Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Multiple monitor support for Remote Control Viewer

When the end user has multiple monitors, the view is scaled. This is really frustrating sometimes: you have the choice between a blurry view or scrolling a lot...

Sure it's possible to detect multiple monitors and being able to switch between them with buttons (like Team Viewer) would be awesome!

566 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Wesley DroogenbrootWesley Droogenbroot shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        Is there an offical complaint to Microsoft ? Or we have to go with another third party application that can arm your computers
        Thanks

Also, I noticed a two second or more delay. It is almost like the Remote Control Viewer does not play with with Windows Aero or something. Nice request.

Well, just figured out something:
        Setup: 1 console and connected to a 3 Screen Monitor Setup (1x SP4Pro with 2x 24''FullHD)

Initial view: very bad! can see 3 monitors tailed over my RC, not possible to click or do something without headache

Changed: View > Scale to Fit >>> removed the flag! (default it's flagged)

Resulting View: first I can see the main monitor (SP4Pro) in a proper and workable scale, and on bottom of the Console I can see now a scrolling Bar, scrolling to the right I'll land on the second screen, also good conditions and workable, scrolling more to the right comes up the 3rd screen, also usable.

Hm, well, it's only a workaround for the moment, and maybe it's not working for everybody, but it gives me precisely clickable view, and less headache.

But I do really agree with the argument: buttons to change monitors would be not a nice to have, it would be a MUST (or any other technique solving these scaling troubles)

maybe this help
        cheers
        chris

• Josh UnderkoflerJosh Underkofler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge problem for us, we have issues with the mouse being out of sync on the screen and is a real headache for us. I hope we can get this fixed soon!!

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for multiple monitors
        +1 for reworking scaling issues

The native remote control within Windows allows for so much more control over the session. I can't image it'd be difficult to incorporate some of the more desired features into CMRV.

Please add this!

• James HolderJames Holder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remotely viewing end user systems with the SCCM is useless without the option to swap between active screens. You end up scrolling all around the monitors and cant even get the cursor to line up correctly. It is an infuriating experience that needs to be addressed.

• Rob CzymochRob Czymoch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple screens is standard today. Other management products allow you to select the active screen. Without this feature there is no point in even using SCCM to provide remote viewing support to a user. I would say this is an absolute requirement not optional.

• Andrew SchwalbeAndrew Schwalbe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly frustrating and makes remote support nearly impossible. The scaling issues with Surface Pro4s and newer laptops make it even more difficult.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our testing indicates that when the remote device has multiple screens with different scaling such as Surface Pro 4 with 200% scaling and a 1080p screen at 100% scaling, the cursor does not align with the location on the remote device. Proper multi-monitor support is definitely required.

• dgrdgr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have too.

Remote Control works ridiculously bad with 3 displays - not only is it hard to see but clicks land in the wrong place too.

Too bad I'm out of votes :(.

• HenrikHenrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to have this feature would be nice.
        I work with many Computers with two or three Displays

• Brian PurdyBrian Purdy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of having the ability to toggle between the remote screens. I also think that if the viewer PC has multiple monitors, it would be an improvement to have the option to view one remote screen on each monitor.

Feedback and Knowledge Base