Console. This will give a single pane of glass view for all patching activities (including importing 3rd party patches).

2,651 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Prasanna K Jayapal [Microsoft ConfigMgr Product Team]Prasanna K Jayapal [Microsoft ConfigMgr Product Team] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam JuelichAdam Juelich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was marked at 'Planned' meaning it will make it's way in a Technical Preview rather soon. I know a TP is coming out this week. Whether it makes it in that one or not, I'm not sure.

• ShawnShawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was any work completed on this last week? Is there an ETA on when the improvements would make it into the newest version of SCCM?

• Gordon SchillingerGordon Schillinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the anticipated availability of this integrated SCUP? Will it be part of the next release? Will it also continue to be enhanced since 3rd party products are such a high attack vector?

Highly desired, thank you very much.

• Dr. Michael KischelDr. Michael Kischel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do not forget to support timestamping when signing updates. Currently this feature will not work in SCUP since the predefined time stamp server does not support sha256 time stamping. As a result, the updates that were published are not signed with a timestamp and must be resigned after the validation period of the signing certificate.
        Maybe it is a good idea to define a setting were the user can configure a time stamp server. I couldn’t find such a setting in the SCUP currently.

• Paul DeasyPaul Deasy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great achievement if it would be done, given the level of data that SCCM environments would have from Asset Intelligence.
        ( I'm currently using a separate system from Heat Software (formerly Lumension) which is an additional level of management overhead - their product whilst good - but it is one extra thing to have to manage in addition to it being an additional agent running on the PC. )

• David BaurDavid Baur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old SCUP that we have is horrible, there are 3rd party products out there that Microsoft should be able to outperform, and SCUP is a long way off from being a competitor to 3rd party patching. IT would be great if Microsoft started competing in this space.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised that, after all these years, MS has not acquired a 3rd party application patching capability and integrated it into the core...if for no other reason than to ward of competitors making inroads into their turf.

• Daniel KroupaDaniel Kroupa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having EXEs available for download on the MS catalog and no way to inject them in an image in 2017 doesn't make a lot of sense. Please integrate this. Thanks.

• AlwinAlwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have several System Center environments. The groups (catalogs) should be able to be exported, like the SUGs. Thank you.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent news. Long time overdue but well done Microsoft for listening.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To install SCUP on Server 2016 just run the SCUP msi installer from an elevated command prompt and use /qb. This will skip the prerequisite check issue caused by the version being 10.x on Server 2016.

• Tom CalandraTom Calandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update SCUP will be officially supported with Server 2016 or if it will be integrated to SCCM Console? This is a huge roadblock even with the registry hack.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base