Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Option to set Security scope on ADRs

ADRs do not have the option to set a security scope. In an environment with multiple departments making their own ADRs for their dept's devices, it would be useful to be able to set a security scope on the ADR itself like you can with the SUGs and Deployment Packages

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter Egerton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to create new UV item but realised I already supported this. I would additionally like to see this on Servicing plans for Windows 10, which for all intents and purposes I understand are just ADRs.

• Fran B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it helps, even though all users can see all ADR rules, seems that each user will only be able to edit ADR rules deployed to collections where they have rights, or at least that's what it looks like.

• Benjamin Meis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And make it so that when the ADR runs it either doesn't mess with scope on the SUG or sets it to the scope assigned to the ADR! Currently when it runs a lot of factors can cause it to blast a whole bunch of scopes to an existing SUG it is updating.

• Matt Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this same problem, multiple departments who need to be able to control updates to their devices. This would be very useful!

Feedback and Knowledge Base