Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Enable a column for primary user!

Enable an option to quickly see the primary user of a device (within the columns on the console) I don't have time to individually click machines or run reports to find the primary user.

683 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Edgard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is fantastic news and will be very much welcomed as it has been a feature view that many CCM Administrators have wanted for a long time.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

now this is marked as planned, will it be in both the web console and hybrid? thanks

• NM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really a good and necessary feature to have. It is tedious to get the information in the current setting.

x100000 this!

Madness! this should have been in the SCCM 2012 but nope, not even R2 or even current branch!

This x10! It's crazy that there's no way to add the primary user as a column when looking at devices in a collection. Luckily we have BigFix in our environment too, which allows me to quickly do this.

• Lorena Antelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful being able to display User Device Affinity information in Devices collections or vice versa with the users.

Actually, using SCCM console, you need to right click a device/user to see this information. To check this info in several items, we need to query for it.

Would be great to have this info easily, for example, just adding a column to the view.

Thank you.

• Charles Herrington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the most helpful things for me would be to be able to see the primary user and/or last logged on user in the asset details frame when looking at the monitoring\overview\deployments\deployment status page for a deployment.

Every month I go to check to see which machines have not installed the monthly patch deployment I created. once I find the machines still needing patches I then need to cross reference a query I created to show me the last logged on user for each device to figure out who I need to harangue.

• David Guirl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes! need a column for primary user on each device, as well as primary device for each user. I utilize this feature regularly and it would save me 3 clicks!

People have been posting this exacty same question since 2012 on forums and we still dont have an option?

Microsoft - how hard can be this be - Whats stopping you from adding this column?

Theres 355 votes currently on this thread alone - EVERYONE WANTS THIS FEATURE

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why in the same **** is this not a default setting that is right there in the Device view???? I've been using SCCM now for 3 years and this drives me crazy. Come on Microsoft... please make this happen!

• L U commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A suggested algorithm for User column: self-nominated primary user (first option) or primary user determined by usage pattern (second option if first is not available); or last-logged-on user (third option if first and second options are not available) or SYSTEM (if joined to domain and other options are not available) or nothing if computer has never even checked in?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3, this would be an administrative god send. Get it in the Mobile Devices view as well for hybrid Intune and you get bonus points!

• CG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And primary devices as a column on users! This information is "easy" to get from the links on the bottom right, I agree it should just be a default field and not one I have to create my own console to put in with the console creator.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base