Microsoft

System Center Configuration Manager Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

How can we improve Configuration Manager?

Historical State Messages

I love status messages and the new state message system is a step backwards. I have no historical data for troubleshooting purposes. If I create a new revision of an application and deploy it, does it have a higher success rate than a previous revision? No clue.

Also, I don't like that state messages are removed for deleted deployments. I want to know what deployment ran on what machine, regardless of if the deployment still exists or not. How do I know what was installed on one machine if the deployment is removed?

There are a ton of instances where historical state messages would be very helpful. It'd be amazing if you made them as detailed as the task sequence status messages, but at least keeping historical success/fail would be very help.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ryan Ephgrave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Noted  · 

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ryan Ephgrave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just saw the WMI class SMS_CI_ComplianceHistory which seems to have some of the information, but it'd be nice if we could see this from the console and if the name of the CI was recorded so we know what App/Baseline is run (if the App is removed, it doesn't look like there is a way to match the scope ID to the app)

Feedback and Knowledge Base