Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Integrate a References tab on Application objects

Application objects should have a References tab that is identical in functionality to the References tab on Task Sequence objects.

The current References tab in an Application object's properties is very limited (Shows App dependencies, App Supersedence, and Virtual Environments).

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brent shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Noted  · 

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Amy Ahlberg - can you please share that report with us to help ease the pain till (if) they add this feature? I too tire of trying to figure out why of my MANY task sequences might have a reference to an old app i'm trying to get rid of.

• Amy Ahlberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same comment as Donald below. I have to run a custom report to find the task sequences that reference the application since there is no "Task Sequences that contain this application" in the Relationship Type drop down on the References tab. Also, finding these references in long build task sequences is like finding a needle in a haystack once I am in the referring task sequence. There has got to be an easier way to delete applications..,.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although there is a way to script this, it would be nice to have this natively in the GUI :)

• Donald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this 100%. When I go to delete an old application I sometimes get a box saying SCCM can't delete this application because: number of dependent task sequences: 1

I should be able to go into the application properties > references tab and see which task sequence it is in. I have quite a few task sequences so checking all of them takes a long time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base