Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

3rd Party Patching - SCUP Integration with SCCM Console

Integrate the SCUP tool on to SCCM Admin Console. This will give a single pane of glass view for all patching activities (including importing 3rd party patches).

2,158 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Prasanna K Jayapal [Microsoft ConfigMgr Product Team]Prasanna K Jayapal [Microsoft ConfigMgr Product Team] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To install SCUP on Server 2016 just run the SCUP msi installer from an elevated command prompt and use /qb. This will skip the prerequisite check issue caused by the version being 10.x on Server 2016.

• Tom CalandraTom Calandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update SCUP will be officially supported with Server 2016 or if it will be integrated to SCCM Console? This is a huge roadblock even with the registry hack.

• JoslinJoslin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today a customer inquired about using SCUP 2011 for 3rd party updates with Current Branch 1610 but was concerned about its support since there is a 5-6 yr gap between the latest CB version and SCUP 2011. The customer asked whether future CB versions would have SCUP integrated into the ConfigMgr console. It kind of court me off guard because I had no answer for the question. This SCUP topic is starting to come up more often - not sure how we should handle these customer inquiries?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From what I can see from the comments the last time MS replied to anyone on this item was December 2015! It is about time we have an update on this idea.

• Nick ThometNick Thomet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SCUP 2011??? It's really time to do something. A surprise, if i can see the integration to SCCM as soon as possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Long-time SCCM and SCUP enterprise customer of MSFT. We need this as we're losing valuable time in SCUP trying to manage third party updates for over 80+ third party apps. Hopeful something can be done before we leave MSFT in search of a better product.

• Duke DeppentöterDuke Deppentöter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SCUP is extremely bad. It is not usable in multi user envireonments, you need aditional certificates, the patches are stored on WSUS, you can't integrate them in SCCM using standard proxy settings... I know you can do it better.

• Michael CheloneMichael Chelone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have quite a few clients asking me about third party software management. I'm hoping we will see an update on this soon, as currently I have to direct them to a third party plug-in to meet their needs.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the PatchMyPC.com catalog for SCUP and it works really well for us. This is not an advertisment. We really do use it.

• Faisal Ahmad KhanFaisal Ahmad Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the amount of interest and votes, this should have come out for 1606. This really would be a great feature to have.

• David SteinDavid Stein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Josh (re: new user intimidation). SCUP could use some TLC as well as being integrated into the ConfigMgr base product. The mess with a cert and the weird way you have to browse and then click "create" to make it work is odd. But the UI itself needs a few updates for 2016

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base