Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Multiple monitor support for Remote Control Viewer

When the end user has multiple monitors, the view is scaled. This is really frustrating sometimes: you have the choice between a blurry view or scrolling a lot...

Sure it's possible to detect multiple monitors and being able to switch between them with buttons (like Team Viewer) would be awesome!

1,145 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Wesley Droogenbroot shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aaron Flaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey DJAM. I am running 1802 in production. There is no real improvement in this feature. I like Silas Sulser suggestion of allowing the technician to be able to select which monitor they want to view on the clients side.

• Silas Sulser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've installed 1802 and our Remote Control Viewer has version 5.00.8540.1001, is that the latest version, right? I cannot confirm any improvement compared to older versions. Please add the ability to select one specific screen and your problem is solved! This app really frustrates us every single day. It is just unusable. We are in 2018 and this tool still looks like it comes from 1995! Please, please please, do some major improvements of this tool and a lot of your customers are happy again!

• jaghaddeesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Appreciate if you could implement this Option in a separate HKLM registry hive, every options in SCCM remote tool using same registry Hive HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ConfigMgr10\Remote Control

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with 1802 don't see any change from before. Still no means to select a single monitor. Please add this to the next patch, 1803. Else it makes no sense to get off of 3rd party connection software like Dameware.

The scaling difference between having 1 monitor to 2 to 3 monitors is huge. That's why I think everyone wants an option to see just one monitor and a toggle to switch to which monitor to view.

One monitor = less scroll bar and easier to view the whole user's screen
        Multiple monitors = hard to view the user's screens with scrollbars. scale to fit squeezes too much and makes it hard to read

After reading Lucas' statement, I'm slightly bummed on this one. I was hoping for the option to choose what monitor as well.

I'm gong to install 1802 tonight.

• Mark Aldridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
      • Chuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like he meant to say 1803TP, that's too bad. Was hoping to see this in the 1802 release

How to try it? Please don't ask me to build a test environment, I just want the tool.
        /Göran

• Chuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, didn't see this in the notes anywhere. Curious what it looks like or if it's just a dpi fix for surfaces and such.

I am excited but I'm surprised this wouldn't be noted anywhere on the 1802 preview highlights. This seems like it would be one of the most excitable features in a while. I've been waiting for it for quite some time.

• Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So what's the status now? Panned or Started?

Planned – we’ve started coding for this, and expect it to show up in a tech preview build within the next couple of months
        Started – It is NOW in a tech preview. Go check it out, and give us feedback. Let us know if we are on the right track. You can even put the feedback in the comment section of the UV request, for others to see and comment on. We’ll read that and use the feedback to try to improve the feature.

See blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configmgreng/20.. for details <--- /20.. ? it says page not found.

• Roy L Cardwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the UI could have PIP support and it had the main work space on one monitor and you can switch by clicking on the PIP window to any monitor. This would be killer.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The suggestions made in the comments would help us to be much more efficient while supporting end users. It is very difficult to operate if the end user has multiple monitors without having to change settings or scroll a significant amount. Another issue noted is trying to click different areas when a user has multiple monitors. I’ve learned this tends to happen a lot more if the monitors have different display resolutions. Over a period of calls this consumes a lot of time trying to walk a user through changing the resolutions settings over then phone. It’s easy to suggest that your users need to simply use the same resolution on all monitors. Though, if the monitors are physically different there may only be the choice of using different display resolutions. Even if there could be an option to view a single monitor during a connection it would help with both of these problems.

• LP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel that this feature is mandatory in this type of product/tool.
        I work with many Computers with two or three Displays

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base