Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Enable a column for primary user!

Enable an option to quickly see the primary user of a device (within the columns on the console) I don't have time to individually click machines or run reports to find the primary user.

808 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Edgard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is fixed in the just shipped #SCCM 1802 release. For both Primary User, and Logged on user. We still will improve a couple things:
1) it is only in devices views; and we will add it in more views (collections, etc.)
2) We actually think we can do even better than this, and use the SCCM fast channel to show currently logged in now users. If you like this idea, vote here:
https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/13061739-see-if-a-user-is-logged-in-and-if-computer-is-acti

57 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Iain Fairbairn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature, I would also suggest a similar column for top console user where known as depending on how you have user affinity configured you may not always have a primary user returned for a device.

• L U commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Edgard's suggestion, and also for Vladimir's suggestion - Primary Device in User view

• Joe Yates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've just had SCCM setup for our domain. Frankly I'm confused why information on who is currently using a bit of hardware isn't displayed (or even available as an option) to place front and centre on the console...!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

primary user - should be easy..last user on machine who has had 3 consecutive logons...that should be easy to program no??

• Vesa Vainio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add "device primary user" colum. Now you need to click device and check primary user there. It would make somethings lot easier.

• Johnny Pierre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes PLEASE!! I was using the k1000 by dell and it had this. It takes time having to dig through every time you want to know something so simple.

• MikhailCompo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES YES YES!!!!

It is insane that the User Device Affinity/Primary User is not available in inventory, and so cannot be easily queried.

The number of times over the last decade I have been give a list of computers and the response is never a perfect science.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice to see current logged on user (last time device checked in)

• Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Technically speaking you can do this already through a custom console build, since a machine can have multiple primary users the query would be very expensive and would probably slow the computer down.

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base