System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Multiple monitor support for Remote Control Viewer

When the end user has multiple monitors, the view is scaled. This is really frustrating sometimes: you have the choice between a blurry view or scrolling a lot...

Sure it's possible to detect multiple monitors and being able to switch between them with buttons (like Team Viewer) would be awesome!

1,102 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Wesley Droogenbroot shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to try it? Please don't ask me to build a test environment, I just want the tool.

• Chuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, didn't see this in the notes anywhere. Curious what it looks like or if it's just a dpi fix for surfaces and such.

I am excited but I'm surprised this wouldn't be noted anywhere on the 1802 preview highlights. This seems like it would be one of the most excitable features in a while. I've been waiting for it for quite some time.

• Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So what's the status now? Panned or Started?

Planned – we’ve started coding for this, and expect it to show up in a tech preview build within the next couple of months
        Started – It is NOW in a tech preview. Go check it out, and give us feedback. Let us know if we are on the right track. You can even put the feedback in the comment section of the UV request, for others to see and comment on. We’ll read that and use the feedback to try to improve the feature.

See for details <--- /20.. ? it says page not found.

• Roy L Cardwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the UI could have PIP support and it had the main work space on one monitor and you can switch by clicking on the PIP window to any monitor. This would be killer.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The suggestions made in the comments would help us to be much more efficient while supporting end users. It is very difficult to operate if the end user has multiple monitors without having to change settings or scroll a significant amount. Another issue noted is trying to click different areas when a user has multiple monitors. I’ve learned this tends to happen a lot more if the monitors have different display resolutions. Over a period of calls this consumes a lot of time trying to walk a user through changing the resolutions settings over then phone. It’s easy to suggest that your users need to simply use the same resolution on all monitors. Though, if the monitors are physically different there may only be the choice of using different display resolutions. Even if there could be an option to view a single monitor during a connection it would help with both of these problems.

• LP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel that this feature is mandatory in this type of product/tool.
        I work with many Computers with two or three Displays

• Bernard Holz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the tool is outdated and needs a complet renewal, so that it again corresponds to the requirements of a modern IT

• William Lister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only workaround I've found is Enabling Scale to Fit, and resizing my RC Viewer Window to take up an equal amount of screens as my customer. This only works because I have multiple screens. Sometimes I'm RDP into a different Site Server and using RC from there with only one window. Would Love to see multiple monitor support.

• Daniel Flesch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank You for adding SCCM Remote Viewer it is far better the RDP for helping clients or RA.

That being said, I would like the DPI issue fixed and MultiScreen Support to be added.

These features work in an alternate program such as Team Viewer.

Thank You for your time.

• Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also add support for Display Scaling.

When you use Remote Control Viewer on a device with display scaling, the mouse location is out of sync.

• Rajesh Varadhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also planning to rollout SCCM Remote control tool. As stating by others still some show stoppers are there.

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem on some windows 10 1703 machines that the mouse is out of sync on the screen. We are using SCCM 1706. When will MS fix this problem. Next year we want to make a global rollout

• Paolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is overdue, seriously. It a fact, they know it, it's your product, do you care?

• Andy Cippico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem seems to have been an issue for many years. It's quite unbelievable that it's still an issue today. I have been trying to champion SCCM Remote Control to my IT colleagues. They are kicking back at me and asking to go back to VNC. This move to SCCM has just made me look incompetent. PLEASE FIX IT.

• Spencer Blackman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are all but ready to abandon the remote control manager because of the multiple monitor issue and seemingly complete lack of support.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base